Jan 2, 2004
The upper midwest, out in the woods.
Visit site
✟10,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I was googling for Kevin Max and found that he released a second album. I didn't read the lyrics to much of it yet so I don't know if it had much more of a point that the first one did.

Anyway I stopped to look at the official Kevin Max forums and man there are a lot of little perverts floating around in there. Either the mods can't handle it or they don't care.

Oh the tragedy.

Anyways, for those who have one or both of his albums, what do you think of them and do the lyrics honestly make any sense.

eutychus

the phlegmatic one
Feb 7, 2004
Louisville
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Others
Kevin Max is a free spirit, quite possibly not guided by the Holy Spirit.

But his music can be enchanting, regardless.

...He also came out with a book of poetry, titled "Divine Erotica." Haven't read it (although he is a very talented poet), so not sure of the content, other than he mentioned that he wrote it to show that women's sexuality was created good.

Upvote 0

philN

Veteran
Mar 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
✟2,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Imposter is a great album. Then again, his vocals sound good with just about anything. But one this record he worked with a lot of independent musicians with alot of integrity.

His lyrics are hit or miss, but I can pretty confidently say that he never had a line like that in a song. Especially seeing as he is taking some heat right now for his new erotic poetry book.

And, as the Theory said, he is indeed a ****ing heathen too.

Upvote 0

Silent Enigma

Senior Veteran
Jan 2, 2004
The upper midwest, out in the woods.
Visit site
✟10,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I just found this.

link

It's a Wikipedia article, so you have to take it with a grain of salt. Interesting thing at the end.

In 1997, Max married Alayna Bennett. They divorced in 2003 for undisclosed reasons. He remarried in April of 2005 to Amanda Lynn MacDonald. Their daughter, London, was born in October of 2005. They live in Hollywood, California.

So she would've been 3 months pregnant when they got married. I wonder where he's going, theologically. The guy who participated in making the Jesus Freaks books in conjunction with Voice of the Martyrs. Its kind of disappointing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eutychus

the phlegmatic one
Feb 7, 2004
Louisville
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Others
If one can believe the article...

Yeah, it's not a good thing, but it happens all the time within the church, and even among ministers, as sad as it is. Not like I see any fruit from KMax, but if he is indeed redeemed (which will tell in time through perseverence, whether we know of it or not), I'm not going to damn him for being sexually immoral. It's not like he's ever deemed himself as a minister of the gospel, but merely a musician.

And even if he did refer to himself as an evangelist through his music, we must remember that Amy Grant is still CCM's posterchild, after all...so what's one more?

Upvote 0

TurtleChele

...just a girl in the world...
Jan 12, 2006
Heaven on Earth, NC
Visit site
✟15,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am a huge fan of dc Talk partly because of Kevin. I could get lost in his voice alone. There are a handful of good songs on his first solo attempt. A coworker gave me a new CD of his for Christmas, didn't like it too much. I forget the name of it but it has like only 7 songs on it. It's like he's moving inch by inch closer to the deep end. Oh but I will always love that voice of his. :blush:

~Chele

Upvote 0