Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it this weekend?

Thanks for letting me know. I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to watch the news but I thought I may have heard something on the radio this afternoon?

Is anyone getting any rain. I think we are in for a doozy of a storm tonight. It rained all day yesterday.

Bring it on I say

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
I thought QLD had tried daylight savings this year? (Or was it they were thinking about doing it next year? :scratch:).

In terms of rain...we were expecting it here (Newcastle/Central Coast), but it wasn't so bad. I think the storm passed over us and hit Aimz in Sydney :)hug:).

Upvote 0

norbie

Veteran
Jan 23, 2007
✟9,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Our state government have forced it upon us here in WA.
Like Qld, the majority of West Aussies dont want it.
Democracy? Ha!
So why would anyone be against daylight saving?? can't understand it. I can use the extra time of daylight every day and it saves power.

Upvote 0

lmnop9876

Aug 29, 2005
✟8,364.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So why would anyone be against daylight saving?? can't understand it. I can use the extra time of daylight every day and it saves power.
got to agree with that, if we didn't have daylight savings in tassie, the sun would already be starting to come up at 4.30, 5.30 is bad enough atm, but 4.30 i couldn't stand. so we get an extra hour after work, school, &c. to go to the gorge, go to the beach, have a barbecue, &c. and every hour of summer sunshine is precious in tassie. :)

but for now i'm glad QLD doesn't have daylight savings, as i'll be driving up to rockhampton from melbourne in december, so when i cross the NSW border, i will save an hour off my trip, meaning i can get up an hour later at glen innes. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Spong is wrong

Feb 13, 2005
Perth
Visit site
✟735.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Yep we did the forward one hour thing.

I am tired, I feel like I didn't get enough sleep.
You need to wait 6 months, until the clocks go back, and then you can catch up on that hour of sleep! :D

Upvote 0