When Jesus needed to make a big decisions, He spent his night in prayer to God his Fa

Status
Not open for further replies.

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Scripture from today's Liturgy of the Word:
1 Corinthians 6:1-11
Psalm 149:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6a and 9b
Luke 6:12-19

A reflection on today's Sacred Scripture:

He spent the night in prayer to God. . . .

Before Jesus selected the twelve who were to accompany Him, He spent the night in prayer to God. We are not privileged to know what form that prayer took nor what passed in the course of that prayer. But let's look at Jesus as our example and assume that what we experience in prayer is what Jesus also experienced.

This means that God did not pick up a telephone and call Him, nor did He send roses, nor likely any other sign of what Jesus was to do. The prayer wasn't a plea for answers, but a way of aligning Himself with God's will, whatever that might be. When we choose as God chooses, when we put ourselves straight with God, we are setting our hearts and minds on the right path. If roses are sent or we receive a special message (which God can and does do) then we can regard it as a special consolation and confirmation. But most of the time, we aren't going to get a phone call or a special message. All we can do is resign ourselves to His will and listen intently.

Jesus chose correctly. He chose correctly because He chose as God would have Him choose. He made God's choices not through some special Earthly knowledge, but through being one with God in prayer. God will guide us to the right place. He will help us, but not in the ways we expect. When we need something, we should pray—at length, if necessary. But don't expect that the answer will suddenly pop into your head—it may not. Instead, the peace that surpasses all understanding will meet with you and hold you and keep you. You will know that you are God's child, and your will to do His will shall be strengthened. Then, whatever happens, we know that we have done all that lay in our strength to do—the rest is up to Him and He will provide.

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He often went of alone to pray. This seems to be one of the hardest things for me to do.
Ah, I see. I hope it gets easier for you. It happens to be one of my fav things to do. I do feel funny praying with others or in front of people most times, unless i am on a prayer team.

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well I pray alone for the most part but I find it difficult to settle down.
From the things you have posted and shared about your life, i take it you are a pretty high energy person. I am too, always on the go and can't appear to settle down. Best times for me in prayer is in the mornings and late evenings when I am quiet, which is rare for me during the day. ^_^ Except of course when I go to adoration.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the things you have posted and shared about your life, i take it you are a pretty high energy person. I am too, always on the go and can't appear to settle down. Best times for me in prayer is in the mornings and late evenings when I am quiet, which is rare for me during the day. ^_^ Except of course when I go to adoration.
Yes, exactly. I tend to multitask a lot. It includes prayer but I really need to try to simply pray.

I'll be driving down the road praying the Divine Mercy. Lots in internal prayer.

Right now I'm reading about Padre Pio & for some reason I'm focusing a bit more.

Sometimes I feel I'm fighting A.D.D.! :D

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, exactly. I tend to multitask a lot. It includes prayer but I really need to try to simply pray.

I'll be driving down the road praying the Divine Mercy. Lots in internal prayer.

Right now I'm reading about Padre Pio & for some reason I'm focusing a bit more.

Sometimes I feel I'm fighting A.D.D.! :D
You know, Padre Pio loves to take on spiritual daughters, ask him to intercede for you and he can surely help you out in this area. It was one of his most precious things to do. In fact I read somewhere that he said (even though he prayed almost all day long) there needed to be more hours in the day so he could pray more. But I will tell you, if he takes you on as his spiritual daughter directing you, watch out, things could really change for you. It did for me. He He.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.