What's your thoughts on the anti-Mohammed video?

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟64,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's stupid, reprehensible and weird.

Also badly acted and produced.

And because most countries in the middle east don't have free expression a lot of the middle east thinks that if its created and distributed in America it must have the support of the American Government.

That and just plain rage.

It ever ceases to amaze me what little things cause such huge events.

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I believe that we are mistaken in blaming the anger and uprisings completely on this video. I think that there is a lot of anger there about the drone strikes and other incidents. The video might be a catalyst, or its effects may be overly publicized as the cause for the attacks to ease America's conscience and keep us from reflecting on the real issues.
While we're thinking about movies, everyone ought to take a look at this film: REEL BAD ARABS | Featuring Dr. Jack Shaheen

Upvote 0

FriendlyJosh

Jan 12, 2011
✟11,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would have never known about the video if the media would not have made such a big deal about it.

You didn't hear about the US embassy getting stormed and a US diplomat killed? and other countries embassy's stormed as well, and flags changed to a alkita one and them burning US flags, cars etc... and chanting "we are all osama?

Woops thought you said Obama instead of the media.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pure stupidity. Poking people with sticks just so they will fight back, and then you have the satisfaction of saying "see, I told you so, look how awful they are!"

Nothing excuses the activities of people who's rage, justified or not, leads them to kill innocent people - but that does not justify the actions of those who made the video in question.

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
They could have at least made the video funny. It was a droll and poor attempt at humour. And a stupid reaction on the Mohammedans' part. Most of them didn't even see it and rioted. How idiotic! It wasn't even well produced or made. It was far too shoddy workmanship to poke fun at Mohammedanism much at all, really.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FearlessFreep

Sep 7, 2012
✟7,983.00
Faith
Christian
You didn't hear about the US embassy getting stormed and a US diplomat killed?
Those savages are the ones who made the video popular. No one knew about that obscure cheap video before they announced it to the world. It was an excuse to do what they had already planned to do on the anniversary of 9/11. There are probably about 10,000 videos that talk bad about Muhammad, but they just happened to choose the anniversary of 9/11 to get angry about one of them? Yeah, right. Even the president of Libya said it was a preplanned terrorist attack. But apparently, the Obama administration was in denial because liberal political correctness forbids them from thinking that Islam can ever be anything other than a religion of peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well now the admin. is finally admitting that the awful youtube wasn't the cause of the storming of the embassy and murder of the abassador and others. It was an al queda operation. Turns out that the ambassador was tortured before being murdered too. Nice. And they tried to blame the mess on a youtube? Get real. Wonder what else the admin. is trying to hide from the people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BBCath

Catholic...
Mar 20, 2012
in the south of the US
✟7,899.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well now the admin. is finally admitting that the awful youtube wasn't the cause of the storming of the embassy and murder of the abassador and others. It was an al queda operation. Turns out that the ambassador was tortured before being murdered too. Nice. And they tried to blame the mess on a youtube? Get real. Wonder what else the admin. is trying to hide from the people.

Link please. I heard the media blame the attacks on the video.

And everyone knows good-n-well that if you make any anti-islam/muslim video, it will induce some type of reaction that is less than calm.

With great power (freedom of speech) comes great responsibility. We're in volatile times right now and those filmmakers were stupid for making that film - regardless if it caused the violence or not.

Upvote 0

princess_ballet

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Michigan
✟16,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It was a beautiful piece of free speech.

I couldn't care less about the video, honestly. It was probably a bunch of hog wash and poorly done. It was done in bad taste, whatever.

But I am so sick and tired of people using it as an excuse for Muslims are doing. They are not doing this because of some stupid movie. Or some stupid cartoon in France. They've admitted themselves they haven't seen it.

And if they are they need to grow up.

No, my friends, our embassies are being attacked all of the world and our president, while doing nothing, wants to sit on the sidelines and blame a piece of free speech in the US.

Lord help us.

Upvote 0

princess_ballet

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Michigan
✟16,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

And everyone knows good-n-well that if you make any anti-islam/muslim video, it will induce some type of reaction that is less than calm.

With great power (freedom of speech) comes great responsibility. We're in volatile times right now and those filmmakers were stupid for making that film - regardless if it caused the violence or not.

Christians are attacked all the time. Jews are attacked all the time. Neither one of them takes to the streets because of it. We don't start killing people over it.

This should not be made an excuse for action of Muslims across the world.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

snipped to portion I am answering. Longer post is above.

Went to find a link for you. There are many. Some speaking how the Libyan President warned the U.S.--how he says that the attack was not due to the video, but was planned with al-queda ties. There are links about how our ambassador was raped (sodomized) and tortured before he was murdered and then dragged through the streets.

Believe the news about the admin finally admitting a terror attack is on right now, but I think this link will do for now:

Finally, Obama Admin Admits Benghazi Attack was an Act of Terrorism – Updated | The Lonely Conservative

Upvote 0

Tamz

Sep 19, 2012
✟15,135.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I watched the video and think it was made that way intentionally.

I think theres definitely alot more going on then we realise and there are people that know things that we are not seeing portrayed in the media.
The US govt has a long history of corruptive practises and I wouldn't put it past them, the CIA or some agency like that in the US to have some sort of involvement.. I've read about some dodgy things they've done in the past eg, MK Ultra, Cointelpro

Upvote 0