Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Handy post. I feel like the high has already worn off and I'm still six months out. Not at all like the "anonymous" author of the letter feels, I just feel locked-in to a routine. I'm fine with that though. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
yep.
the good news is that Advent and Christmas aren't far away.
but yes, Ordinary time is a slog to get through.o_O
it's just sooo....ordinary!:confused:

There's nothing ordinary about Ordinary Time.

I'm thirteen years in and nothing has changed. I'm still a flipped out convert.

A lot of it for me is just a matter of showing up.

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
There's nothing ordinary about Ordinary Time.

I'm thirteen years in and nothing has changed. I'm still a flipped out convert.

A lot of it for me is just a matter of showing up.
I'm glad for you! it sounds like you have a great parrish and a lively Catholic life.:D

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad for you! it sounds like you have a great parrish and a lively Catholic life.:D

My parish is in flux right now with the poor health of our pastor. I've always loved them for their charity, but their orthodoxy is another question. Like the anonymous person in the OP I too was temporarily frustrated with our sloppy liturgies and took a brief look at Orthodoxy. It didn't take long to realize that Roman Catholicism already abundantly offered me everything I ever needed.

Besides, if I had a problem with the liturgies at my parish, as an altar server, I had been put in the perfect position to change that. It's been proven, you can't reform the Church from the outside.

I've had to come to grips with why, after 13 years, Catholicism hasn't lost it's appeal with me. The best of what I can come up with is that what they say about the Sacrament of Confirmation is true and the prayers which were prayed on the night that I was confirmed have been answered.

I'm blessed to live in a Catholic community. I work for a Catholic owned business, where I get to meet lots of priests, religious and Catholic lay people as well as handle a lot of religious art. It's hard for me not to see the constant finger of God working in my life.

Being married to a Catholic woman doesn't hurt either.

It's been said that 98% of success is showing up. I feel the same way about maintaining the fire of faith. It's just a matter of showing up and being open to grace.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith