✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

If we are saved when we accept Jesus into our lives have we been Judged?

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Believing in, trusting, and committing to Jesus is not an opportunity for God to judge someone as the term is normally used. One might say a person has been judged righteous at that point, but it wouldn't be standard usage (as far as I know.) Judgment, in general, won't come until Judgment Day (which does not preclude God from passing judgment in this life, which he sometimes chooses to do).

“As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. (John 12:47, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

Purple Haze

Apr 3, 2005
✟2,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We were already judged thousands of years ago when Adam and Eve ate the fruit. The day that you eat of it you will surely die. That was mankinds destruction day.

Then that same day God inserted a clause- Jesus. He will crush the power of sin and the law which demands our destruction by exchanging his innocent blood for our guilty blood. We must die with Him on the cross to our old selves and be born again in His image, modeling our lives after His. Therefore when the judgement of God looks upon us, all he sees is the death of Jesus- debt paid.

Judgement for the Christian is like passover in Egypt. The angel of death visited every house except for the ones who's threshold was covered by the blood of the Lamb. Accept Christ's blood, the Lamb of God's blood, in exchange for your guilty blood and you are covered.

So to answer your question more directly- To be saved is to be covered/hidden from judgement.

Upvote 0