Where in the NEW TESTAMENT does it say being gay is a sin?

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You will note my greater emphasis is on the gospel.
All the dissecting arguments in regard to the topic are merely demonicly influenced with aim to silence what matters the most.
The One thing that can save any sinner.
The good news of the lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You will note my greater emphasis is on the gospel.
All the dissecting arguments in regard to the topic are merely demonicly influenced with aim to silence what matters the most.
The One thing that can save any sinner.
The good news of the lord Jesus.

Good point. What people really need is the gospel. But earlier you said this,

A correct question is. Is sexual immorality a sin ?yes... in every form with same sex and sodomy singled out and declared by God to be abhorrent .

However we will not change the world .God has declared it is wicked and it is destined for judgment and destruction

I'm not sure if you mentioned the part in bold because you've decided that it's pointless to try giving the gospel to a homosexual. It's confusing since homosexuality is the context.

I made several suggestions earlier about ways in which we Christians could better relate to homosexuals, encouraging them to find ways to stop themselves from participating in immoral sexuality, perhaps by adopting celibacy as a reasonable alternative and to find ways of dealing with the pain of letting go of their desires for sexual activity.

But you said that would not work, again, implying that you feel it's pointless to reach out to a homosexual with the gospel. Or, you may be suggesting that refraining from sexual immorality is not part of the gospel or values of Heaven?

Obviously, there are many homosexuals out there who really want nothing to do with Christianity, but, once again, I never suggested that we force anything on to people who don't want it.

There are gays out there questioning what they should be doing with life, if they should be pursuing romantic relationships, and exploring spirituality which sometimes includes a willingness to hear from God. They are at various levels of development in that questioning and searching (just as many heterosexual people are). My suggestions were based on interaction with these kind of people.

Does that change your position on my suggestions at all?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no i mentioned the part in bold because a lot of this topics contention stems from some folks trying to impose godliness on the world using the worlds system.it wont achieve anything but further contention because the spirit of this world is diametrically opposed to the law of righteousness.
hence we are to present the gospel truth in love TO ALL,in word and deed that as many as believe and respond can be saved from the judgment that is coming.

Upvote 0

staceylee67

Mar 14, 2013
Pacific Northwest
✟7,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Homosexuality is an insipid lie from the enemy. It is an illusion (GRANTED: I mean the mentality that one is 100% "frozen into" to same-sex attraction.)

I don't understand why the OP is asking where in the new testament does it forbid homosexuality when God is the same God, is Christ, is the Son of God. The "New Covenant," aka "New Testament" is the same God speaking as the God of Moses, and Abraham. So, if He said it was wrong before, He doesn't back slide, and renege on His commandments. Christ would not be Christ if He contradicted the "old testament" God. Therefore, it matters not whether it is said in the "Old Covenant/Testament" or "New Covenant/Testament" that it is wrong.

Because, skates, the OT has a bunch of crazy stuff, (and please don't act like you do not know what I am talking about just because you know the bible better than I do). I posted because I have had a lot of death in my family recently. And my nephew is gay and has also suffered a great loss. His pain at the loss of his SO is no less than any other person who loses their mate. Yet, it is often diminished by some false Christians. It's like, well that is a sin so it serves him right.
I have not read my bible in a while, the last year or so I have had so many losses and I feel beat up and forsaken. So, I was asking for specific scripture to see how it was worded. I know-- dumb question.

Upvote 0

staceylee67

Mar 14, 2013
Pacific Northwest
✟7,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems to me the homosexuals are trolling the Christian forums looking for debates that will justify their hate arguments, or force acceptance on what we know to be sinful. Continuing to debate the issue just seems to add fuel to the fire. Why not just ignore the subject and refuse to respond. We are not going to change their beliefs, nor are they ours. So what is the point? Each side had argued their beliefs and it is getting no where. Lets face it, in the end God will sort it out.

Are you referring to me, RBPerry?? IF NOT- then go to #3. IF SO-- please read on from #1.
1)I am not a homosexual and I am not trolling Christian forums. I am a Christian, a woman-- married to a man. A man who is also a Christian, who is an usher at our church for both services every single Sunday.
2)I am not looking for debate to justify my hate argument.
3)I love irony. Especially when a poster makes a statement about the OP and then says we should all ignore and not post. I am giggling here. Really I am.

Upvote 0

staceylee67

Mar 14, 2013
Pacific Northwest
✟7,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
New question. It seems as though 2 or 3 people are implying that sin will send you to hell? In my church they say that believing in Jesus is all you need to do to go to heaven. Of course, one needs to live the way Jesus tells us to, but sin does not send you to hell. It also teaches me that all sin is equal-- which I have a little bit of a hard time with but if so.. then everyone is in BIG trouble.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
His pain at the loss of his SO is no less than any other person who loses their mate. Yet, it is often diminished by some false Christians. It's like, well that is a sin so it serves him right.

Hi Stacey, I agree with the sentiment you've expressed here, but I don't think it's helpful for either side to call them "false Christians" because of it. We all have areas where we could use a little more understanding in order to become better Christians. I believe that is what is happening here. Homosexuality has become a highly polarized issue because of all the media sensation around it, so it's become very difficult for the average Christian to slow down and think carefully through the issues.

Greed is a MUCH more important issue and yet there is not nearly the fervour for dealing with that issue as there is with homosexuality. Why? Because righteous indignation feels so good; it's addictive. I'm not suggesting that homosexuality should be ignored, but until we Christians deal with our own problems first, our efforts to deal with other people's sins will always stunted and skewed.

New question. It seems as though 2 or 3 people are implying that sin will send you to hell? In my church they say that believing in Jesus is all you need to do to go to heaven. Of course, one needs to live the way Jesus tells us to, but sin does not send you to hell. It also teaches me that all sin is equal-- which I have a little bit of a hard time with but if so.. then everyone is in BIG trouble.

Personally, I think all sins are equal in the sense that sin is sin. One cannot argue that they are not guilty just because the sin is very small. At the same time, I'm fairly certain that a just God will see a difference between someone stealing a piece of gum and rape.

Also, I think sin WILL send a lot of people to hell, and for most professing Christians it will almost certainly be the sin of complacency which does it. We've become comfortable in our religious traditions, even to the point that many of us have convinced ourselves that Jesus' teachings don't even apply to us anymore. Those teachings were for another day. Jesus didn't realize what kind of modern life we'd have today. He didn't realize what kind of bills we'd have or what kind of society we'd live in and therefore our progress has overtaken the validity of his teachings.

Does that sound ridiculous to you? And yet, I can show you proof from several posts right here on this forum of people making that very same argument.

Jesus described this very same scenario...

LK 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

LK 17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

LK 17:28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

LK 17:29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all

This prophecy is being fullfilled, right now, today and yet people can't seem to see it. No mention of homosexuality here. These people were doing very ordinary, every day activities, and yet God destroyed them. They stopped caring about what God wanted. They became distracted with the cares of this world. Look around. Take a long, hard look. This is happening now. So many have reasons for why Jesus' teachings don't apply to them; they have bills to pay, events to attend, jobs to work etc...

Upvote 0
T

theophilus777

This prophecy is being fullfilled, right now, today and yet people can't seem to see it. [/FONT][/SIZE]No mention of homosexuality here. These people were doing very ordinary, every day activities, and yet God destroyed them. They stopped caring about what God wanted. They became distracted with the cares of this world. Look around. Take a long, hard look. This is happening now. So many have reasons for why Jesus' teachings don't apply to them; they have bills to pay, events to attend, jobs to work etc...

Hi. I have to disagree; Jesus made specific mention of homosexuality in that passage. He referred to Sodom. James grew up with Him, in the same house. What does James say about Sodom?

What I'd like to know is what was implied by "as it was in the days of Noah."

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi. I have to disagree; Jesus made specific mention of homosexuality in that passage. He referred to Sodom.

I took you for a rational fellow, theo. ^.-

He mentions the name of a city. What he says about that city has nothing to do with homosexuality. The fact that he also mentions the days of Noah as being in the same category of problems as Sodom reinforces the point that he is not talking about homosexuality; he is talking about complacency.

What I'd like to know is what was implied by "as it was in the days of Noah."

Personally, don't see it as an implication. Consider the similarities between this scripture and these other examples...

Servant told to come to the marriage supper.

MT 22:5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:

LK 14:18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

LK 14:19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

LK 14:20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

MT 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

There is a consistent theme here, but it's the very nature of that theme that stops us from seeing it. It is because we are caught up in the cares of this world that we cannot see that we are caught up in the cares of this world. The only way to break out of it is to believe what Jesus said. Take him at his word. He said this is a very serious problem.

If we try to pretend that it's really about homosexuality or some other problem, then we are still missing the lesson. We will be like people in the matrix who are given exercises to keep us busy arguing with one another about seemingly important issues, while never realizing we are still asleep.

Teachings like forsaking all, working for love rather than money and the things money can buy, living communally with other Christians, and going into all the world to preach the gospel are the keys to waking up out of the complacency of the system which lulls us to sleep.

Upvote 0

staceylee67

Mar 14, 2013
Pacific Northwest
✟7,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I took you for a rational fellow, theo. ^.-

He mentions the name of a city. What he says about that city has nothing to do with homosexuality. The fact that he also mentions the days of Noah as being in the same category of problems as Sodom reinforces the point that he is not talking about homosexuality; he is talking about complacency.

Personally, don't see it as an implication. Consider the similarities between this scripture and these other examples...

Servant told to come to the marriage supper.

There is a consistent theme here, but it's the very nature of that theme that stops us from seeing it. It is because we are caught up in the cares of this world that we cannot see that we are caught up in the cares of this world. The only way to break out of it is to believe what Jesus said. Take him at his word. He said this is a very serious problem.

If we try to pretend that it's really about homosexuality or some other problem, then we are still missing the lesson. We will be like people in the matrix who are given exercises to keep us busy arguing with one another about seemingly important issues, while never realizing we are still asleep.

Teachings like forsaking all, working for love rather than money and the things money can buy, living communally with other Christians, and going into all the world to preach the gospel are the keys to waking up out of the complacency of the system which lulls us to sleep.

Tremble I just think that you have been so great and understanding in your responses. You have made me understand things that I have been struggling with for years. I can get a little emotional and respond accordingly- meaning in a childish and unproductive way- yet you always come back with such a knowledgeable and kind response. You have brought so much clarity, reason and understanding and I hope to hear from you in the future.
THANK YOU AND BLESS YOU!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dave5777

Jun 13, 2014
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The commandments regarding what we do and what we do not do, are written from Genesis through Deuteronomy.

Lev 20:13 says: if a man lies with another man, as he does with a woman, they have committed abomination, they shall surely be put to death.

So this answers the question, Homosexuals will go to hell and burn there forever.

Read your scriptures better, look since America began legalizing Gay marriage, the economy has been sinking America is not with a debt of 17 trillion dollars.

2012 was a big year for gay agenda in NY, interestingly that year they had Sandy hurricane, go to youtube and watch the vision of David Wilkerson 1973.

If you tolerate gays, that means you are spiritually dead and do not know the scriptures, and you will end up in hell if you do not repent

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The commandments regarding what we do and what we do not do, are written from Genesis through Deuteronomy.

Lev 20:13 says: if a man lies with another man, as he does with a woman, they have committed abomination, they shall surely be put to death.

So this answers the question, Homosexuals will go to hell and burn there forever.

Read your scriptures better, look since America began legalizing Gay marriage, the economy has been sinking America is not with a debt of 17 trillion dollars.

2012 was a big year for gay agenda in NY, interestingly that year they had Sandy hurricane, go to youtube and watch the vision of David Wilkerson 1973.

If you tolerate gays, that means you are spiritually dead and do not know the scriptures, and you will end up in hell if you do not repent

It's very unfortunate that you put everyone under the law (yourself included?) and that you have no understanding of grace. Christians are under a different covenant than those people to whom that verse in Leviticus was written. Christ fulfilled the law and put to death the commandments on the cross. If you insist on applying the law then you must apply all of it. Have you killed the required number of sheep and cattle this month?

Please stop the nonsense! Giving people their rights under the Constitution is the cause of a slow-growth economy? Why weren't Christians spared the destruction of Hurricane Sandy?

I would suggest that you examine your attitude toward gays, whom we are told by the Lord to love. If you can't/won't do that you are disobeying Jesus Christ and he will surely punish you.

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Dave c'mon you're killing me here...lol

Inflammatory. -_-

Would you be willing to rephrase this to;
"If you tolerate gay fornication, that means you have a spiritual blind-spot and are ignoring scriptural evidence, which could very easily cause you to end up in hell if you do not repent"? Or something like that?

Upvote 0