Red blue

Oct 3, 2016
Florida
✟15,198.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My husband who is an unbeliever abandoned our marriage because he claimed to be no longer in love. Unfortunately, during the early time of our separation I committied adultery, although my husband and I were not not together I did understand we were still legally married. I was hurt but two wrongs DO NOT make a right. I repented, ended the relationship, and also asked for forgiveness from my spouse. He forgave me and a couple of months down the line came back saying he wanted to try working on the marriage. I agreed because he was willing to try (1 Corinth 7:13) but then a couple of weeks later he changed his mind and abandoned the marriage again. I tried seeking counseling and prayer throughout this time but he claimed to be completely done this time around. So my question is, under my circumstance, when the divorce is final would I be allowed to remarry in the future since he abandoned the marriage (1 Corinth 7:15)? I just want to be aligned with Gods word but this matter is a bit confusing to me.

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes. The believer cannot leave, but if the unbeliever leaves, the believer may remarry. Life experience says that "better to marry than to burn" trumps man-made ideas that are not specifically in the Bible. And I see nothing in there that says that his sin obligates you to remain unmarried. But this is another reason that christians should not marry unbelievers.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0