Not open for further replies.

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have a work friend who is a citizen now but came 7 yrs ago from Haiti. He believes in the supernatural strongly for sure! Anyway, he says that God not only allowed Hitler to kill 6 million Jews but helped him do it and made it possible. I asked why he would say that and he says God was forcing the jews back to Israel!

I cannot tell you how strongly I disagree with him but lack the words to tell him as simply as he needs to understand.

What would you say? Thanks
The end never justifies the means when we deal in moral absolutes rather than relativisms. A perfect, morally absolute good God does not need to use an immoral means (raising someone evil to power, using them to slaughter others) to get His job done.

Of course, the OT would then call into question whether your God does, in fact, constitute a morally absolute "good", since it records Him using genocide as a method of fulfilling the supposed promise to give Israel the land He supposedly promised them. One has to wonder how much of OT Israelite politicking found its way through HUMAN ALL TOO HUMAN instruments that WROTE scripture, general "inspiration" notwithstanding.... because the alternative would be to say that absolute moral good includes wholesale slaughter of entire races and even of innocents in the process (children involved in many of those genocides and even cattle, etc.), and that just opens too many relativistic doors for stupid and cruel humans armed with "religion" to justify evil in the name of "God".

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
actually I did tell him and it did make some sense to him! Thanks! He is a Born Again brother and I did not want him thinking God would do that.
Why not though? He did it all throughout the OT and believers don't seem to have an issue with THAT ...

Upvote 0

zaksmummy

Jul 6, 2007
Chesterfield
✟10,866.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Have you thought of getting him to read the story of Job?

Look how the Adversary wanted to destroy Job for being righteous. God would only allow him to go so far and then stop. In the end Job was found to be blameless and was blessed again by God.

You can see this type of situation in most peoples lives, the Adversary tries to steal and destroy, God will only allow him to go so far and the person is them blessed and cared for.

Why would this be any different nationally?

"All things (even bad, horrible, heinous things) work together for good, for those who love God and are called according to his good will and purpose"

The Jewish people were called, lots of good has come out from them, as a whole they love God, how many times has it been prophesied that they have a destiny yet to fulfil?

Upvote 0

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is He Lucifer's?

God Created Lucifer, but Lucifer is no more. When he was tossed out for battling the Lord he was changed in Satan. No longer beautiful and a bright morning star. Satan wants to be God. His army is 1/3 of the angels in heaven who also were changed into demons.

So yes, God was Lucifers God. But Lucifer screwed up and had to find new digs. I think Satan is now Satans God now. (At least to himself)

My God reigns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.