Where is all of the good Christian music?

Jul 30, 2012
Winston Salem, NC
Visit site
✟7,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I spend alot of time looking for good Christian music. But I keep coming across artists that are just sappy and weak on doctrine, on the Gospel, on the real truth of the Bible in their music. It gets frustrating sometimes when I want to worship and hear music that glorifies God and I keep having to skip songs on Pandora or change the radio station because it's just another song about how God is love and I was worth everything He did to save me. So where is the real Christian music, the ones that declare that I was never worth it, that He's worthy of all the praise and that people need the Lord!?

Jul 30, 2012
Winston Salem, NC
Visit site
✟7,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess it's waiting to be written by someone as knowledgeable about what is True worship music as you.

Haha, no not the point at all. Just would love some suggestions of more Christian artists to listen to because the few that I enjoy get old after listening to albums over and over again. Who do you listen to?

Upvote 0

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I spend alot of time looking for good Christian music. But I keep coming across artists that are just sappy and weak on doctrine, on the Gospel, on the real truth of the Bible in their music. It gets frustrating sometimes when I want to worship and hear music that glorifies God and I keep having to skip songs on Pandora or change the radio station because it's just another song about how God is love and I was worth everything He did to save me. So where is the real Christian music, the ones that declare that I was never worth it, that He's worthy of all the praise and that people need the Lord!?
You won't find it in "Christian" bookstores or on "Christian" radio.

Upvote 0

BondiHarry

Mar 29, 2011
✟9,913.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
There are some singers and groups that truly honor God such as Lynda Randle (God on the Mountain and I'm Free are two of her best) and Selah when Nicol Sponberg was with them (Before the Throne of God, You Raise Me Up) which are worthwhile. Moody Radio I think does a good job playing Christian music. There are some great songs out there in Christian music but few venues which play only them. For personal use at home I would recommend going to YouTube and starting a music category of Christian music and favoriting the good songs available. You can put 200 songs in a category so you can listen for hours without repeating a song.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Haha, no not the point at all. Just would love some suggestions of more Christian artists to listen to because the few that I enjoy get old after listening to albums over and over again. Who do you listen to?

Normally just my Wife's Choir Tapes.
Other than that, Classical, and some Country.

Upvote 0

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who are your favorites?

Upvote 0
E

Exjunkman

In todays commercial music, it is based on making money for the label. Modern A & R staff have no clue what "good" music is. They just look at what's selling and try to add new talent to the bandwagon.
Not that its all bad at all. But the good stuff nowadays is found underground. Those bands who make music in a not-for-profit" fashion.

I have found that many late 80's hair metal bands have a great message. And believe it or not, many rap artists have a solid product. One newer one I love is 116 Clique's "Amped" album. Awesome lyrics. Well produced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
L

Leap

The best music seems to be found in methodist congregations and gregorian chant. Most of the modern stuff is truly awful.

This....
Parody Of Our Modern Church Service - YouTube
....is not so far from the truth - well, it makes me snicker :D

Upvote 0

lightninboy

Jan 11, 2005
Twin Brooks, South Dakota
✟11,910.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You don't like one kind of praise and worship music but you like another kind of praise and worship music? How much difference can there be in praise and worship music? Basically, the best praise and worship music was made over ten years ago and has been copied to death since then.

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2012
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw this note about "where has good Christian music gone?" and I thought you would like this new Christian band: Covenant31
Check out the latest video here:
youtube.com/watch?v=Qoh1gyGQ9xw
Website here:
covenant31.com/

I think you will like this - not watered down. Not weak doctrine.
Let me know what you think!

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2012
✟15,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think there are a lot of "Christian" Bands that may be in it for the wrong reasons. Maybe for money, or fame. And when that is the case the focus can easily become - Does the music fit on the radio? Is it popular? (Does it tickle the ears?) and instead of good quality music with God honoring lyrics, we see a lot of watered down stuff today. And not to mention not much originality when everyone is trying to fit in the RADIO box.

So what we really need is revival!! Back to God's Glory!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

orionhunter1986

orionhunter1986
Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Whenever i want to hear Christian music i just turned into Christian TV channels like TBN. Sometimes i go to youtube and just pretty much search them one by one to download or just have a listen, it's frustrating at times. I like Hillsongs...:)

Upvote 0

BeforeThereWas

Seasoned Warrior
Mar 14, 2005
Midwest City, OK
✟10,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What I'm doing is taking back the music from the secular world that belongs to God, remastering it, writing new lyrics, and releasing it to whomever wants some really fantastic melodies as an alternative to the blandness of CCM.

These weren't performed with the new lyrics, but they give a good sampling of the quality of work I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmMt7J2JsMs

Learning To Fly - YouTube

Adventurous - YouTube

....and more.....

BTW

Upvote 0