AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi AHC, the pre-INCARNATE Son of God took on humanity at His conception/Incarnation, which also meant coming "in the flesh" (John 1:14; cf 2 John 7). He rose from the grave "bodily" (the tomb was empty, yes :amen:), as well ascended into Heaven, "bodily", and so He remains to this day.
Do I have to list the multiple scriptures that show Jesus rose with a different "body" than the one he had before death? Like, a "body" that could walk through walls.

It is pure conjecture to argue that because Jesus was seen going into heaven with a body that he stays in that state in heaven. Like I said, no scripture says Jesus is flesh and blood in heaven. Further there is no scripture that says he was raised with the same flesh he had before.

That He rose and ascended bodily, IOW, in the flesh is, in fact, the important point of His Resurrection (cf 1 Corinthians 15:17), as it teaches that we too will rise from the dead in like manner :)

37 And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain.
40 There are heavenly
bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another.
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. ~1 Cor 15
What is the point of quoting scripture and underlying body? Body does not mean flesh and blood. This should be clear with the multiple times Paul teaches distinction between heavenly bodies and earthly bodies. We know God is spirit. We know angels are spirits. Understand that you can be a spiritual "body" without having flesh and blood. Understand that a spiritual "body" can appear on earth as an earthly "body" and then return to heaven in their heavenly "body".

If you are going to gain some insight from 1 Cor 15 than read more verses 45 to 52 to see how Paul further elaborates on how different and supreme the heavenly body is over the flesh and blood of earthly bodies.

We, as the Lord Jesus has now, will have resurrection bodies in the age to come :amen:

Yours in Christ,
David

"Our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory" ~Phil 3:20-21
Again, scripture does not state that a heavenly body has flesh and blood. The fact that we will be resurrected, does not mean our bodies will be the same, in fact scripture you quote says they are not the same. I don't know what a heavenly body looks like, but I am certain it is not like the earthly body I now have.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One last thing, while contextually, John 4:24 refers specifically to God the Father (see John 4:21-24), I believe that, "God is spirit", is also true of the 2nd Member of the Godhead in His Divinity, and that even as He walked among us in His humanity/"in the flesh".
Hebrews 2 discusses at length how the Son of God was made lower by taking on flesh and blood. Further Hebrews 2:7 says explicitly that this lowered state was just for a little while. Now apply this text to 1 Cor 15. At the resurrection we will receive a greater body not a lower body like Adam's. Now the greater body we will be patterned from will be like the heavenly one that the Son of God had before he was lowered by taking on flesh and blood.

Further the whole concept that the Son's nature was "enhanced" by his being lowered by taking on flesh is preposterous to me. The Son did not lower himself to be like man so that we can only later be elevated to his lowered state; that amounts to being the same as we were at creation, like Adam.

Also, if the Son was lowered, he also returned to his greater state of glory after ascension.

The Lord Jesus is one Person with two natures, Divine and human.
When the Son of God walked with man as Jesus, he was both God and man. But, scripture says he was lowered during this time. This must apply to his divine qualities. Relating to the OP, this means that while man, he did not know all things at birth. He had to learn things like we do. How much of his divine qualities were restricted while walking the earth, I can't say.

Typically we say God is all knowing, all powerful and all present. Clearly he was not all knowing in that he had to learn scripture. Clearly he was not all present as he walked around. I would say limits were put to his being all powerful as he allowed himself to suffer on the cross.

My point is to stress that God becoming man was for our benefit, that we would identify and learn from him by example. As Jesus was humbled, so should we. The hope being that we will be glorified later.

My last comment is that the glory of God in heaven is so beyond what was shown in his life on earth as man. The transfiguration of Jesus gave a glimpse of this. Even this glimpse of Jesus' glory exceeds what he showed post resurrection. I revel in the glory we will witness in heaven as Revelation hints at.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
”And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.” ~ Acts 1:9-11
Does this text say in the same body, as if Jesus even had the same body after resurrection as he had before death? No.

It says in the same way. That means with angels in the sky with clouds.

1 Thes 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Does this text say in the same body, as if Jesus even had the same body after resurrection as he had before death? No.

It says in the same way. That means with angels in the sky with clouds.

1 Thes 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
Jesus, after he rose, had Thomas feel his wounds and he ate with his disciples. Now, we understand that his body was different, even glorified, yet it was still a human body.

This subject is really off topic for this thread.

Upvote 0

Yahu_

Nov 16, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
✟18,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The Scriptures say that Jesus is God incarnate, he is the Word of God and is God.
When Jesus was born into human body, he grew as a normal human being.

When he was a baby, was he as innocent as other babies?
When he was a kid, was he as playful as other kids?

When did Jesus know that he is the Son of God?
When He created the heavens and the earth as the firstborn of all creation.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus, after he rose, had Thomas feel his wounds and he ate with his disciples. Now, we understand that his body was different, even glorified, yet it was still a human body.
Jesus eating and being touched proves nothing. God/Pre-incarnate Christ ate with Abraham. God and two angles took on what appeared to be flesh and looked like we humans. This happened hundreds of years before Jesus was born incarnate. What happened to that "human" body? All those that insist Jesus now in heaven has the same flesh and blood that he had on earth do so without any scripture saying such.

Further, scripture says to be kind to strangers because they might be angels. So whatever appearances look like, doesn't prove anything to how the spirits are in heaven. It looks like it is possible for spiritual bodies to go back and forth between heaven and earth with different bodies.
This subject is really off topic for this thread.
Not really if you read my response in post 22. The point is that when God came to earth born a babe to Mary, he was in a lowered state. As such he was not all knowing and had to learn as we do. Relating to the OP question, I believe that Jesus in his mind had to learn about God. I also would guess that at a young age, his spirit revealed to his mind that he was in fact God's Son.

Now all that have the simple view that Jesus is the same in heaven as on earth, have the simple answer to the OP question; Jesus knew everything even the day he was born because God is all knowing and did not change when he came as man. Further they insist that Jesus did not change when he went back to heaven.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything that was made.. that was see ..was made by Him. He has always known who He was. Rev.. what did JESUS say there? ""I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Now the Jewish people are waiting for the Messiah still. And to some of them they believe he is out there just does not know who he is yet. This is not written.. in the bible Torah what have you. Jesus told them...if you knew believed Moses "Mosheh" you would believe me for he spoke of me. Seems He was known THEN..hmm The whole bible.. speaks about JESUS!

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything that was made.. that was see ..was made by Him. He has always known who He was. Rev.. what did JESUS say there? ""I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
The OP question pertains to the eternal Son of God's life on earth as both God and man, Jesus. Hebrews 2 says he was lower than angels at that time. Luke 2:52 says he grew in wisdom. Your view should be congruent to these texts.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

Luke 2:42 And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Scriptures say that Jesus is God incarnate, he is the Word of God and is God.

Age 1,3,5,10,15,20?
At what age did he probably know that?

Was he informed by an angel and knew that?
Did the Father in heaven reveal to him and so he knew?
What probably is the correct answer?
He was always fully God and when begotten - He was always fully human.
Unlike the rest of us... He was in constant sinless communion with the Father.
The only things He had to 'learn' were as human children.
He did not have to learn His Divinity - for it was Who He is.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Messiah was begotten in eternity. He knew he was the son of YAH when he was brought forth. He was the son of YAH/son of God before he was born as a man...

Psalm 2:3
I will declare the decree: YAH hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Age 1,3,5,10,15,20?

Age 1,3,5,10,15,20?

The Correct answer is: At Conception and before Conception Jesus Christ knew He was the Son God, the 3rd Person of the Blessed Trinity, who is God!!!

Upvote 0