Discussion When do we go to heaven ... now or later?

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Most people think that when you die that that is when you go to heaven. I've heard people say, "I'm going home".

This scripture says on the last day ... would that mean the day Jesus comes back. If the rapture people think we are going to escape the tribulations. This would say otherwise.

St John 16:39-40
Here is what the One who sent me wants me to do: I must not lose even one whom God gave me, but I must raise them all on the last day. Those who see the Son and believe in him have eternal life, and I will raise them on the last day. This is what my Father wants.”

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Revelations 17: 14
These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

I have always liked this scripture ... in fact I thought this meant riding with Him, but that comes later.
(Re 19:14)
The armies of heaven, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, were following him on white horses.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Most people think that when you die that that is when you go to heaven.
Which heaven do you believe they go to? Would you want to go to a place that will be removed at the coming of Messiah?

Rev 21
1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away,​

So what about all those in 'the first heaven'? All those who believe they go to heaven when they die, have they not read that the existing earth AND heaven will pass away BEFORE the dwelling place of God descends to earth?

2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new! Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.​

The revelation states before God dwells in Israel and rules from Jerusalem the existing heaven is removed. And EVERYTHING is made new. Heaven and earth are not only renewed but joined together. He who dwells in heaven has come to dwell on earth. A new earth, and a new heaven. So how could you believe 'you go to heaven' and will remain with God there till he comes to earth when the existing earth and heaven will pass away BEFORE the day of the Lord comes, and he dwells among his people having made all things new and clean?

2 Peter
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.​

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Which heaven do you believe they go to? Would you want to go to a place that will be removed at the coming of Messiah?

Rev 21
1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away,​

So what about all those in 'the first heaven'? All those who believe they go to heaven when they die, have they not read that the existing earth AND heaven will pass away BEFORE the dwelling place of God descends to earth?

2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new! Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.​

The revelation states before God dwells in Israel and rules from Jerusalem the existing heaven is removed. And EVERYTHING is made new. Heaven and earth are not only renewed but joined together. He who dwells in heaven has come to dwell on earth. A new earth, and a new heaven. So how could you believe 'you go to heaven' and will remain with God there till he comes to earth when the existing earth and heaven will pass away BEFORE the day of the Lord comes, and he dwells among his people having made all things new and clean?

2 Peter
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.​

good points Shimshon and vinsight4U

but I forgot about the promises of God after the one thousand years of peace which makes a new thought pattern for what did Jesus mean in St John 16:39-40
Here is what the One who sent me wants me to do: I must not lose even one whom God gave me, but I must raise them all on the last day. Those who see the Son and believe in him have eternal life, and I will raise them on the last day. This is what my Father wants.”

Then who is riding with Him in the defeating of the devil ... don't saint go to heaven first to ride with Him in the end?

What does the last day mean? I don't think I could live in a world without a sea ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums