Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, what about all the other planets out there? Why do they exist? Why did god create them?
The planets could serve as "away stations" for angels, who watch over us.

Since there are good angels and bad angels, a bad angel wanting to do damage would have a few Jericos (outposts) to get past before getting here.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The planets could serve as "away stations" for angels, who watch over us.

Since there are good angels and bad angels, a bad angel wanting to do damage would have a few Jericos (outposts) to get past before getting here.

Somehow I have a similar thought. I think angels must visit those numerous planets at least occasionally. Do you know what does that mean? It means that there are something worth to be taken care of on those planets.

I should stop. This is supposed to be a science forum.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lifeless cold planets for lifeless cold angels, might makes sense to a creationist or a seven year old.
Matthew 21:16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Somehow I have a similar thought.
Great minds think alike, eh? ;)
I think angels must visit those numerous planets at least occasionally.
We know, of course, that Lucifer visited the earth.

Ezekiel 28:13a Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God;
Do you know what does that mean? It means that there are something worth to be taken care of on those planets.
They could be guarding something, I don't know.
I should stop. This is supposed to be a science forum.
Don't let raw, myopic science determine what is a valid topic and what isn't.

If a scientist can't talk about the Flood, or Jesus walking on water, or the Resurrection, it's not our fault, eh?

I notice it's easy for scientists to set up mental blocks that keep them from understanding even simple doctrine.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Psychiatry is a form of science so let it all out, don't be shy.
There has to be a qualified psychiatrist on-hand to properly evaluate a person.

For example, do you know how psychiatrists were trained to score people who saw Christian symbols in the Rorschach test?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Before you continue backslapping each other too much, AVET and Juve, do you actually have any good Biblical evidence for what you are claiming about angels visiting other planets?
[sarcasm]

No, Targ -- we don't.

The truth is, all the other planets are off-limits to the angels.

They can have the entire universe, but these seven other objects that circle the sun are, for some odd reason, completely off limits to them.

They have never been there.

At best, they can only observe them from a distance and wonder why all this real estate is taboo.

[/sarcasm]

:doh:

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
[sarcasm]

No, Targ -- we don't.

They can have the entire universe, but these seven other objects that circle the sun are, for some odd reason, completely off limits to them.

At best, they can only observe them from a distance and wonder why all this real estate is taboo.

[/sarcasm]

Why not? The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and the Tree of Life were both in the Garden of Eden (supposedly made just for Adam), yet they were both off limits to Adam.

Its really not hard to poke holes in your "basic doctrine," AVET. :wave:

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I notice it's easy for scientists to set up mental blocks that keep them from understanding even simple doctrine.

You keep using the term "basic" or "simple doctrine." I don't think it means what you think it means....

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mad_Zombie.JPG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Orogeny

Trilobite me!
Feb 25, 2010
✟9,590.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
[sarcasm]

No, Targ -- we don't.

[/sarcasm]

So, in other words, No, you don't have any biblical evidence.

You could just say that instead of skirting the issue.

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Evolution is not science: legalize creationism.
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So, what about all the other planets out there? Why do they exist? Why did god create them?

I'd love some kind of reasoning for the huge amounts of planets we have. And also some biblical insight into what might be on those planets, and what purpose they serve now, aswell as in the afterlife.

If anyone is interested, I am a christian. I have not yet updated my profile.
God created planets in order to fool the astrolaters into idolatry.

"For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things and we in him." -- 1 Corinthians 8:5-6

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I'd love some kind of reasoning for the huge amounts of planets we have. And also some biblical insight into what might be on those planets, and what purpose they serve now, aswell as in the afterlife.

If anyone is interested, I am a christian. I have not yet updated my profile.

The dead lifeless planets demonstrate the specialness of the earth, like Goldilocks porridge it's not too hot, not too cold, but just right! :) Read yer bible and see how God 'selects' things and people for His purpose. Genesis 1:1 shows that of all the created universe God selected the earth for a special purpose. Even science has determined that the earth is incredibly unique in all the universe (their athiesm notwithstanding ). God then created all sorts of critters, and selected man out of them for His purpose. Of all the critters he made only a select few are useful to man. He then produced all sorts of people, but selected but a few out of them for His purpose. It seems that God wants all to see the contrast or difference between the things He creates generally, and the things He selects, or 'sanctifies' (sets apart for a holy or special purpose), specifically. So rather than question the purpose of the other dead, 'unselected' planets, think about how wondrous it is to be a part of the specialness of earth and everything about it.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The dead lifeless planets demonstrate the specialness of the earth, like Goldilocks porridge it's not too hot, not too cold, but just right! :) Read yer bible and see how God 'selects' things and people for His purpose. Genesis 1:1 shows that of all the created universe God selected the earth for a special purpose. Even science has determined that the earth is incredibly unique in all the universe (their athiesm notwithstanding ). God then created all sorts of critters, and selected man out of them for His purpose. Of all the critters he made only a select few are useful to man. He then produced all sorts of people, but selected but a few out of them for His purpose. It seems that God wants all to see the contrast or difference between the things He creates generally, and the things He selects, or 'sanctifies' (sets apart for a holy or special purpose), specifically. So rather than question the purpose of the other dead, 'unselected' planets, think about how wondrous it is to be a part of the specialness of earth and everything about it.
Science has determined that Earth is unique in all the universe?? What do you mean by this? Certainly, each planet is "unique." However, we do not know yet if there is life on other worlds or if there is intelligent life on other worlds. If there is, would that mean Earth was no longer "unique?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How much of this 'god given planet' can we actually live on? if god made it just for us he messed up big time,
but it just goes to show that some people will believe just about anything.

That's a whole different subject.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Science has determined that Earth is unique in all the universe?? What do you mean by this?

I saw the tv show 'PLanet Earth', and they said the earth was unique in all the universe. :)

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I saw the tv show 'PLanet Earth', and they said the earth was unique in all the universe. :)

Nothing amazing about that. Like Split Rock, every planet is unique in all the universe. Besides, it was for emotional effect, anyway.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think they did, how would they know anyway? they have not see all the planets of the universe because there are BILLIONS of them, all put there by god to impress us tiny specks here, if that's not self glorification I don't know what is,
please get real.
Earth was not only the first planet in existence, it was the first object in the universe that had mass.

The earth came first, then the universe was created around it.

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Evolution is not science: legalize creationism.
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Nothing like a deceptive God.
Nothing like a straw man fallacy either.

Glad that one's not mine.
Is your God the God of the Bible?

"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." -- Proverbs 25:2

Upvote 0