When science can explain an apple seed...

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Earth was supposed to be physical heaven, and will be when Christ comes back. Genesis 1:1 states specifically earth is older than age. As I said before, there are several mechanisms that will explain the rest of creation in its respective order.
You don't get any of that from Genesis 1, or from anything else between that and Revelation 22:21
The heavens and earth are of a peace, and no, earth was never supposed to be physical heaven.

Now in the Book of Enoch[which book Jesus calls Scripture in one place and which is included in the "canon" of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, and has been there with the Jews/Israeli's there, even before they received the Gospel in the first century], we do read that God the Word who is the very "Oath" of God, did suspend the heaven before the world was formed: so we have a scientific statement of fact that the heaven was suspended before the world was "formed" just as Genesis states. "It was formless and void/empty of the furbishing God the creator did do in the 6 days of creation, and in my prior post, I showed why you cannot get from Genesis 1 anything that you claim.
Why do you even pretend to use the Bible for something that is not at all in it?

The Book of Enoch, Translated by Robert H. Charles, 1912
Enoch 69: 16And these are the secrets of this oath...
And they are strong through his oath:
And the heaven was suspended before the world was
created/formed,
And for ever.

17And through it the earth was founded upon the water,
And from the secret recesses of the mountains come beautiful waters,
From the creation of the world and unto eternity.

18And through that oath the sea was created,

And as its foundation He set for it the sand against the time of its anger,
And it dare not pass beyond it from the creation of the world unto eternity.

19And through that oath are the depths made fast,
And abide and stir not from their place from eternity to eternity.

20And through that oath the sun and moon complete their course,
And deviate not from their ordinance from eternity to eternity.

Peter, like all the Apostles and the brothers of Jesus, also read Enoch, and Peter made this statement which in the Greek is an actual commentary on the creation of the world exactly as Enoch wrote in the above passage:

2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

They were willfully ignorant of the fact that by the Word/Oath of God:
"The heavens were of old and the earth -together with/synistēmi emitted from/ek- the water and through/dia the water:..."

Just like Genesis 1 states.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You don't get any of that from Genesis 1, or from anything else between that and Revelation 22:21
The heavens and earth are of a peace, and no, earth was never supposed to be physical heaven.

Now in the Book of Enoch[which book Jesus calls Scripture in one place and which is included in the "canon" of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, and has been there with the Jews/Israeli's there, even before they received the Gospel in the first century], we do read that God the Word who is the very "Oath" of God, did suspend the heaven before the world was formed: so we have a scientific statement of fact that the heaven was suspended before the world was "formed" just as Genesis states. "It was formless and void/empty of the furbishing God the creator did do in the 6 days of creation, and in my prior post, I showed why you cannot get from Genesis 1 anything that you claim.
Why do you even pretend to use the Bible for something that is not at all in it?

The Book of Enoch, Translated by Robert H. Charles, 1912
Enoch 69: 16And these are the secrets of this oath...
And they are strong through his oath:
And the heaven was suspended before the world was
created/formed,
And for ever.

17And through it the earth was founded upon the water,
And from the secret recesses of the mountains come beautiful waters,
From the creation of the world and unto eternity.

18And through that oath the sea was created,

And as its foundation He set for it the sand against the time of its anger,
And it dare not pass beyond it from the creation of the world unto eternity.

19And through that oath are the depths made fast,
And abide and stir not from their place from eternity to eternity.

20And through that oath the sun and moon complete their course,
And deviate not from their ordinance from eternity to eternity.

Peter, like all the Apostles and the brothers of Jesus, also read Enoch, and Peter made this statement which in the Greek is an actual commentary on the creation of the world exactly as Enoch wrote in the above passage:

2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

They were willfully ignorant of the fact that by the Word/Oath of God:
"The heavens were of old and the earth -together with/synistēmi emitted from/ek- the water and through/dia the water:..."

Just like Genesis 1 states.

I am not arguing which came first: heaven or earth. Even genesis 1:1 states heaven first. I am saying both of them are older than time itself. You DO get that from the bible, because before God defines a day (evening and morning, mind you before a sun... look up the Hebrew,) the heaven and earth are created. Now, earth was formed in six days - I am not arguing that either. But, earth was already there to be formed upon - it wasn't MADE FROM SCRATCH in six days. You CAN get that from the bible. Genesis 1:1 should be clear: heaven and earth were made before the definition of time was made by God.

As far as earth being physical heaven, why was there an Eden here? Why is Christ bringing the actual kingdom here - city, court and all? You are a fan of Enoch (as am I,) you know Noah had angelic help to build the ark. Imagine the "trees" Adam and Eve could have "eaten" from in their perfection. Not to mention, the Word of God walked with them. Earth is supposed to be heaven physically, that is why occultists and hermetics (and most Christ images) parade "as above, so below." There is an inherent understanding that earth is physical heaven.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever cut open an apple seed? Inside it has an off white color. It's moist, but yet when placed in the soil that seed knows to grow an apple tree. How does it know?

When science can explain this, then, and only then, will I listen to their nonsense on evolution.

You see if they can't tell me how an apple seed works then they have a lot of audacity to tell me how I came into being....

If they could explain the entire process, likely they can, it would be no surprise.
By definition, that's what science does, observe and explain what is sitting before you and make predictions about what will happen next. Science is very, very good at such things. Scientists will also write fictional stories about what may have happened in the past. Some of them are very good at writing science fiction regarding the past. It is by definition, all Science-Fiction.

Sadly the fiction about past events is not kept separate from the reality of the scientific method. Most of teaching about evolution is correct and testable. Stories about the past are fiction.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not arguing which came first: heaven or earth. Even genesis 1:1 states heaven first. I am saying both of them are older than time itself. You DO get that from the bible, because before God defines a day (evening and morning, mind you before a sun... look up the Hebrew,) the heaven and earth are created. Now, earth was formed in six days - I am not arguing that either. But, earth was already there to be formed upon - it wasn't MADE FROM SCRATCH in six days. You CAN get that from the bible. Genesis 1:1 should be clear: heaven and earth were made before the definition of time was made by God.

As far as earth being physical heaven, why was there an Eden here? Why is Christ bringing the actual kingdom here - city, court and all? You are a fan of Enoch (as am I,) you know Noah had angelic help to build the ark. Imagine the "trees" Adam and Eve could have "eaten" from in their perfection. Not to mention, the Word of God walked with them. Earth is supposed to be heaven physically, that is why occultists and hermetics (and most Christ images) parade "as above, so below." There is an inherent understanding that earth is physical heaven.
The light is not the sun, and the light created on day 1 is called "day" and the sun is made and set in the heavens to govern the "light by day" on day 4.
The light did not have a governor, a director, a controller, until the sun was made and set in the heavens.

The earth was not made before the heavens, and the heavens were not filled nor was the earth filled until after day 1. The heavens did not exist stretched out until day 2.

There is nothing in the Word of God that says earth is physical heaven! And Adam was not set in a Paradise on this earth, but in the third heaven stretched out from this earth. Paradise is in the third heaven, and not on this earth.

2 Cor 12:

2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows—such a one was caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I know such a man—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— 4 how he was caught up into Paradise

And In Enoch the ark the angels made is that Ark of the Covenant in heaven's temple. The angels did not help Noah build the Ark on earth. That Ark built by the angels in heaven was the one Moses saw and made the copy of, for the temple below.

Revelation 11:19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.
Exodus 25:9 According to all that I show you, that is, the pattern of the tabernacle and the pattern of all its furnishings, just so you shall make it.
Hebrews 8:5 who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, “See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”

Eden is not on earth below and was never. Adam was set there as a "prince of YHWH", among the angels, there, as Psalm 82, in the Hebrew original wording does state: the congregation of the Elohym [sons of God] are warned in PSalm 82 that if they do not judge righteously as they were set as pillars of the earth to do, that they would "die like Adam, the one prince"
Elohym stands in the congregation of the 'el

5 They do not know, nor do they understand;
They walk about in darkness;
All the foundations of the earth are unstable.

6 I said, “You are gods,
And all of you are ben 'elyown .
7 But you shall die like Adam,
And be naphal /cast down/ [as the] echad/one prince.”

That is where Adam got cast down to the earth from; from Paradise in the third heaven, when he died in spirit and lost son-ship and the glory.

Half of the waters of heaven and earth's creation in the beginning were raised above the stretched out heavens, and those waters are still there, and Eden is above the stars and the sun and the moon, and the river of that came out of Eden in the third heaven and watered Paradise and became four headwaters on earth below were atmospheric rivers.

The waters are still there, and atmospheric rivers still come out of Eden and water the earth below:
ESRL : PSD : Atmospheric River Information Page

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Magic, right?
Are you referring to creationism, by any chance?

Shear chance...?
No, chemistry.

Evolution attempts to do away with simple logic in a creator and attempts to replace it with men's so called intelligence.
No, it really doesn't. Biologists attempt to explain natural processes. That's it. If we do something illogical, point it out. But please don't just make up stuff about me and pretend you know my motives. It's rude and it's wrong.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Both: the specificity, and generality of chemical genetic coding of an apple seed. Why is it so complex? Why would "nature" find a reason to increase complexity (especially given the 2nd law of thermodynamics) just so that one little seed can produce more apple trees?
Basically, I have no idea what you're asking here. The genetic code itself is simple, so I don't know what you mean there. The 2nd Law says nothing at all about increasing complexity in an open system, so I don't know why you're raising it. As for why "nature" would find a reason to do anything, I have no idea, since the natural forces I deal with don't have reasons for doing things. Certainly no theory of evolution in the last 150 years has proposed that DNA increased in complexity in order to produce apple seeds. What theory are you arguing against here?

DNA is incredibly precise. Have you seen the process that creates DNA? Precision is the name of the game; one chemical off, and you don't have the proper mechanisms to create DNA - the code of life.
I repeat: DNA is pretty sloppy. It breaks all the time; copying it always produces errors. Transcribing it is pretty random, with unused DNA sometimes transcribed and faulty transcripts often produced. But I'm not sure what the point is here.

Uh huh. Like you said, it is unknown [to scientists.] So, we revert to evolution, then? [/sarcasm] Faith-based science is amusing to me, especially since many "scientists" do not recognize their own faith in most of their theories. It is the same faith they have that the roof over their heads wont collapse on them, or that they won't fall into a sink hole. Forcing hypothesis into axioms.
Well, we've established that you're easily amused. I'm more interested in seeing an argument, though.

Didn't you answer your own "recall" with the previous response you posted?
Huh?

Again, show difinitive, non-decaying proof of these mutations e.g. show that 1) the mutations existed in history up to now and, 2) the mutations are not subject to time-perturbation - that they are not subject to random influence of radioactive decay.
What is non-decaying proof? I think differences between species are the result of accumulated mutations because the differences look exactly like mutations that have accumulated, in a variety of ways. No one has offered any alternative reason why they should look like mutations, so my conclusion is that they are the result of mutations. If you have a superior model that explains the same data, just offer it.

I have no idea what your second question means. Mutations are one-time events. Some (a small percentage) are the result of radioactive decay. How would they later be subject to radioactive decay?

You are arguing the science behind this and you haven't even taken P. Chem, or statistical thermodynamics? The "monkeys writing a Shakespearean novel" problem is a trite problem in those disciplines. The point is that given a long enough time period, anything is quantitatively possible. 4.5 billion years is a long time, no? Or, have we gotten used to U.S. currency inflation so much that 4.5 billion doesn't sound like a lot? Given that the universe is *supposedly* only three times the age of the earth, why can't you understand evolution works on *near* infinite time? In order for evolution to claim the things it claims, you need billions of years statistically. It isn't even a matter of philosophy; you need those years to statistically work.
(A) Yes, I've taken statistical thermodynamics. (B) I haven't said anything about my own understanding: I've been trying to get a clear statement from you about what you mean. If you just mean that the evolutionary history of life requires a long time, hundreds of millions of years at least, then I completely agree -- but don't see what the point is. To me, "near-infinite" means something much bigger than actually exists. If, on the other hand, you mean that evolution requires more time than the age of the universe, then you've got to show your calculation.

It is convenient that primordial soup produces eukaryotic life (not prokaryotic life,) along with consciousness, reproductive instincts, and other abstractions, but it FAILS at producing potent mules - even though a horse and donkey mate and produce a mule. It can produce all of that complexity (conscious, etc.,) but it can't make a mule fertile... why not?
Why on earth would you expect potent mules to have been produced. And why is it "convenient"? Try formulating an actual argument here. If evolution is true, we should expect to see fertile mules because <...>.

Right now, your argument looks like this: There's a rock in my backyard. Because I live in Massachusetts, scientists tell me the rock probably came from Canada and was dropped by a glacier. How convenient! A glacier could carry a rock all the way from Canada and deposit in my yard, but couldn't carry it across the street to my neighbor's? Why not?

To this kind of argument, the only response I can think of is, "huh?"

A creationist term. Nice dig.
It's not a dig; it's a statement of fact. The only people I see use "kind" as a biological term are creationists. I don't know what a kind is supposed to be.

Is a bird and a horse the same kind? Is an elephant and hyena the same kind? Don't play dumb; you know what a "kind" is.
No, I really, truly don't know what you mean by a kind. Are you incapable of telling me?

That is why, for example above, the horse and donkey can reproduce to produce. Though, their product is not fertile (why not, evolution?) Species are but classifications "scientists" bundle creatures into.
No, species are groups of organisms that can't or won't interbreed. That's a real thing. I know why (according to evolutionary biology) species exist. I know why their boundaries are fuzzy. What I don't know is what you're trying to say.

Anyway, why is my DNA not compatible with a "cow?" Why does nature respect that - in all of its random primordial soup forged nativity?
Who or what is this "nature" you keep introducing? Your DNA is not compatible with a cow's because the proteins produced by the DNA are not compatible, and the developmental signals sent by the two sets of DNA are not compatible. The developmental process can handle a certain amount of noise, but sending wildly conflicting instructions is guaranteed to screw things up.

$100,000,000? Wow, see that is the difference between independent (somewhat blacklisted) scientists, and mainstream scientists. I only asked for $30,000,000.
First you have to show that you're worth the money. What have you produced scientifically?

Kinds? The point in the quoted paragraph is that I would show you (with $30,000,000 - you can give me at any time) why I a human cannot procreate with a "cow" (I know I said bull, I was jumping the though thinking of minotaur.) It is to show that for some ridiculous reason, nature won't let me procreate with cows to produce half human-half cow creatures. WHY NOT? What is it in nature - in the code that dictates order of kinds? You still don't understand kinds? Are you being coy, or feigning ignorance?
Nope, still don't understand what you mean by kinds. Right now it sounds like you mean "species". If so, there's already been a fair bit of work done on why closely related species can't or won't reproduce together successfully. The short answer is, "it varies". It can be something as simple as different timing for flowering plants, differeing pheromones and receptors for insects, incompatible immune systems. Usually there are many reasons, caused by incompatibilities at many points in the genome.

Why would nature make a slightly messed up animal? Are you feigning ignorance, again?
Believe me, my ignorance at your point is not feigned. I cannot see anything resembling a logical argument here.

Why would nature create a sterile animal, especially a sterile animal that is environmentally beneficial (i.e. loading and carrying)?
"Nature" created a sterile animal as a by-product of creating two species, donkeys and horses, out of a common ancestor. Their hybrid offspring, which are probably quite rare in a natural setting, have no evolutionary importance, since they're sterile, but humans happen to find them useful.

Now, please tell me what point you're trying to make here. Is this supposed to be an argument against evolution? If so, how?

That's right the only you have seen. You are not omnipresent or omniscient. And, that is what you perceive. I am asking you straight up the qualms I have with evolution. I am a physicist; enlighten me. But, don't expect me to let you go with an easy throw-away answer. I asked you questions; I didn't scoff. I started an academic argument a long time ago; accept.
Sorry, but this is not an academic argument. If you offer a clear, coherent argument, I'll attempt to address it, but you haven't even said anything clear enough to disagree with. Try this kind of argumentation in a physics paper and you'll get a rejection out of hand, if the editor even bothers to reply. Have you ever written a physics paper?

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Basically, I have no idea what you're asking here. The genetic code itself is simple, so I don't know what you mean there. The 2nd Law says nothing at all about increasing complexity in an open system, so I don't know why you're raising it. As for why "nature" would find a reason to do anything, I have no idea, since the natural forces I deal with don't have reasons for doing things. Certainly no theory of evolution in the last 150 years has proposed that DNA increased in complexity in order to produce apple seeds. What theory are you arguing against here?

I repeat: DNA is pretty sloppy. It breaks all the time; copying it always produces errors. Transcribing it is pretty random, with unused DNA sometimes transcribed and faulty transcripts often produced. But I'm not sure what the point is here.

Well, we've established that you're easily amused. I'm more interested in seeing an argument, though.

Huh?

What is non-decaying proof? I think differences between species are the result of accumulated mutations because the differences look exactly like mutations that have accumulated, in a variety of ways. No one has offered any alternative reason why they should look like mutations, so my conclusion is that they are the result of mutations. If you have a superior model that explains the same data, just offer it.

I have no idea what your second question means. Mutations are one-time events. Some (a small percentage) are the result of radioactive decay. How would they later be subject to radioactive decay?

(A) Yes, I've taken statistical thermodynamics. (B) I haven't said anything about my own understanding: I've been trying to get a clear statement from you about what you mean. If you just mean that the evolutionary history of life requires a long time, hundreds of millions of years at least, then I completely agree -- but don't see what the point is. To me, "near-infinite" means something much bigger than actually exists. If, on the other hand, you mean that evolution requires more time than the age of the universe, then you've got to show your calculation.

Why on earth would you expect potent mules to have been produced. And why is it "convenient"? Try formulating an actual argument here. If evolution is true, we should expect to see fertile mules because <...>.

Right now, your argument looks like this: There's a rock in my backyard. Because I live in Massachusetts, scientists tell me the rock probably came from Canada and was dropped by a glacier. How convenient! A glacier could carry a rock all the way from Canada and deposit in my yard, but couldn't carry it across the street to my neighbor's? Why not?

To this kind of argument, the only response I can think of is, "huh?"

It's not a dig; it's a statement of fact. The only people I see use "kind" as a biological term are creationists. I don't know what a kind is supposed to be.

No, I really, truly don't know what you mean by a kind. Are you incapable of telling me?

No, species are groups of organisms that can't or won't interbreed. That's a real thing. I know why (according to evolutionary biology) species exist. I know why their boundaries are fuzzy. What I don't know is what you're trying to say.

Who or what is this "nature" you keep introducing? Your DNA is not compatible with a cow's because the proteins produced by the DNA are not compatible, and the developmental signals sent by the two sets of DNA are not compatible. The developmental process can handle a certain amount of noise, but sending wildly conflicting instructions is guaranteed to screw things up.

First you have to show that you're worth the money. What have you produced scientifically?

Nope, still don't understand what you mean by kinds. Right now it sounds like you mean "species". If so, there's already been a fair bit of work done on why closely related species can't or won't reproduce together successfully. The short answer is, "it varies". It can be something as simple as different timing for flowering plants, differeing pheromones and receptors for insects, incompatible immune systems. Usually there are many reasons, caused by incompatibilities at many points in the genome.

Believe me, my ignorance at your point is not feigned. I cannot see anything resembling a logical argument here.

"Nature" created a sterile animal as a by-product of creating two species, donkeys and horses, out of a common ancestor. Their hybrid offspring, which are probably quite rare in a natural setting, have no evolutionary importance, since they're sterile, but humans happen to find them useful.

Now, please tell me what point you're trying to make here. Is this supposed to be an argument against evolution? If so, how?

Sorry, but this is not an academic argument. If you offer a clear, coherent argument, I'll attempt to address it, but you haven't even said anything clear enough to disagree with. Try this kind of argumentation in a physics paper and you'll get a rejection out of hand, if the editor even bothers to reply. Have you ever written a physics paper?

Ah, my mistake. You are right; I am wrong.

Upvote 0