masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
'Thanks Emmy. But is there any point getting someone to pray for something on your behalf? eg Pray your husband gets a new job

Oh, you must please read Jesus prayer for us in John 17. This prayer of faith will, not only encourage, but prove how invaluable prayer of all sorts, including intercessory prayer really are. Prayer is the key, in the hand of faith, that unlocks heavens storehouse. Here is a most wonderful promise for all Jesus children Mark:11:24: "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." We are promised everything we DESIRE when we pray. To question the relevance of prayer shows a great lack of faith, and without faith it is impossible to please God Hebrews:11:6: "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Never forget that we are saved by grace THROUGH FAITH.

Upvote 0

Paterfamilia

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Illinois
✟25,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I'll make this as short and clear as I can.

On this world, God is proving His greatness. That's the whole purpose. He did not create us to give us happy, peaceful, healthy, long, wealthy lives. If He did, He would simply wipe Satan out and get rid of him.

Satan accused God of stacking the deck in Job's favor, by protecting him and blessing him on every side. Satans claim was that Job's righteousness was not genuine because the only reason Job was righteous, was that God was essentially "paying" Job to be good.

Therefore, goodness isn't really good. That is the foundation of Satans lies. That is that there is no difference between good and evil.

God has created us with many many difficulties and challenges in our context. He has told us to PRAY!

Our prayer is an exercise of faith and trust that Satan rejected for himself. One of the rules for life on earth - "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, THEN will I hear from heaven..."

Then when Satan accuses God of favorite treatment, his accusations have no merit. God is responding to the same faith that Satan could have responded with, and kept his place in heaven.

Prayer is absolutely commanded and wanted by God. Prayers of faith absolutely move Him to action.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I could go on but it seems - whats the point of asking me to pray for someone “not to do bad”. Are we all getting this wrong? Isnt a prayer just between you and God because to me it seems that the value of prayer loses some integrity in asking people to do something minor or personal for someone else

Why would that make the value of prayer "lose its integrity"?

Upvote 0