• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What words to use

mshupe1959

Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
Columbia, Tn.
✟12,575.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In all of history, there is only one "you". There never was another and never will be. God created each one of us for a specific, single purpose. God loves each one of us individually. If you were the only one that He needed to die on the cross for, He would still do it. If God created you and loves you that much, He thinks you are that special, and you should also.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The best words are your constant acceptance, affirmation and enjoyment of them. Many people with poor self image have had relationship problems, often family based. They have never been built up and encouraged throughout childhood. That negative beginning needs transforming by constant, healthy relationships with good people.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they're a Christian, tell them that God made them and that He has a purpose for their life.

Something that has made a big impact on my life: "Although I'm not very important, God, for some reason, has taken the trouble to copyright my fingerprints." :)

Upvote 0

DavidD

Jun 3, 2002
Visit site
✟159.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
everything has been said but I would like to add that you help them by reminding them they are special. Even if you do already just continue this. When a person is not loved as they should be it is hard to accept love even God's love. Ask them to tell themselves no matter how they feel that they are special.

Upvote 0