✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No, Jesús did not permit men kill people, because He said:

'He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her' (John 8:1-11).

Jesus clearly spoke against men killing other men, because He said that who is without sin, throw the first stone, and with these words, Jesus forbid to men killing other men, because all are sinners.
No, that's not the message of that event. Christ was not condemning the act of stoning so much as he was speaking about hypocrisy....that "holier than thou" attitude some people have that says "I'm not a sinner like you!" In fact, we're all sinners. That includes every one of the people who had a stone in their hands no less than the woman caught in adultery they were about to stone.

Getting back to the main point here, however, the Bible certainly does speak approvingly of the authorities (not vigilantes) using the death penalty. The claim that Jesus somehow rejected this is made by people who want to think that of Jesus, but Scripture doesn't give us any evidence of it.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus forbid to men killing other men, because all are sinners.
This is clear; this goes for me, in any case. But I understand that God does use secular authority people to execute evil people.

Upvote 0

Raggedyman

The book of straw 2:26
May 14, 2016
Au
✟8,225.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Jesus forbid CHRISTIANS killing other people
The law of the land, decided by the government has a different opinion

Christians are not the government, they are not the law
If the government chooses, it's their choice

If the government was a Christian theocracy then the question would be valid.
The question is invalid because the government is not christian

It seems people are confusing the Christian church with the government
Gods kingdom is coming, that means it's not here yet, thy kingdom come

And the law God gave mankind allows for the death sentence, not murder

Upvote 0

Raggedyman

May 14, 2016
Au
✟8,225.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
"those who are outside God judges" (in 1 Corinthians 5:13).
Those who are outside of Christ, will suffer the full impact of Gods judgement, as outlined in the Old Testament
Those who are in or out of Christ will suffer the law of the land, or won't
That law is mostly unrighteous, unjust and broken

We as Christians are called not to harm others, even at cost of life, you know that guy Jesus, He led the way
Let's not confuse the government or state with the church

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟366,722.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How do you arrive at that assumption, how do you figure that statement out
I can't for the life of me understand how you can think that

Okay, here is the logic, such as it is. Secular authorities kill people. Christians are forbidden to kill people. Any Christian in a position of secular authority, or even in secular employment is part and parcel of a system which kills people. Therefore, Christians cannot be in any secular employment.

A similar strain of logic has been employed to prohibit Christians from paying taxes because tax money is used to kill people.

Upvote 0

Raggedyman

May 14, 2016
Au
✟8,225.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Okay, here is the logic, such as it is. Secular authorities kill people. Christians are forbidden to kill people. Any Christian in a position of secular authority, or even in secular employment is part and parcel of a system which kills people. Therefore, Christians cannot be in any secular employment.

A similar strain of logic has been employed to prohibit Christians from paying taxes because tax money is used to kill people.
Ahh
Thanks
I get it, it sounds wierd though
How about we Christians all live in a secular world and the secular world kills people
Where is the kool aid ?

The whole idea of the gospel, of the New Testament is that we live in the world, are of it and we are to part of it, obedient to Christ
Of the world but spiritually separate, not physically, well according to the bible I study

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟366,722.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ahh
Thanks
I get it, it sounds wierd though
How about we Christians all live in a secular world and the secular world kills people
Where is the kool aid ?

The whole idea of the gospel, of the New Testament is that we live in the world, are of it and we are to part of it, obedient to Christ
Of the world but spiritually separate, not physically, well according to the bible I study

Yep. I think we both study the same Bible.

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We in Jesus specialize in love and compassion and forgiveness.

But God uses secular people to execute His wrath > Romans 13:4.
You remind us writings of the letters attributed to Paul, but the letters attributed to Paul were distorted by the unlearned, as the Apostle Peter said, who said this:

"our beloved brother Paul wrote to you, according to the wisdom given to him; as also in all his epistles, speaking in them concerning these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the unlearned and unsettled pervert, as also they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. Then beloved, you knowing beforehand, watch lest being led away by the error of the lawless you fall from your own steadfastness. But grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:15-18)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A business selling you food will pay taxes.

Taxes are used for doing good, too. Can't we trust God to use ours for His good?

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I certainly believe so.
You do not teach what the Gospel teaches. Everything what you mention to explain why was not fulfilled the law that commanded to be stoned that woman are just excuses that do not conform to the Gospel, because what Jesus said is this:

'He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her' (John 8:1-11).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟366,722.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You do not teach what the Gospel teaches. Everything what you mention to explain why was not fulfilled the law that commanded to be stoned that woman are just excuses that do not conform to the Gospel, because what Jesus said is this:

So, do you not believe what the poster wrote to me?

Taxes are used for doing good, too. Can't we trust God to use ours for His good?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It seems people are confusing the Christian church with the government
Yes, a point now (tangent to this thread), but yes, people often have confused the Christian ecclesia ('church') with the government:
that's why so many in error think voting is in some way Scriptural or in line with YHWH'S WAY in Y'SHUA.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Look more: ecclesia are called to die; to be set apart; to come out of babylon system; to not be part of it at all;

so that even though we are in the world, we are of CHRIST, not of the world.

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, do you not believe what the poster wrote to me?

Jesus Christ commanded his disciples to give all that they had to the Church.

The first Christians had all the goods in common

".....if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus forbid CHRISTIANS killing other people
The law of the land, decided by the government has a different opinion

Christians are not the government, they are not the law.......
If the governments don't obey what Jesus Christ commands, then they are not well, because the commandments of Jesus Christ are to obey. And Jesus Christ said so:

"He that is not with me is against me, and he that gathereth not with me scattereth". (Matthew 12:30)

Jesus Christ did not come to do all what the governmets command. Jesus Christ discussed with the governmets about the Law.

All Christians must do the same, they must follow the example or Jesus Christ. All Christians must teach the God's Law preached by Jesus Christ in the Gospel.

Upvote 0