Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Isn't it wonderful consolation that Christ took out infirmity into mind before founding His Church and priesthood? He knew that we- His priests- woukd grow old, get sick, suffer from the effects of Original Sin which He came to resolve. There were a couple of summers when, back from Rome at my home parish, the pastor would send me over from the chapel each day to help the octogenarian priest he allowed to come everyday for the afternoon Mass...

Continued below.
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2016/10/ask-father-an-old-priest-gets-confused-hard-to-understand/

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Isn't it wonderful consolation that Christ took out infirmity into mind before founding His Church and priesthood? He knew that we- His priests- woukd grow old, get sick, suffer from the effects of Original Sin which He came to resolve. There were a couple of summers when, back from Rome at my home parish, the pastor would send me over from the chapel each day to help the octogenarian priest he allowed to come everyday for the afternoon Mass...

Continued below.
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2016/10/ask-father-an-old-priest-gets-confused-hard-to-understand/
I love this!
He's right, there is something really good about having a retired priest around to help take up the slack. I wish people could see what a blessing it is to have such a model of faithfulness before them--infirm that they are.

to my mind they are living, walking treasures.

and i hope that as more of the priests age that they are treated with the dignity and respect that they deserve. and that while there is breath in their body that they are aided and enabled to serve mass every day as the precious gift that it is and that they are while serving.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0