Not open for further replies.

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are wrong. The claim is always that there is only evidence of natural processes. No one is saying that supernatural processes cannot have occurred, they only point out the fact that there is no evidence of anything supernatural and that evolution can be explained without referring to magic.

No, I'm not wrong. There's two very different views of the involvement of God in evolution. Two very different worldviews. Simply saying 'biologists support evolution' is being less than forthright concerning those very divergent views.

You only have a strawman version of evolution and a claim that there are those with foolish unsupported beliefs ( and that would be the ones that demand that a god must be involved). If you could show evidence for a god scientists would accept it.

No one has shown evidence that only naturalistic mechanisms produced humanity. But that's ok, isn't it?

Again this is not true and is also a personal attack. Personal attacks are against the rule here.

Pointing out that you offer nothing but empty boasts and invisible evidence isn't a personal attack. Now, repeatedly calling someone a coward is a personal attack. Sound familiar?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nobody's seen your evidence. Not even you, apparently.
"You are are lying" is calling someone a liar. We'll let the admins sort it out.
It shouldn't be. If someone can show that another person lied then it is by definition not name calling. Also you have been making personal attack after personal attack. As we all know there is some bias here so I may be in a little trouble. But if the moderators are fair at all your punishment should be at least as harsh as mine.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It shouldn't be. If someone can show that another person lied then it is by definition not name calling. Also you have been making personal attack after personal attack. As we all know there is some bias here so I may be in a little trouble. But if the moderators are fair at all your punishment should be at least as harsh as mine.

I haven't accused anyone of being a liar and repeatedly called them a coward. You have.

Actually take responsibility for your behavior.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No, I'm not wrong. There's two very different views of the involvement of God in evolution. Two very different worldviews. Simply saying 'biologists support evolution' is being less than forthright concerning those very divergent views.

You are the one that is claiming there are significant people that have some strange undefined definition of evolution. I am aware of only the one. Just as I am aware of only "Godless" atomic theory. I can't show evidence for something that I do not believe exists.

No one has shown evidence that only naturalistic mechanisms produced humanity. But that's ok, isn't it?

Sure they have. Again, there is only the "Theory of evolution" as far as I am aware. The fossil record as a whole is evidence for that. The nested hierarchy observed supports this. I can give links to specific fossils, but since you do not understand evidence you will not see how a Homo Erectus fossil is evidence for human evolution.

Pointing out that you offer nothing but empty boasts and invisible evidence isn't a personal attack. Now, repeatedly calling someone a coward is a personal attack. Sound familiar?

Actually it is. Especially since I have given evidence many times. Now I may have called you a coward once. Pointing out that your behavior is cowardly is not a personal attack. Tell me, did you take me up on my offer or not? Of course you didn't. What were you afraid of?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I haven't accused anyone of being a liar and repeatedly called them a coward. You have.

Actually take responsibility for your behavior.

I tell you what, you behave correctly and I will behave correctly. You ran away from an honest offer countless times while making personal attack after personal attack against me. Your bad behavior long predated mine.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are the one that is claiming there are significant people that have some strange undefined definition of evolution. I am aware of only the one. Just as I am aware of only "Godless" atomic theory. I can't show evidence for something that I do not believe exists.

'Strange' is a subjective view. It's 'strange' that some folks, without scientific evidence, believe humanity was produced from a single life form of long ago by only naturalistic mechanisms.

Sure they have. Again, there is only the "Theory of evolution" as far as I am aware. The fossil record as a whole is evidence for that. The nested hierarchy observed supports this. I can give links to specific fossils, but since you do not understand evidence you will not see how a Homo Erectus fossil is evidence for human evolution.

You're not addressing the subject of how. You won't. You can't.

Actually it is. Especially since I have given evidence many times. Now I may have called you a coward once. Pointing out that your behavior is cowardly is not a personal attack. Tell me, did you take me up on my offer or not? Of course you didn't. What were you afraid of?

I'm waiting for you to give evidence that I, and others, have asked you for repeatedly. Your response to this will be the same as your response has been for the past several months.....no evidence.

And 'cowardly' isn't a personal attack? I didn't report that to the admins, but they'd probably have a different view, as would most people. You do revert to that behavior when you're challenged and have no answer to the challenge.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I tell you what, you behave correctly and I will behave correctly. You ran away from an honest offer countless times while making personal attack after personal attack against me. Your bad behavior long predated mine.

I've not called you a liar or a coward. I've challenged your failure to provide evidence and you've gotten upset with that, unable to face the reality of your baseless claims.

Now, you may try to deflect from your less than acceptable behavior in discussion, but the thread and your words are there for the admins to see. Again, we'll let them decide who's stepped beyond the bounds of civilized behavior.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
'Strange' is a subjective view. It's 'strange' that some folks, without scientific evidence, believe humanity was produced from a single life form of long ago by only naturalistic mechanisms.

Why do you say that? The evidence only shows the existence of naturalistic causes. There is no evidence for anything else.

You're not addressing the subject of how. You won't. You can't.

No, there is evidence of how evolution happened. Why do you think that there isn't?

I'm waiting for you to give evidence that I, and others, have asked you for repeatedly. Your response to this will be the same as your response has been for the past several months.....no evidence.

What evidence are you asking for? I have given you evidence many times. I got tired of you denying evidence. There are only two possibilities, you either do not know what qualifies as evidence or you were lying. I assumed that you did not know what is and what is not evidence. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

And 'cowardly' isn't a personal attack? I didn't report that to the admins, but they'd probably have a different view, as would most people. You do revert to that behavior when you're challenged and have no answer to the challenge.

It is no more of a personal attack than all of your false charges against me were. By the way, did you take me up on my offer? Fear seems to be your only excuse.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I've not called you a liar or a coward. I've challenged your failure to provide evidence and you've gotten upset with that, unable to face the reality of your baseless claims.

But I have provided evidence. You lost the ability to challenge me when you dishonestly denied evidence. Until you know what is evidence you have no right to make such demands.

Now, you may try to deflect from your less than acceptable behavior in discussion, but the thread and your words are there for the admins to see. Again, we'll let them decide who's stepped beyond the bounds of civilized behavior.

Once again, your bad behavior predates mine by months. I have been more than patient with you. And you were the one that first crossed the boundary, long long before I ever did.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do you say that? The evidence only shows the existence of naturalistic causes. There is no evidence for anything else.

There is no evidence that only naturalistic mechanisms produced humanity from an alleged single life form of long ago. None.

No, there is evidence of how evolution happened. Why do you think that there isn't?

How was humanity produced from an alleged single life form of long ago. Where's the evidence?

What evidence are you asking for? I have given you evidence many times. I got tired of you denying evidence. There are only two possibilities, you either do not know what qualifies as evidence or you were lying. I assumed that you did not know what is and what is not evidence. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

What evidence am I asking for? See above.

It is no more of a personal attack than all of your false charges against me were. By the way, did you take me up on my offer? Fear seems to be your only excuse.

What false charges? You've claimed to have evidence but haven't given it. Nor are you going to give it. One isn't able to give something which doesn't exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But I have provided evidence. You lost the ability to challenge me when you dishonestly denied evidence. Until you know what is evidence you have no right to make such demands.

You've offered no evidence. And won't.

Once again, your bad behavior predates mine by months. I have been more than patient with you. And you were the one that first crossed the boundary, long long before I ever did.

Give an example. This is just another of your baseless claims.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There is no evidence that only naturalistic mechanisms produced humanity from an alleged single life form of long ago. None.

See, this sort of ignorance is what makes people laugh at you. Once again you have shown that you do not understand what evidence is. Read my sign.

How was humanity produced from an alleged single life form of long ago. Where's the evidence?

Humanity was produced by the process of evolution. That much is obvious. The evidence is the fossil record. All fossils found to date fit the evolutionary paradigm. Creationists have no explanation for the fossil record that has not been thoroughly refuted. So this fossil right here:

erectus-skull-200-109029-1.jpg

Is evidence that supports my claim. The chain of fossils supports my claim. Once again you do not understand the nature of evidence.

The nested hierarchy of DNA is evidence that supports my claim:

venema_RTB_2_2.jpg

What evidence am I asking for? See above.

Ditto.

What false charges? You've claimed to have evidence but haven't given it. Nor are you going to give it. One isn't able to give something which doesn't exist.

No, I gave evidence, you do not understand that nature of evidence. You run away when I offer to help you to understand the concept.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You've offered no evidence. And won't.[/qoute]

This is a false statement. It is also a personal attack.

Give an example. This is just another of your baseless claims.

Your continued false statements about me not offering evidence. You know why you lost that right. Once again you are not being honest.

Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
See, this sort of ignorance is what makes people laugh at you. Once again you have shown that you do not understand what evidence is. Read my sign.

Once again, you do not give evidence, based on the scientific method, of how humanity was produced from an alleged single life form of long long ago

Humanity was produced by the process of evolution.

What process of evolution? Give evidence, based on the scientific method, for his process which produced humanity.

All you'll do in response to this will be to make your usual empty boasts and offer invisible evidence

That much is obvious. The evidence is the fossil record.

The fossil record does not tell us how humanity was produced from an alleged single life form of long long ago.

All fossils found to date fit the evolutionary paradigm. Creationists have no explanation for the fossil record that has not been thoroughly refuted. So this fossil right here:

File:Homme_de_Tautavel_01-08.jpg

Is evidence that supports my claim. The chain of fossils supports my claim. Once again you do not understand the nature of evidence.

The nested hierarchy of DNA is evidence that supports my claim:

venema_RTB_2_2.jpg

Ditto.

No, I gave evidence, you do not understand that nature of evidence. You run away when I offer to help you to understand the concept.

More of your empty boasts and invisible evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

caliwebman

IAM13
Dec 19, 2005
Left of West
✟15,119.00
Faith
Other Religion
Evolution began at the precise moment God created, Light. For light, meant life, and the sharing of his creation with us and of life. "And let there be Light". See when you "create" something, it evolves. So do you. You evolve. If you didn't evolve you might still have the mentality of a 12 year old even though you are much older. Spiritual Evolution Happens. For some it might begin with meeting the holy spirit, for others perhaps an experience with Christ himself, but since the day you first heard the words Jesus Christ you have evolved; you learnt, you grew. :) Evolution of Spirit happens, it takes hard work, but it happens. God, Darwin.... Darwin, God. Spiritual Evolution.

And always remember, YOU are a creator!

What will you create today?

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

mod%20hat%202_zpslkvdttnr.jpg

Staff has voted to leave this thread permanently closed due to flaming.

Please discuss and debate without flaming, goading, or becoming personal.

The full Flaming Rule Reads

Flaming and Goading
Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
Do not attack another member's character or actions in any way, address only the content of their post and not the member personally.
NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, or smileys clearly meant to goad.
Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
Only the person to whom the post is addressed may report the other. Anyone may report generalized flames or goads which are addressed to a group of members.
Moderators have the right to report egregious violations of flaming or goading.
Clear violations of the flaming rule will result in bans.

The full list of site rules can be found here.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.