What's your thoughts on the anti-Mohammed video?

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This should not be made an excuse for action of Muslims across the world.

I don't know that anyone in the West has stated that the video excuses the actions of the minority of Muslims who reacted by comitting crimes. It may or may not have provoked them to respond as they did, but it is not an excuse.

Upvote 0

princess_ballet

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Michigan
✟16,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't know that anyone in the West has stated that the video excuses the actions of the minority of Muslims who reacted by comitting crimes. It may or may not have provoked them to respond as they did, but it is not an excuse.

Blaming the video is making it an excuse.

But you're right, it is not an excuse. Free speech should be countered with more free speech, not violence.

Upvote 0

princess_ballet

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Michigan
✟16,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I watched the video and think it was made that way intentionally.

I think theres definitely alot more going on then we realise and there are people that know things that we are not seeing portrayed in the media.
The US govt has a long history of corruptive practises and I wouldn't put it past them, the CIA or some agency like that in the US to have some sort of involvement.. I've read about some dodgy things they've done in the past eg, MK Ultra, Cointelpro

Oh, so you're into conspiracy theories. How cute.

Reactions: MikeK
Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Now that we all have went and watched the trailer, when few had before, stupid. The religion of peace has violently objected. Just makes me all a-quiver with peaceful emotions. Falling on my knees weeping at the wonderful treatment done by Muslims about a nerd for a prophet. Whoops, I better watch it or some peaceful Muslim will show me how gentle and peceful they are.

I believe that the whole start up was an act of terroism and what better, oops, there's a anti Mohamed trailer we can get idiots worked up about.

I do believe that one day we will have a 3rd world war between the eastern countries and their religion of peace and the rest of us.

Upvote 0

Tamz

Sep 19, 2012
✟15,135.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Oh, so you're into conspiracy theories. How cute.

Gosh thanx. MK-Ultra and Cointelpro aren't conspiracy theories though (which I'm sure you would realise if you know what they are), hence why I used them as examples. Not so much into conspiracy theories, more into seeing the bigger picture.

Upvote 0

princess_ballet

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Michigan
✟16,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Here's the thing, the bottom line, the video had nothing to do with the riots or the murder of Chris Stevens.

It was a terrorist attack. The White House is finally getting around to admitting it (finally). The video had nothing to do with it.

The White House just doesn't want to say what this was: a terrorist attack.

Remember, Obama was supposed to heal the great divide and all that other baloney. Fail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FearlessFreep

Sep 7, 2012
✟7,983.00
Faith
Christian
Makes one wonder why anybody took it seriously enough to get mad.
Because any imagined reason is good enough reason for those who hate Americans. Why did the Obama admin apologize for it when Americans as a whole were not the ones who made the video, and most of us had never heard of it until the stink over it? Making an apology is like accepting responsibility for it. And I'm sure that's how the savages took it. When will Obama learn that you can't negotiate with savages?

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
Because any imagined reason is good enough reason for those who hate Americans. Why did the Obama admin apologize for it when Americans as a whole were not the ones who made the video, and most of us had never heard of it until the stink over it? Making an apology is like accepting responsibility for it. And I'm sure that's how the savages took it. When will Obama learn that you can't negotiate with savages?

Yes why did Obama apologize when it had nothing to do with the attack. And why did he and Hillary spend $70K in taxpayer money for ads in Pakistan apologizing for the video.

Reading a transcript of the ads, they aren't apologizing at all. And Freep, calling other people savages is a little disgusting. I have Muslim and Arab friends and acquaintances and I'm offended that you would slur them like this. Would you please apologize?

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
It is disappointing to see Christians politicising the murder of an ambassador.

It's not like there isn't any truth to the matter. Doesn't matter what was the cause, the end result is a few lives lost, and as I've said numerous times before, this bunk is just another reason we should seriously contemplate on being an isolationist country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,585,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Reading a transcript of the ads, they aren't apologizing at all. And Freep, calling other people savages is a little disgusting. I have Muslim and Arab friends and acquaintances and I'm offended that you would slur them like this. Would you please apologize?
It would seem, and this is my perspective right now - that the terrorists who murdered ppl - were savage.
Do you equate your friends to this ilk?

Upvote 0

FearlessFreep

Sep 7, 2012
✟7,983.00
Faith
Christian
I do believe that one day we will have a 3rd world war between the eastern countries and their religion of peace and the rest of us.
"And the angel of the LORD said to her, 'Behold, you are with child, and shall bear a son; you shall call his name Ish'mael; because the LORD has given heed to your affliction. He shall be a wild ass of a man, his hand against every man and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell over against all his kinsmen.'" - Genesis 16:11-12

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
It would seem, and this is my perspective right now - that the terrorists who murdered ppl - were savage.

That isn't the impression I get at all. I see a situation in which the government is communicating with the populace of an entire country and Freep says Obama shouldn't bother with "savages".

Upvote 0