Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bible says the earth is about 6000 years old.
Evolution religion says earth is billions of years old and man came about 5 million years ago.

We know in the last 300 years, human population has grown exponential. If man came about millions of years ago, the population count would be an astronomical figure.

If archeologi$t$ keep finding dino$aur bones, how come there don't find billions and billions and billions of human bones?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Men have drawn that conclusion in order to form a cult.
But scripture makes no claim to the age of the earth and
alludes many times to an ancient earth.

All relevant and important aspects of scripture are covered by
multiple authors, multiple times, from multiple points of view.

The numerology used to conjure up an age for the earth is
faulty, vague, and a torchured use of scripture found in one
book by one author, a common practice for religious cults.

- The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary.
- ‪The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.
- The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment
- Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We know in the last 300 years, human population has grown exponential.

Because 300 years or more, ago, growth was not exponential.
You are a "What you see now, is what happened in the past!"
kind of guy?

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've heard that about the six thousand years. Where does it say that? What chapter?

A MAN named Ussher said it is 6000 years old...there is nothing in the Bible absolutely states how long ago Creation started.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I've heard that about the six thousand years. Where does it say that? What chapter?

It does not. Some Brit added up the genealogies assuming they were complete and meant the same way as a British genealogy. Bad assumption.

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Evolution religion says earth is billions of years old and man came about 5 million years ago.

We know in the last 300 years, human population has grown exponential. If man came about millions of years ago, the population count would be an astronomical figure.
E. coli, in the lab, can divide every 20 minutes. If E. coli have existed for years, how come they have not become a super stellar mass that colapses into a black hole?

Same reason.
If archeologi$t$ keep finding dino$aur bones, how come there don't find billions and billions and billions of human bones?
1. Billions of years vs millions of years
2. ~1000 dinosaur genera vs 1 species

Right there we should expect a million dinosaur bones per human fossil

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A MAN named Ussher said it is 6000 years old...there is nothing in the Bible absolutely states how long ago Creation started.

I'd guess he assumed wrongly "In the beginning" was then and there, however the Bible does not say "Starting right now God created the Heavens and the earth" only that he did it in the beginning, and it was never stated when the beginning was.

My assumption is since the Bible mentions so little of the dinosaurs which were definitely there at one time, there were very few if any alive throughout biblical history, so even if the genealogy stands up as the beginning of man, it only stands to reason, 6000 years ago was not the actual beginning, and there was some type of earth age prior to that, one that God chose not to get into. An earth age that was apparently destroyed in order to move into this one, just as this one will be destroyed by fire before it's inhabited again as what we know as Heaven.

Is that all a fact? I don't know, but it's based on things I see as fact, so sounds good to me. I should add I'm one to take the Bible for exactly what it says, but it's clear to me, it doesn't say exactly on this subject.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
We know in the last 300 years, human population has grown exponential.

And before that, it didn't.

Since humans are a relatively recent species, it might be better to look for the fossil remains of other creatures who have been on earth longer. It's not hard to find them in such quantities that it is impossible to reconcile with a 6000 year old earth.

white_cliffs_of_dover_cover_1.jpg

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd guess he assumed wrongly "In the beginning" was then and there, however the Bible does not say "Starting right now God created the Heavens and the earth" only that he did it in the beginning, and it was never stated when the beginning was.

My assumption is since the Bible mentions so little of the dinosaurs which were definitely there at one time, there were very few if any alive throughout biblical history, so it only stands to reason, 6000 years ago was not the actual beginning, and there was some type of earth age prior to that, one that God chose not to get into. An earth age that was apparently destroyed in order to move into this one, just as this one will be destroyed by fire before it's inhabited again as what we know as Heaven.

Is that all a fact? I don't know, but it's based on things I see as fact, so sounds good to me. I should add I'm one to take the Bible for exactly what it says, but it's clear to me, it doesn't say exactly on this subject.
So you're saying the earth existed prior to Genesis 1:1?

If so, where were the sun, moon, stars, atmosphere, angiosperms, etc.?

Or are you saying Genesis 1:1 is a reboot?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And before that, it didn't.

Since humans are a relatively recent species, it might be better to look for the fossil remains of other creatures who have been on earth longer. It's not hard to find them in such quantities that it is impossible to reconcile with a 6000 year old earth.

white_cliffs_of_dover_cover_1.jpg
Nice pic of God's clean-up after the Flood.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you daisy chain the genealogies, you should come up with 4000 years of Earth's history, ending in about AD 96.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to the Bible, the earth was created days before the sun.

In fact, it is the first object with mass that came into existence.

Over a period of six days, the amount of mass/energy in the universe was raised from zero to its current level.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
According to the Bible, the earth was created days before the sun.

In fact, it is the first object with mass that came into existence.

Over a period of six days, the amount of mass/energy in the universe was raised from zero to its current level.

Nothing to disagree with there. What point are you making?

I'd be satisfied with the 6000 year age as being consecutive beginning until now, if someone could explain when the dinosaurs existed, as the Bible doesn't have near enough, if any comments on them to come even close to convincing me they existed right along with man.

All indications, if taken literally are, the beginnings WAS then and there, and the first of 6 days of 6 day creation, but there is that one BIG problem with the dinosaurs. So for those who as sure as I used to be it really is all around 6000 years old, help me out with the dinosaur part?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
For me, i see it written as 6 days. Well, thats 6 nice plain days for God. But, for us, it could be millions of years! God is outside of time remember. I am sure that if it had to be written as it happened, step by step, we would need 1,000s of books to timeline it all!

God has put it all into a nice easy week. A week for God.........Millions of years for us! Simples

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've heard all the arguments of what a day could really entail, the most popular being "a day is as a thousand years to God". But for one thing, that appears to have nothing to do with the beginning, at least I've never seen them connected to my satisfaction.

Also, even the very verses describing the beginning tell us "the evening and the morning were the first day" making it as clear to me as anything possibly could, we are talking a 24hr day, or even a 12 hour or so day, since "the light he called day". But beyond that there appears top be little confusion of what a day consists of..

As to the 6000 years being exact, I doubt it, but I'm satisfied it's close, baring the unanswered question about the Dino's.

Upvote 0