Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The solution is simple. The Earth has been around for billions of years which is why we see a geologic and fossil record consistent with billions of years.
I'm sure scientists could live on a 3000 year old planet and find a billion years worth of history on it.

(They are that good!)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think it is real. You are the one obsessed with it being fake.
Well ... you two scratch your heads over all this ... and I'll just watch.

Fair enough?

(I'm curious as to how much momentum this conversation built up.)

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Well ... you two scratch your heads over all this ... and I'll watch.

Fair enough?

Nothing to scratch over. Your claims of a 6,000 year history [for] Earth require God to plant fake fossils in the ground. An Earth that [is actually billions of years old does not]. Since I accept that the Earth has billions of years of history, I don't need to explain God planting fake fossils.

[edits made later]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,569.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
Here is some proof of a global flood just as the bible says.

2.The top 3,000 feet of Mt. Everest (from 26,000-29,000 feet) is made up of sedimentary rock packed with seashells and other ocean-dwelling animals.

3.Petrified clams in the closed position (found all over the world) testify to their rapid burial while they were still alive, even on top of Mount Everest.

Can you provide a source for your information? According to Wikipedia, 'From its summit to the top of the Yellow Band about 8,600 m (28,200ft) above sea level, the top of Mount Everest consists of the Qomolangma Formation, which has also been designated as either the Everest Formation or the Jolmo Lungama Formation. It consists of grayish to dark gray or white, parallel laminated and bedded Ordovician limestone interlayered with subordinate beds of recrystallised dolomite with argillaceous laminae and siltstone. Gansser first reported finding microscopic fragments of crinoids in this limestone. Later petrographic analysis of samples of limestone from near the summit, revealed them to be composed of carbonate pellets and finely fragmented remains of trilobites, crinoids and ostracods.'

Notice that it says 'microscopic fragments' and 'finely fragmented remains', not 'sedimentary rocks packed with seashells' or 'petrified clams in the closed position'. Also, crinoids and ostracods first appeared during the Ordovician period, and trilobites existed from the Cambrian period to the Permian. These are not modern seashells or 'clams'.

I repeat, can you provide a source that refers to 'sedimentary rocks packed with seashells'or 'petrified clams in the closed position' on Mount Everest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I repeat, can you provide a source that refers to 'sedimentary rocks packed with seashells'or 'petrified clams in the closed position' on Mount Everest.

I would like for them to disclose how they think limestone forms.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hah! My favorite subject brought back from the dead (who said there's no 'resurrection').

There's no flood 'ring' because it wasn't that kind of flood, and the earth's surface was covered with a thick layer of vegetation that could for the most part withstand most of the expanse of the flood waters without the usual erosion and deposition of fast moving floods, although there would be some of this action. Very limited erosion would have most likely taken place during the recession of the waters back into the sea beds as the turf would have been somewhat degraded by then. The 'fifteen cubits upward' could have referred to the nearby mountains of Ararat, not Everest, as this is all that would have been needed to drown everyone on earth at that time, and there was certainly enough water to accomplish that.

Gypsum as well as oil and other resources were deliberately fashioned by God over the millennia for modern man's use as part of the "precious things" of the earth and the "treasures hid in the sand".

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Shhhhh!

You're giving out trade secrets!

:D

LOL! Well it be'z da troof, mon
4chsmu1.gif

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where does the "Flood" start?

Rain.

True, but that requires some qualification. The rain prepared the earth, atmosphere, and the ark, for the incoming seawaters.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
True, but that requires some qualification. The rain prepared the earth, atmosphere, and the ark, for the incoming seawaters.

Quite possibly true....yet nuthin' would'a happened without da rain.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Hah! My favorite subject brought back from the dead (who said there's no 'resurrection').

There's no flood 'ring' because it wasn't that kind of flood, and the earth's surface was covered with a thick layer of vegetation that could for the most part withstand most of the expanse of the flood waters without the usual erosion and deposition of fast moving floods, although there would be some of this action.

All of which you have made up from whole cloth.

Also, you have sedimentary deposits kilometers deep in some places that still need explaining.

Gypsum as well as oil and other resources were deliberately fashioned by God over the millennia for modern man's use as part of the "precious things" of the earth and the "treasures hid in the sand".

So he created fake fossils?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
The flood must have been a series of miracles because it would take a miracle to create the extra water then another miracle to get rid of that water, then all the dead bodies of the millions of animals would need to be removed and disposed of somewhere, [that needed to be done otherwise there would have been a jumble of fossilised bone all in one layer and that would have given the game away] the only thing that could possibly have the power to do all of that is a super natural deity that exists beyond space and time, it all seems straight forward enough to me, if there was evidence of a flood we would not need a God.

It might look like there was no flood but that's obviously what God intended it to look like, duh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0