What trumpet or seal are we in?

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Fifth seal..

There has been tons of false Messiahs popping up saying they are Jesus , some people are giving up their everything to go be with these liars. And people fall for it, I am not talking children, I'm talking male and female adults, WOW

Fires are running rapidly in Cali and in other parts of USA, and out of USA, floods, earthquakes 100s a day, kingdom against kingdom, wars and rumors of wars, sink holes, do I need say anymore, this is all unfolding right before our eyes just as the Scriptures say.. And Israel has everyone up against them. What more is necessary to qualify?

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Fifth seal..

There has been tons of false Messiahs popping up saying they are Jesus , some people are giving up their everything to go be with these liars. And people fall for it, I am not talking children, I'm talking male and female adults, WOW

Fires are running rapidly in Cali and in other parts of USA, and out of USA, floods, earthquakes 100s a day, kingdom against kingdom, wars and rumors of wars, sink holes, do I need say anymore, this is all unfolding right before our eyes just as the Scriptures say.. And Israel has everyone up against them. What more is necessary to qualify?

We are awaiting the fourth or possibly the third seal, last I heard. But anyway:

"There has been tons of false Messiahs popping up saying they are Jesus"

I used to interpret it that way too. But Yeshua said "people will come saying I AM HE", meaning Christians will come and say that Jesus IS THE MESSIAH, but will teach lawlessness. It is not about people claiming to be the Messiah, it is about people claiming Yeshua/Jesus (correctly) is the Messiah, but denying their testimony through lawless deeds and doctrines.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
If Iran was a big deal in the end-times, they'd probably be mentioned in eschatological prophecy more than they are.

Instead, when it comes to the end times, it appears Tubal, Meshek and Magog, not Elam or Madai or Peres or Tiras, are the more important.

(Elam, Madai, Peres and Tiras are the various Biblical names that apply, or are believed to apply, to what we call Iran.)

We note that Tubal, Meshek and Magog are almost universally correlated, by ancient and (less significantly) modern sources, to non-middle eastern nations, almost always far north of Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
If Iran was a big deal in the end-times, they'd probably be mentioned in eschatological prophecy more than they are.

Instead, when it comes to the end times, it appears Tubal, Meshek and Magog, not Elam or Madai or Peres or Tiras, are the more important.

(Elam, Madai, Peres and Tiras are the various Biblical names that apply, or are believed to apply, to what we call Iran.)

We note that Tubal, Meshek and Magog are almost universally correlated, by ancient and (less significantly) modern sources, to non-middle eastern nations, almost always far north of Israel.
http://www.khouse.org/articles/2014/1199/

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

Visionary, do you hate typing ?

Very often you just let people guess at what you're trying to say, which probably leads to you being misinterpreted alot I'd imagine.

So here's the homework you've given me:

Read through your link and GUESS at what your interpretation of the words in the link is. GREAT !

Now, your link includes at least one reference to Jeremiah's prophecy (Jer. 49) on Elam. I already mentioned that Persia is not a BIG deal in the end-times, but specifically avoided saying that they are not mentioned. So I don't see how a few mentions of Elam would matter, relative to the statement that they are not a big deal, at least as compared to Tubal, Meshek and Magog.

Now, let us see if Jeremiah's prophecy on Elam even has ANYTHING to do with the end-times:

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will break the bow of Elam, the chief of their might.

And upon Elam will I bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven, and will scatter them toward all those winds; and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come.

For I will cause Elam to be dismayed before their enemies, and before them that seek their life: and I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the LORD; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them:

And I will set my throne in Elam, and will destroy from thence the king and the princes, saith the LORD.

But it shall come to pass in the latter days, that I will bring again the captivity of Elam, saith the LORD.

The prophecy - as you can see - actually ends by basically saying "these things described in the verses leading up to the last verse will not occur in the end-times, but prior to the end-times." So this is not an end-time prophecy. It has either occurred in the past already, or maybe it is yet future, but it is not escathological.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Visionary, do you hate typing ?

Very often you just let people guess at what you're trying to say, which probably leads to you being misinterpreted alot I'd imagine.

So here's the homework you've given me:

Read through your link and GUESS at what your interpretation of the words in the link is. GREAT !

Now, your link includes at least one reference to Jeremiah's prophecy (Jer. 49) on Elam. I already mentioned that Persia is not a BIG deal in the end-times, but specifically avoided saying that they are not mentioned. So I don't see how a few mentions of Elam would matter, relative to the statement that they are not a big deal, at least as compared to Tubal, Meshek and Magog.

Now, let us see if Jeremiah's prophecy on Elam even has ANYTHING to do with the end-times:

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will break the bow of Elam, the chief of their might.

And upon Elam will I bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven, and will scatter them toward all those winds; and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come.

For I will cause Elam to be dismayed before their enemies, and before them that seek their life: and I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the LORD; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them:

And I will set my throne in Elam, and will destroy from thence the king and the princes, saith the LORD.

But it shall come to pass in the latter days, that I will bring again the captivity of Elam, saith the LORD.

The prophecy - as you can see - actually ends by basically saying "these things described in the verses leading up to the last verse will not occur in the end-times, but prior to the end-times." So this is not an end-time prophecy. It has either occurred in the past already, or maybe it is yet future, but it is not escathological.
Latter days are not end-times?

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Latter days are not end-times?

Try to comprehend:

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will break the bow of Elam, the chief of their might...and scatter them...and....But it shall come to pass in the latter days, that I will bring again the captivity of Elam, saith the LORD.

If the breaking of the bow is followed by the latter days, then it does NOT occur in the latter days. That's logic.

They are prophecied to be scattered and THEN - when the latter days come - they will be regathered.

Reactions: Elev8
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

Try to comprehend:

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will break the bow of Elam, the chief of their might...and scatter them...and....But it shall come to pass in the latter days, that I will bring again the captivity of Elam, saith the LORD.

If the breaking of the bow is followed by the latter days, then it does NOT occur in the latter days. That's logic.

They are prophecied to be scattered and THEN - when the latter days come - they will be regathered.
But the bow breaking and the scatter will come to pass in the latter days.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
But the bow breaking and the scatter will come to pass in the latter days.

Maybe, I guess, but I strongly think that is not what the text says. It says the "bow" will break, the people scattered, AND THEN, in the latter days, they will return from the scattering. Read closely.

Historically, many Persians were scattered, primarily into India, so we do not necessarily have to project this into the future, unless we want a dual fulfillment, which however is very possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if every prophecy is fulfilled again, in the millennium. But as to the actual phrasing of Jeremiah 49, what it SAYS is what I delineated above.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Maybe, I guess, but I strongly think that is not what the text says. It says the "bow" will break, the people scattered, AND THEN, in the latter days, they will return from the scattering. Read closely.

Historically, many Persians were scattered, primarily into India, so we do not necessarily have to project this into the future, unless we want a dual fulfillment, which however is very possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if every prophecy is fulfilled again, in the millennium. But as to the actual phrasing of Jeremiah 49, what it SAYS is what I delineated above.
not then ... BUT

Upvote 0