✟14,001.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Super Mario Brothers.

I remember thinking how amazing it was to actually be able to make the character move and jump on the screen. It was like playing with an action figure, only I wasn't pretending the figure is moving or jumping, it actually was moving.

I don't know who's house I was at, it someone my parents were visiting, who's kid had a nintendo. i was like 6 years old, and there were a group of other kids around the same age or a little older, all sitting on the floor, looking up at the TV. We all took turns, playing after someone died. I remember I kept dying at the first jump, while everyone could make it with ease. No matter how hard I tried, I always failed, and just could never made it.

The problem? No one told me that holding down the B button would make Mario run faster. The kids just kept letting me die, then taking the controler. Little punks.

But still, I thought Mario was the greatest thing I had ever seen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eucharisted

Nov 24, 2009
United States
✟8,761.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Tony Hawks Pro Skater (the first one) on the PS1.

Without a full explanation it sounds silly, but that game changed my life.

That game is awesome!

Super Mario Brothers.

I remember thinking how amazing it was to actually be able to make the character move and jump on the screen. It was like playing with an action figure, only I wasn't pretending the figure is moving or jumping, it actually was moving.

I don't know who's house I was at, it someone my parents were visiting, who's kid had a nintendo. i was like 6 years old, and there were a group of other kids around the same age or a little older, all sitting on the floor, looking up at the TV. We all took turns, playing after someone died. I remember I kept dying at the first jump, while everyone could make it with ease. No matter how hard I tried, I always failed, and just could never made it.

The problem? No one told me that holding down the B button would make Mario run faster. The kids just kept letting me die, then taking the controler. Little punks.

But still, I thought Mario was the greatest thing I had ever seen.

It is a classic :)

Asteroids (Atari 2600) I remember playing with my best friend one day until we had flipped the scoreboard 9 times and had max lives. We finally just got tired of playing and quit.

I remember that! ^_^

Upvote 0

Eucharisted

Nov 24, 2009
United States
✟8,761.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

One of the most parodied games in history :)

Haunting Starring Polterguy (Megadrive)

I've never heard of that one before.

Missle Command probably, on Atari. My Dad loved that game. Can't believe he sold our old system+games for $5 at a garage sale.

Or that one.

We had Intellivision. Not sure which games we had for it though.

Ah ok :)

Paperboy!

I never beat it :p

Upvote 0

Eucharisted

Nov 24, 2009
United States
✟8,761.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Wolfenstein 3D. My uncle was playing it when I was very young and he let me play it too. Problem was, I was so young so all I did was hold the controller. I didnt even know what a videogame was.

lol We all gotta start somewhere ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eucharisted

Nov 24, 2009
United States
✟8,761.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Pong was mine, but I loved my Intellivision in the early 80's. Amazing how far things have come, BFBC2 is my game now, what a difference.

By leaps and bounds!

Mine was either Tom and Jerry on the gameboy color, or Star Wars: Dark Forces II for the 95/98 PC. I can't recall which was first, but I love both dearly. Great times.

They sound like good games ^^

Upvote 0