Marysmuse

Feb 4, 2009
NY
✟7,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Dr. James Dobson addresses the issue very concisely (and yes, he's a conservative, but he doesn't say "masturbation's a sin" either, in fact he addresses it as being rather morally neutral in itself) on the website, PureIntamicy.org. I'd recommend that website to anyone wondering about (or struggling with) sexual issues.

I just have to say, having read, this board rocks. I didn't expect so much common sense, and was pleasently surprised. :D

Rejoicing in the day,
-Mary

Upvote 0

kem2854

Jul 14, 2009
✟15,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I am new here and I see that this is definitely an old posting. I find it odd that everyone seems to automatically asume that this teen is a boy. Girls touch too. And I do not believe their is anything sinful about it. Every person, at one point or another, has explored their own body.

Upvote 0

MckDawg04

Aug 1, 2004
Canton, OH
Visit site
✟16,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I once heard a minister give the following message in a sermon.

1) The bible does not, as many parents think, teach that masturbation is a sin. The sin was that God told the man, "give your brother's widow a child," and the man had sex with the widow, but "spilled his seed on the ground" to prevent the conception of a child. It was not masturbation. It was "early withdrawal," and the sin was that the man directly defied God's command.
2) Mothers, your boys are sexual beings, with instincts given to them by God. Better he shut his door and stain his sheets than that he get the girl next door pregnant.
3) Yes, looking at a woman with lust is wrong. Stopping masturbation is not going to stop lust. They are not necessarily the same thing.

The congregation was shocked, but the attendance of young people at church sky rocketed.

The attendance is probably because now that church will be known as a place where young people can be open about things.

I think Dr. James Dobson addresses the issue very concisely (and yes, he's a conservative, but he doesn't say "masturbation's a sin" either, in fact he addresses it as being rather morally neutral in itself) on the website, PureIntamicy.org. I'd recommend that website to anyone wondering about (or struggling with) sexual issues.

I just have to say, having read, this board rocks. I didn't expect so much common sense, and was pleasently surprised. :D

Rejoicing in the day,
-Mary

I was a little surprised at the responses as well. Another good site to send a boy to is www.boysunderattack.com.

Very informational site on the topic of masturbation. It's where I got a lot of my knowledge back when I first learned.

Personally I don't have any problems with it. I believe that God gave us masturbation to try and keep those who aren't in a relationship from having sex before marriage.

Teens especially have a hard enough time trying to figure out what their body is going through without having the church or Christians make them feel like bad people for masturbating. Teens need to have a trusted Christian adult that can help them understand how to control their sex drive and not just let it go.

On that note, any teens that come across this are welcome to PM, IM, or e-mail me with any questions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aliix

Jan 17, 2010
✟7,634.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Recently my friends/fellows parents got into a discussion about what Christian parents should do if their teen child has a self-pleasure habit. How do you guys handle it? What if you, say, just see tell-tale signs, such as stains on their underwear? My friend is a single mom and doesn't know what to do.

Well, scientifically and psychologically speaking it is perfectly normal. But bah, what does modern, proven science know compared to a book written 2,000 years ago?

Upvote 0

HisW0rd

Being a mom is God's gift 2 me
Sep 27, 2007
Texas
✟16,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Recently my friends/fellows parents got into a discussion about what Christian parents should do if their teen child has a self-pleasure habit. How do you guys handle it? What if you, say, just see tell-tale signs, such as stains on their underwear? My friend is a single mom and doesn't know what to do.

When my mom found out I touch she treated me like it was the most disgusting thing in the whole world. Didnt stop me from doing it and I personally dont see it as a problem. I am more concern to why he/she is behaving that way. Molestation is what started it for me and that led to more bad decisions in my sexual life. So I would tell your friend to discuss sex with her child to see where his/her mind is at. It might sound wrong but masturbation leads to sex...your thinking about it and your curious

Upvote 0

starry_night

Mar 24, 2010
✟15,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I once heard a minister give the following message in a sermon.

1) The bible does not, as many parents think, teach that masturbation is a sin. The sin was that God told the man, "give your brother's widow a child," and the man had sex with the widow, but "spilled his seed on the ground" to prevent the conception of a child. It was not masturbation. It was "early withdrawal," and the sin was that the man directly defied God's command.
2) Mothers, your boys are sexual beings, with instincts given to them by God. Better he shut his door and stain his sheets than that he get the girl next door pregnant.
3) Yes, looking at a woman with lust is wrong. Stopping masturbation is not going to stop lust. They are not necessarily the same thing.

The congregation was shocked, but the attendance of young people at church sky rocketed.

That is a really good sermon!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

R.A.IN

Daughter of the King!
Oct 16, 2009
✟17,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
better to touch than to have premarital sex. There is no worry about contracting an STD or getting a girl pregnant.

And I can attest to the fact that it's not much fun being the mom of one of the girls they got pregnant.

Upvote 0