Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
When you experience it, it will defy all the knowledge of it you gain from study because it will become clear that no matter how much you understand it with your mind, there is no way to fathom the intensity of his love. I had an amazing experience of his love and I cannot even begin to explain how overwhelming it is, knowing that I experienced only a tiny fraction of the magnitude of love that compelled Jesus to the cross. It was so much that I could not bear it! And this is fear of the Lord - it is not the fear of terror, but the "fear" of awe. When you experience his love, you can't help but be in awe...

When I had this experience, I then knew in my mind, and remembering it has compelled me to love where I could not otherwise, even knowing how terribly imperfect my own expression of love is. But it is important to study the love Jesus showed as well, so we know how others can experience his love through us.

Do you have a plan - a systematic method for studying his love as shown in the Bible?

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If you belong to Him there is nothing to fear (1 John 5). If you do not, there is plenty to fear (Luke 12).

If have a perfect description of what the Love of God is and is not via 1 Cor. 13. Try replacing the word 'Love' with 'God' and see what I mean in that chapter. :)

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
yes we have to fear in terror of God were only supposed to fear God only
Think of fearing God in relational terms. Either you fear disappointing God as a mere taskmaster (under the law, your condemnation), or you fear disappointing Him as a loving Father (under Christ, your justification). Two completely different experiences of fear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0