Whatever happened to the Lakeland Revival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
God was at work, and still is at work as a result of Lakeland.

Was it perfect? no people entered the equation

Do I agree with Todd's theology down the line ? no

Was I disappointed when he fell? Yes but I will continue to pray for him.

Many were healed. Many were saved but that's not it alone. I know in my own church we are seeking more of truth in the Word , to hear from the Lord more and a great desire to be spiritually ready to see a true lasting end time revival. God is changing our hearts, taking away the dross from His people and cleansing us.

We need to die to self, we need to move ourselves out the way, our own interests, then and only then can God really move through us.

WE NEED TO SEEK AFTER JESUS, HE IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH!.

There is an increased hunger in the hearts of many believers for Jesus as a result of Lakeland being televised, it is true many are discontented, but our eyes should have been on God not Todd.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If that’s the case, and I am sure it is, I would much rather hear how revival is occurring with you and in your community and church than in some town 5,000 miles from where you are.

~Jim

“We were made not primarily that we may love God but that God may love us, that we may become objects in which the divine love may rest ‘well pleased.’” ~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

I would rejoice in hearing it all!

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Many were healed. Many were saved but that's not it alone. I know in my own church we are seeking more of truth in the Word , to hear from the Lord more and a great desire to be spiritually ready to see a true lasting end time revival. God is changing our hearts, taking away the dross from His people and cleansing us.

We need to die to self, we need to move ourselves out the way, our own interests, then and only then can God really move through us.

There is an increased hunger in the hearts of many believers for Jesus as a result of Lakeland being televised, it is true many are discontented, but our eyes should have been on God not Todd.

Amen-2.gif

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would rejoice in hearing it all!

So, what’s happening with you and your world?

~Jim

“We were made not primarily that we may love God but that God may love us, that we may become objects in which the divine love may rest ‘well pleased.’” ~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If I may step in here to defend myself, there are more threads by Jim that remain alive in the forum because for some reason my threads seem to bring out the bitterness in some in this forum who seem to stalk them and snipe from the bushes. They are the ones who keep my threads on the front page of this forum. The typical WOF threads die from their own dullness.

IMO.

BTW, for the record, you brought WOF into this conversation, not me.

~Jim

“We were made not primarily that we may love God but that God may love us, that we may become objects in which the divine love may rest ‘well pleased.’”
~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

Actually Jim, you will see I did not bring WOF into the conversation, I only replied to a post that alluded to that. Probably an honest mistake but a mistake none the less. As for the sniping, I recall one thread where it was asked to point out where these snipers were, but again was only able to find you.

As for the typical wof thread, is that the sniper shot you were referring to?

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Amen Irene, wise words sis.

I confess when I first began watching Lakeland earlier this year, I went through the emotions of hope, excitement, curiousity. But after a few weeks I began to ask questions - I got so much from the praise and worship but it was as though I was being told to objectively watch instead of watching with my heart. After a few more weeks (yep it took awhile with me), I finally asked the Lord to show me the truth (these were my exact words I asked, as for which 'truth' I didn't know at the time). To cut a long story short, after what I saw I felt that whilst it was the faith of the believers there who got healed something else was going on there - it was like a battle field. Perhaps what I saw pertained to what came out in the wash many months later, who knows. But I definately saw people getting healed but I also saw something else.

Now with all the debates going on here, I have not felt comfortable to discipher what I saw that night, so I am still very cautious about the movement. I will absolutely test the spirits more and seek the Lord's face first before jumping to any conclusions. That is what I've learnt the most out of the Lakeland affair.

Outside of that, absolutely the Lord is moving and changing the hearts of His children, we're being woken up. The time is drawing near. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually Jim, you will see I did not bring WOF into the conversation, I only replied to a post that alluded to that. Probably an honest mistake but a mistake none the less. As for the sniping, I recall one thread where it was asked to point out where these snipers were, but again was only able to find you.

As for the typical wof thread, is that the sniper shot you were referring to?

I do not know, s4, and I apologize if I have accused you falsely.

I really have taken a long fast from talking about “WOF” in this forum. It is not WOF’ers that I dislike (I like you, for example ;)), it is some of the more controversial beliefs identified with WOF that trouble me and in the future I have decided to stick with the issues rather than snipe at the proponents.

I may slip up from time to time in a moment of passion (I am only human, after all :blush:), but God willing, I will stick with the issues.

~Jim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IN THE YEAR 2013...

Whatever happened to Obama = Antichrist?

I mean, it dominated conversation around here for quite a while and, suddenly …. Nothing.

~FutureJim

There won't be a 2013, the Mayan calendar ends in 2012.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Believe it or not Jim, I've noticed. But FYI, I am not WOF. I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I have little idea of what exactly WOF believe, but I have a problem when people make unsubstantiated claims against any religion. But I'll over the same cutesy to you as well, it's long overdue.

I do not know, s4, and I apologize if I have accused you falsely.

I really have taken a long fast from talking about “WOF” in this forum. It is not WOF’ers that I dislike (I like you, for example ;)), it is some of the more controversial beliefs identified with WOF that trouble me and in the future I have decided to stick with the issues rather than snipe at the proponents.

I may slip up from time to time in a moment of passion (I am only human, after all :blush:), but God willing, I will stick with the issues.

~Jim

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.