Where does the Old Testament say that Satan is a fallen angel/devil?

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Jews dont believe in the devil. From what I know about Judaism, they believe that Satan is simply an angel that God uses to accuse people-they dont really believe that he's a fallen angel or devil figure. Jews only believe in the Old Testament (Torah.)

But where exactly does the Old Testament say that Satan is a fallen angel or the devil? The book of Revelation refers to him as the devil and the serpent in the Garden of Eden, but that's in the New Testament, not the Old. Even the Book of Job never explicitly states that he's a fallen angel. Some people would argue that the Book of Ezekiel refers to Lucifer, but you could only put the dots together to realize that that verse is talking about the devil, if you know what the New Testament says about him.

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Brother Sam , no place in Scripture does " fallen angel " appear .

All the words translated " devil or satan " is miss translated for "an accuser, a slanderer"

Lucifer is a completely fabricated word introduced in to Scripture in the eight or ninth century .

“How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations!

Isaiah 14 [ Mercy on Jacob ] For the Lord will have mercy on Jacob, and will still choose Israel, and settle them in their own land. The strangers will be joined with them, and they will cling to the house of Jacob. Then people will take them and bring them to their place, and the house of Israel will possess them for servants and maids in the land of the Lord; they will take them captive whose captives they were, and rule over their oppressors. [ Fall of the King of Babylon ] It shall come to pass in the day the Lord gives you rest from your sorrow, and from your fear and the hard bondage in which you were made to serve, ...

Job is the oldest book in Scripture . In fact it was the pride and joy of at least three pagan empires before Abram was born . Truly not Hebrew in any shape or form . Propagating the pagan concept of an outside force influencing a persons immoral behaviour .

The servant ron.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Brother Sam , no place in Scripture does " fallen angel " appear .

All the words translated " devil or satan " is miss translated for "an accuser, a slanderer"

Lucifer is a completely fabricated word introduced in to Scripture in the eight or ninth century .

“How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations!

Isaiah 14 [ Mercy on Jacob ] For the Lord will have mercy on Jacob, and will still choose Israel, and settle them in their own land. The strangers will be joined with them, and they will cling to the house of Jacob. Then people will take them and bring them to their place, and the house of Israel will possess them for servants and maids in the land of the Lord; they will take them captive whose captives they were, and rule over their oppressors. [ Fall of the King of Babylon ] It shall come to pass in the day the Lord gives you rest from your sorrow, and from your fear and the hard bondage in which you were made to serve, ...

Job is the oldest book in Scripture . In fact it was the pride and joy of at least three pagan empires before Abram was born . Truly not Hebrew in any shape or form . Propagating the pagan concept of an outside force influencing a persons immoral behaviour .

The servant ron.

Upvote 0
Aug 24, 2014
✟8,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jews dont believe in the devil. From what I know about Judaism, they believe that Satan is simply an angel that God uses to accuse people-they dont really believe that he's a fallen angel or devil figure. Jews only believe in the Old Testament (Torah.)

But where exactly does the Old Testament say that Satan is a fallen angel or the devil? The book of Revelation refers to him as the devil and the serpent in the Garden of Eden, but that's in the New Testament, not the Old. Even the Book of Job never explicitly states that he's a fallen angel. Some people would argue that the Book of Ezekiel refers to Lucifer, but you could only put the dots together to realize that that verse is talking about the devil, if you know what the New Testament says about him.

Devils are evils spirits. It's obvious from what they do. As for where they came from, you'll need to take the whole word of God for the answer. If you reject it as mistranslation, additions, etc., then you can prove your ideas to be correct.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Devils are evils spirits. It's obvious from what they do. As for where they came from, you'll need to take the whole word of God for the answer. If you reject it as mistranslation, additions, etc., then you can prove your ideas to be correct.

But where does the Old Testament mention the devil? The book of Job only says that Satan is the accuser-the New Testament says that he's the devil. Jews who only believe in the Old Testament dont believe that the devil is a fallen angel.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!

For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’

Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit

(Isaiah 14 NKJV)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
“How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!

For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’

Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit

(Isaiah 14 NKJV)

BryanW92's response is the best place you'll find your answer, also in Ezekiel, as you already mentioned.

God Bless!

Upvote 0