USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I deliberatly go on sining after being saved, will I still make heaven? I got a friend telling me this
Once saved forever saved. 1
Those who live in sin were never saved. Those who hate sin and love holiness are saved.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
If I deliberatly go on sining after being saved, will I still make heaven? I got a friend telling me this

If we go on willfully sinning after receiving the truth's knowledge, there'll come judgment and fire. The sin must be willful, consisting in wavering, neglecting grace's means, no longer attending church services and/or neither applying nor receiving Christian admonition. Christ's denial's the sin. People that become guilty of this do so with intent, and they go on sinning. Having received the truth, having accepted Jesus, such people deny the Gospel. So it holds true that the sacrifice for sins no longer exists for them. Their sin has this result; for, having denied Christ, they've discarded salvation. So what they've to expect's doom. What they must anticipate's hell, which will eat them forever.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe it not possible to "go on sinning" after finding the truth and being set free....

Upvote 0
Jun 5, 2019
Denver
✟942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems to me that yes, you're going to heaven. Salvation has come. But if you direct your free will away from the narrow path towards it, then your life will be characterised by sin. And if you keep sinning, you'll be before God a damn lot longer correcting the many errors of your ways. Heaven is just further away for you. Until you suffer and realise the sin within your heart.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Christians generally hold one of two views regarding the eternal security of the believer. Some will claim that a person who deliberately sins was likely unsaved in the first place. Others will state that even a Christian has the free will to reject their faith and consequently lose their salvation.

Whatever of the two views we take regarding eternal security, I believe the outcome is still the same in that a true Christian must persevere in their faith, abide in Christ and renounce sin in order to be saved.

However I also believe that during our times of weakness, God perseveres with us. From time to time, we all we stumble into sin, but He is faithful to us and brings us back onto the right path.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And herein lies the problem with OSAS.
Biblically, there is no such thing.
If one continues to sin deliverately after salvation:

1. They really are not saved because the Holy Spirit causes a change in us.

2. They are saved but they have people telling them they don't have anything to worry about and so keep living a sinful life living in a false sense of security.

NO!
One cannot continue to sin and still be saved.

Jesus said if we love Him, we will follow His commandments.
John 14:15

• Agree
Reactions: Ttalkkugjil
Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If you are saved, you are always saved. Jesus says those who are saved have eternal life and will never be condemned, and have passed from death to life.

As for continuing in sin, everyone does *to an extent*. For example, till you're old and grey you'll still be checking out women to some degree. If you've been swearing your whole life, chances are you'll continue swearing to some degree.
The main thing is after being saved, God cleans a lot of major sins. For example, if someone was prostituting, Jesus saves them from that. If someone was a theif, God changes their heart. It's less about the minor sins from my experience and more about the major lifestyle changes.

As time goes on, God will sanctify you and even minor things will fade away gradually.

But if you are truly saved, no amount of sin will cause you to lose your salvation. Nothing will.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟887,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Ask your friend to explain John 15:1-10. Now John 15 is not about sin but it is about abiding in Christ and does show that a person who is in Christ can lose their salvation. Keep in mind Jesus says this to His 11 faithful apostles who are the only ones with Him as Judas has already left the group to go betray Jesus and Jesus and His 11 faithful apostles are walking to the olive groves in Gethsemane. So these men are undoubtedly believers who are in fact saved.

Reactions: Ttalkkugjil
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who live in sin were never saved. Those who hate sin and love holiness are saved.
Maybe they WERE save D, but their friend was telling them it's OK to sin because they're still saved.

OSAS is a very dangerous idea, as I've stated many times.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The idea that God can continue to give a gift and then change His mind.........or that we can control salvation is equally as dangerous.
1. What would cause God to change His mind?

2. Why can we NOT control salvation?
WHO exactly can control it according to you if not ME?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is a gift given.....you can only control whether or not you accept and when you accept. These doctrines can alter the beliefs of men only.....telling them when to accept and when not to..... Which makes them dangerous.

God doesnt Change. I Am the Lord....I change not...

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a gift given.....you can only control whether or not you accept and when you accept. These doctrines can alter the beliefs of men only.....telling them when to accept and when not to..... Which makes them dangerous.

God doesnt Change. I Am the Lord....I change not...
Who said God changes?
You didn't answer my questions.

Can't I give a gift back?
Why not?

Here were my original questions:

for no. 1. Let's say I accept this gift of salvation and then I decide to become a serial murderer. Am I still saved'

for no. 2 I decide to accept Jesus as my very own personal savior. 3 years down the line I decide this Christian life is too difficult for me and I'd like to return to a life of sin.
Am I still saved?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
EVERY true christian deliberately sins from time to time.

John 10 :…28I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. 29My Father who has given them to Me is greaterthan all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand.

If this verse is true then once saved always saved.

However....if you find yourself in a "sinning" lifestyle you may not really be saved.

OR...if you are saved you may lose rewards at the Judgement throne of Christ AKA, Bema seat.
1 Cor 3: 12If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, 13his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work. 14If what he has built survives, he will receive a reward. 15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved, but only as if through the flames.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe they WERE save D, but their friend was telling them it's OK to sin because they're still saved.

OSAS is a very dangerous idea, as I've stated many times.

Having the ability to lose salvation is a very dangerous idea.
Those that hold on to that theology "do good" to retain their salvation RATHER than "doing good" for the glory of God.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who said God changes?
You didn't answer my questions.

Can't I give a gift back?
Why not?

Here were my original questions:

for no. 1. Let's say I accept this gift of salvation and then I decide to become a serial murderer. Am I still saved'

for no. 2 I decide to accept Jesus as my very own personal savior. 3 years down the line I decide this Christian life is too difficult for me and I'd like to return to a life of sin.
Am I still saved?
The scenarios you mentioned are all not possible. It's like saying...."Let's say I found out I was born on a Tuesday.......3 years down the line, I decide I do not like Tuesdays and want to be born on a Monday instead." Once you find the truth.....you cannot un-find it.

I dont mind dialogue.. but I find little value in taking a quiz, for which you believe you hold the answer key.

Upvote 0