What will you say about why you think you will get into heaven?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
A chaplain asked me this question, while I was in jail, and took me aback...

He actually asked me, "What will you say about why you think you will get into heaven?"

And at first, I could only reply, "Well, not because of anything "I" have done, but only because of what Jesus did..."

But, the question, made me think, and I sent him this reply,

"Only because of what Jesus has done, he died for my sins to present me blameless before the Father on Judgment Day... Although "I" have tried to do, and perhaps have done, many good things/deeds in my life, they are as filthy rags and DO NOT, of their own merit, get me into heaven... Only Jesus Blood, Jesus sacrifice and nailing my sin to die on the cross, taking my just place, in order to present me blameless and justified, before the Father, just as if I never sinned...

All "I" have to do is have faith and "believe"... Believe in the resurrection, Believe in God's word, Believe in the promises, the miracles, the prophecies and all the things that occurred and were spoken by the mouth of prophets, apostles and messengers... Believe that Jesus is alive and with us and in us, in spirit and will one day come again in the flesh on Judgment Day to save the world from it's peril/demise, by judging and doing away with the wicked, filling heaven, and restoring the earth to a paradise...

This is what I will say and why I believe I will get into heaven...

What do you think of this?

God Bless!

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree, as that is what the Gospel truly is: Jesus died for sin in our place so we could have eternal life, and we are united to Him by faith. My only issue is that our final destination is not Heaven, but New Jerusalem on the New Earth, but that's being picky.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A chaplain asked me this question, while I was in jail, and took me aback...

He actually asked me, "What will you say about why you think you will get into heaven?"

And at first, I could only reply, "Well, not because of anything "I" have done, but only because of what Jesus did..."

But, the question, made me think, and I sent him this reply,

"Only because of what Jesus has done, he died for my sins to present me blameless before the Father on Judgment Day... Although "I" have tried to do, and perhaps have done, many good things/deeds in my life, they are as filthy rags and DO NOT, of their own merit, get me into heaven... Only Jesus Blood, Jesus sacrifice and nailing my sin to die on the cross, taking my just place, in order to present me blameless and justified, before the Father, just as if I never sinned...

All "I" have to do is have faith and "believe"... Believe in the resurrection, Believe in God's word, Believe in the promises, the miracles, the prophecies and all the things that occurred and were spoken by the mouth of prophets, apostles and messengers... Believe that Jesus is alive and with us and in us, in spirit and will one day come again in the flesh on Judgment Day to save the world from it's peril/demise, by judging and doing away with the wicked, filling heaven, and restoring the earth to a paradise...

This is what I will say and why I believe I will get into heaven...

What do you think of this?

God Bless!

My reply to him would have been, nothing, people don't go to Heaven.

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lol: Someone agrees with me. However, his post was more concerned with salvation and less so about the destination. He is right about how one is justified before God.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Who do you suppose occupies the new heaven? Where does Christ get subjects/angels from to populate the new heaven? It is written, "Do you not know that we shall judge angels?"

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who do you suppose occupies the new heaven? Where does Christ get subjects/angels from to populate the new heaven? It is written, "Do you not know that we shall judge angels?"
The word "Heaven" in Greek is ouranos, and it is translated as sky in some places. I do not believe that the New Heaven is a remake of the spiritual dwelling place of God, but rather the remake of the universe and such. We will judge angels in the sense that we will be given authority over the angels who sinned, but not necessarily that we will be up in the dwelling place of God literally judging the spirits.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

New earth and new heavens are the earth and the atmosphere. I'm not sure what judging angels has to do with this though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does the rapture refer to?

1 Thessalonians 4:17
Matthew 24:30-31
John 14:3
Philippians 3:20-21

The rapture refers to being caught up in the air with the Lord. Mathew 24 is talking about the atmosphere, which is why He mentions the four winds, not Heaven where God is.

Reactions: Anvil
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The rapture refers to being caught up in the air with the Lord. Mathew 24 is talking about the atmosphere, which is why He mentions the four winds, not Heaven where God is.
What about the other scriptures he quoted?, how can we exist in the atmosphere?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"What will you say about why you think you will get into heaven?"

What must we do to get to Heaven?

Lets for the moment just call it The New Jerusalem to save unnecessary disagreement.(like that's really going to happen :)) Anyway I'll make it there because I believe Christs died for my sins, I accept the offer of salvation and if I walk the narrow road and meet his approval by taking the action to show I love Christ and his ways, as in try not to sin, ask forgiveness when I do, love my neighbor and prove I love my neighbor by feeding/helping the poor or whatever.

Then by the grace of God and his mercy, hopefully I will have passed his test, I overcome, and he'll let me in.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about the other scriptures he quoted?, how can we exist in the atmosphere?

Exist in the atmosphere? The rapture just refers to being caught up with the Lord. It doesn't say one will stay there. Jesus is coming to the earth. So those who are caught up will come back down with Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nick notes

Jul 16, 2016
Florida
✟15,369.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I agree ....nobody is going to Heaven.
I don't believe there exists a clear cut unambiguous Scripture that promises Heaven for the righteous.
But the Bible teaches the future messianic kingdom of God will be on this earth.
Jesus even said...the meek shall inherit the earth.
He got this from Psalm 37
“For evildoers will be cut off,
But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.
Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more;
And you will look carefully for his place, and he will not be there.
But the humble will inherit the land,
And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.”
Psalms 37:9,10,11

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree ....nobody is going to Heaven.
I don't believe there exists a clear cut unambiguous Scripture that promises Heaven for the righteous.
But the Bible teaches the future messianic kingdom of God will be on this earth.
Jesus even said...the meek shall inherit the earth.
He got this from Psalm 37
“For evildoers will be cut off,
But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.
Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more;
And you will look carefully for his place, and he will not be there.
But the humble will inherit the land,
And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.”
Psalms 37:9,10,11

Agreed! There is no passage of Scripture that says people go to Heaven. The idea is inferred from a few passages, but the inferences are not necessary inferences and are in fact wrong.

Upvote 0