Aug 20, 2008
The Great South Land of the Holy Spirit
Visit site
✟16,359.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
haven't you ever just wondered where God came from?

Absolutely, and still do, despite my explanation. This is not a concept that humans can understand., How can we figure out God with our mortal minds, he created the universe just by speaking. Our understanding compared to Gods, would be like comparing 1 grain of sand to the entire elements in the universe.

Where God came from and who made him are limitations of this universe, namely the property of Time. General Relativity (Einstein) tells us that Space Time and Matter are linked, none can exist without the other.

As God created the universe, he must have also created time, and the creator cannot be limited by his creation.

When we understand that God is eternal, that does not mean he exists forever (as that is a concept of time) he is timeless, as he exists outside of time.

Therefore nobody made him, he didnt come from anywhere, he just is, ask him, and he says I Am.

Now also consider Genesis 1.1: In the beginning (time) God create the heavens(space) and earth (matter).

Coincidence?, I dont think so.

Reactions: nephilimiyr
Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I know that He has always existed but I find it amazing,that no one made Him. Give me your thoughts on it. How can He had always, just been there and how long was He here before He made Adam?

These are questions that I believe we won't have answers to, if ever, until we get to heaven. It's by faith that we accept that God has just been.

I myself have fun thinking about the first thing He created.

Upvote 0

AngelusSax

Believe
Apr 16, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟15,490.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is in eternity, which is timeless (as opposed to time without end). That is too simplistic, but all explanations are. This is a question that can only be answered by dying and going to be with God in eternity. Even then, we may not get it, since we still won't be God.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I used to ponder upon this alot when I was a kid....does boogle the mind. I finally just had to except it as one of the great mysteries of life. Actually, excepting it as a mystery turned a perplexing question, into a serene comfort.

:amen:

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God simply Is. He has always been.

God is outside space/time. Outside our material plane, there is probably God. Since there is no actual barrier (there truly is no border to our multiuniverse), there is no way to penetrate our plane and meet God.

Yet while the Substance of God is beyond, His Energies are nearer to us than a wall is if we were to press tightly against it. His Energies permeate that barrier and are awash in our material plane. As such, we cannot know Him yet He is immanently close. We can know Him by His Energies, but never His Substance.

Known and yet unknown. This is one of the mysteries of God.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know that He has always existed but I find it amazing,that no one made Him. Give me your thoughts on it. How can He had always, just been there and how long was He here before He made Adam?
Yeah, of course I have wondered, but He is the I AM That I AM. You and I think and exist in time but God lives outside of time. None of us can cope with this question until we know what it's like to live outside of time.

Time is a creation of the I AM. He thought of time and then created it.

Why He is the only I am I don't know. To me this is the main question. But from my way of thinking, if there was more than one I AM that would mean I would have to ask who created all the I AM's. Oddly enough I find it easier to believe in one I AM never having a begining than more than one never having a beginning. More than one suggests to me a creation while one suggests a single source, and I have gone by that reasoning pretty much most of my life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
F

freeport

God always exists: the confusion people get is that there is that which is not God, though God made creation.

So, in creation we see everything seems to have beginnings and endings, but this is not the way it is for God. God is beyond all such things.

Upvote 0
S

SpiritualAntiseptic

Heaven is an existence which is beyond human comprehension. Beings there have infinite knowledge, they never change and there is no time.

Human beings, although we have a foot in that world as immortal beings (due to the presence of a soul), we live in this one among the animals. Animals are dumb and humans are just a little less dumb.

Once you begin to understand how a place could be timeless and unchanged, then you scratch the surface of how God was never created.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, in creation we see everything seems to have beginnings and endings, but this is not the way it is for God. God is beyond all such things.
Yes, just like what some of us have been saying, God lives outside of time. He created it time. He is the I AM.

There is a demension that none of us know about. We can't see it, feel it, smell it, or taste it, or hear it. That demension is where God is and came from, and I have to believe is more real than anything that our 5 senses can detect.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Heaven is an existence which is beyond human comprehension. Beings there have infinite knowledge, they never change and there is no time.
But heaven is a place. Before there was a place there had to be someone or something to design and create that place. Before there was heaven there was the I AM.

Once you begin to understand how a place could be timeless and unchanged, then you scratch the surface of how God was never created.
But the answer to this question hinges on us humans, who are living in time, trying to understand something we have not and never will experience. You suggest there is a beginning for us to understand. I say by faith we believe.

Upvote 0
F

freeport

Yes, just like what some of us have been saying, God lives outside of time. He created it time. He is the I AM.

There is a demension that none of us know about. We can't see it, feel it, smell it, or taste it, or hear it. That demension is where God is and came from, and I have to believe is more real than anything that our 5 senses can detect.

Yes, that knowledge comes from the Spirit of Jesus in our hearts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

I'm tempted to get out my Theoretical Physics books - and quote here and there about "time" - but.....

Let's just say time (including "before") just doesn't apply to God since God is not a part of physics. Obviously, God can "intersect" with time/space but God is not a "part" of such. It actually makes a lot of sense and is how it MUST be with the divine.

With THAT, I'm outta here.
;)

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Who needs to wonder when one guy on CF gave an answer to a similar question:
Quite simply, God has no beginning and no end. So, where did God come from? He didn't. He always was.
Physics has shown that time is a property that is the result of the existence of matter. Time exists when matter exists. Time has even been called the fourth dimension. But God is not matter. In fact, God created matter. He created the universe. So, time began when God created the universe. Before that, God was simply existing and time had no meaning (except conceptually), no relation to Him. Therefore, to ask where God came from is to ask a question that cannot really be applied to God in the first place. Because time has no meaning with God in relation to who He is, eternity is also not something that can be absolutely related to God. God is even beyond eternity.
Eternity is a term that we finite creatures use to express the concept of something that has no end -- and/or no beginning. Since God has no beginning or end, He has no beginning. This is because He is outside of time.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The only answer I can give is one I was given in my early days at Bible College. I was at work when this happened. It was a mundane uneventful type of job requiring enduring long hours of nothing happening. My mind began to wander and ponder a question (so I thought).

This question entered my mind: "Is there a God so great? That to the one I call God? He is as God is to me, to my God, and able to hide himself from him?" I pictured something in my mind and pondered.

The questioning continued.. "Add to that? Is there another God who is so great that to that God, that he is God to that God, and able to hide himself from even him as well?" My mind boggled a bit, but I was able to picture something greater than before. It was getting a bit scary at that point.

Then yet another question came... I was asked this time to picture even a God greater than the ones who were God over those Gods. It was at this point quite scary and somewhat mentally exhausting... But I sat there and come up with an distant image in my mind. I sat there wondering how I could even be thinking these thoughts.

Then.. This time I knew it was the Spirit's voice. It was as if you have a thought that was not your thought, that had entered into your thought process, as if you were having your own thought. I heard in a commanding type voice in my mind.
"All you have done is to picture God!"

Stunned. Motionless for a few seconds as the shock of reality set in.

I was shown that I had been limiting who and what God is in my own thinking. He has no limits. I was shown that I thought of God was in terms of my own existence. We must except God for who he says he is by faith.

Grace and peace, GeneZ

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.