Where are all the YEC's who fight the good fight against evolution????

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
I have been on these boards for a few days now expecting to see interesting debate between YEC's and rational thinkers. I have seen the rational thinkers BUT

where are these brave Creation Scientists (oxymoron) taking the brave fight to academic scientists like me. Slaying my humanistic silly ideas with their common sense approach of Biblical Literalism.

I am disappointed.

All I have seen are a few souls who don't seem to understand any science but trot out quotes from bufoons like Hovind et al. Or some passing by the board 12 year old who can hardly string a sentence together.

Come on YEC's. Defend your indefensible position. We hardly knew ye.

PS

I am still waiting for a refutation of the two posts I made on falsifying a young Universe. Whats up YEC's. Incapable of anything but quoting Hovind et al. Incapable of free thinking and free will.

Raydar

Child of Christ
Sep 15, 2003
WI
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Chi_Cygni said:
I have been on these boards for a few days now expecting to see interesting debate between YEC's and rational thinkers. I have seen the rational thinkers BUT

where are these brave Creation Scientists (oxymoron) taking the brave fight to academic scientists like me. Slaying my humanistic silly ideas with their common sense approach of Biblical Literalism.

I am disappointed.

All I have seen are a few souls who don't seem to understand any science but trot out quotes from bufoons like Hovind et al. Or some passing by the board 12 year old who can hardly string a sentence together.

Come on YEC's. Defend your indefensible position. We hardly knew ye.

PS

I am still waiting for a refutation of the two posts I made on falsifying a young Universe. Whats up YEC's. Incapable of anything but quoting Hovind et al. Incapable of free thinking and free will.
Name calling does not help to bring the YEC scienctist to your debates and discredits Christian denomination. Try compassion rather then harsh statements towards YEC's. You will get more flys with honey than with vinegar

Upvote 0

roadie432002

Jesus is Lord
Sep 22, 2003
kentucky
Visit site
✟285.00
Faith
Protestant
some thoughts about the theory of evolution. the bible says God created everything.how do i know the bible is true.the bible says the life is in the blood.science did not understand that until fairly recently. the bible talks about germs,and washing in running water and covering food to keep germs off,and to avoid contact with dead bodies.germs were not known about until after the civil war. the bible talks about how rain is formed.the bible talks about the circle of the earth(round).but the most important proof is how the word of God changed my life from the inside out.science says we evolved from a simple cell.have you seen the cell mapped?it is complex and shows design,not chance.if we are just all accidents and animals why do all cultures have a built in desire to worship something?apes dont worship.where are the missing links?seen any talking apes?or humans with wings?if we all evolved from so called simple cells why are there still simple cells here?if you believe the theory of evolution you will believe that with the passage of time all is possible.if i throw a handfull of junk in a field,a million years from now that junk has evolved into a watch!i dont think so.and a watch is a lot less complex than the so called simple cell!!give credit where credit is due.all creation is far to complex and interwoven to have been an accident.look at outer space.we dont even know how large it is.does space end?if it does whats on the other side.if a big bang caused it all where did the material that caused the big bang come from?what made it blow up?i have never known of an accidential uncontrolled explosion creating anything but destruction. just a few thoughts.

Upvote 0

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
Nope I think he is serious.

And in reply to the honey/vinegar question.

I disagree, honey doesn't seem to work.

Plus I'll admit, I was trying to goad a response. I am sick to death of the endless spouting of 'I don't believe in this or that' but the person provides no indication that they even have the first clue about the subject they are talking about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
roadie432002 said:
some thoughts about the theory of evolution. the bible says God created everything.how do i know the bible is true.the bible says the life is in the blood.science did not understand that until fairly recently. the bible talks about germs,and washing in running water and covering food to keep germs off,and to avoid contact with dead bodies.germs were not known about until after the civil war. the bible talks about how rain is formed.the bible talks about the circle of the earth(round).but the most important proof is how the word of God changed my life from the inside out.science says we evolved from a simple cell.have you seen the cell mapped?it is complex and shows design,not chance.if we are just all accidents and animals why do all cultures have a built in desire to worship something?apes dont worship.where are the missing links?seen any talking apes?or humans with wings?if we all evolved from so called simple cells why are there still simple cells here?if you believe the theory of evolution you will believe that with the passage of time all is possible.if i throw a handfull of junk in a field,a million years from now that junk has evolved into a watch!i dont think so.and a watch is a lot less complex than the so called simple cell!!give credit where credit is due.all creation is far to complex and interwoven to have been an accident.look at outer space.we dont even know how large it is.does space end?if it does whats on the other side.if a big bang caused it all where did the material that caused the big bang come from?what made it blow up?i have never known of an accidential uncontrolled explosion creating anything but destruction. just a few thoughts.

All ancient peoples knew how to prevent disease as best they could. They just didn't know the cause of the disease and spoiling of food. Neither did the writers of the Bible.

And I'm sorry but the Bible is more geocentric than heliocentric and more flat Earth than spherical. Again, the writers of the Bible were scientifically challenged to say the least.

The junk to watch argument borders on stupidity.

Just because something is too complex for you to understand doesn't mean it didn't happen that way. The Big Bang is not an explosion in the sense you mean.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Unfortunatly there are few around here, and you probably wont get an attempted refutation to what you wrote, as there have been many things here that have never been refuted.

also remember that DrDino links here, so often the YECs we get are Dino people and the best they can do is what roadie just said.

Everyonce in awhile though a YEC will come by who will actually attempt a more Coherent argument, but it seems to be rare, either we have scared them away, or there just aren't that many out there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.