MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
:wave:I just had this random thought....

I can't receive the Eucharist yet but it's something I want to think about more, as the time approaches.

:D

I had this thought;

when we receive Communion.. Christ is actually physically there in us for that time!! wow! I think I just saw that as if for the first time, and what it means...

..that's so cool!! :) I think it's something that is easy to take for granted? I know for myself there are times when I take Adoration for granted until God reminds me how awesome it is that He's really there.

we actually become united with Him in a real way in Communion..

what is good to do after you receive the Eucharist? I've always imagined that it would be wonderful to just love Jesus and know that He is receiving that love, and thank Him for everything. Simply, as a child would. And just be there with Him.

sorry my post isn't really well written, I'm very tired right now, but just wanted to share.

God bless:hug:

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes I feel nothing. Sometimes I'm overwhelmingly thankful for the privilage.

There are many ups & downs to the faith.

But one thing I never waiver from is that taking communion within the requirements of the Church is never in vain.

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes I feel nothing. Sometimes I'm overwhelmingly thankful for the privilage.

There are many ups & downs to the faith.

But one thing I never waiver from is that taking communion within the requirements of the Church is never in vain.

:thumbsup:that is true! :) I didn't mean feelings, those come and go, I actually meant that regardless of our feelings it really is Christ present there and He united Himself to us :) we can still love Him even when we aren't feeling anything cause love is more than that. As long as we have the intention..

I follow St. Montfort's advice in both preparation and after receiving.

does he talk about Mary? (St Louis de Montfort after all ;)) - I remember St Therese said that before she receives the Eucharist she asks Mary to prepare her, I thought the way she described it was beautiful and also true.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.