What relationship should children have with parents?

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 6 v4
I felt the importance of instilling in my children to always put God first in everything they did. We did prayers and a little Christian lesson every night. Those were the days...
In all things put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success
Proverbs 3

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I know that children are the children of their parents but what should be their relationship be with them?

I am very close to my parents. I do everything with my Dad. I am 39 and my parents are in their 60's. I live with them. We have a very strong bond. We go to church together every sunday. I go for walks with my Dad every day. We go grocery shopping together. We talk about the scriptures daily. My parents are the most important people in my life.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Good testimonies in line and harmony with YHWH'S WORD.
Deuteronomy 6 v4
I felt the importance of instilling in my children to always put God first in everything they did. We did prayers and a little Christian lesson every night. Those were the days...
In all things put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success
Proverbs 3

I am very close to my parents. I do everything with my Dad. I am 39 and my parents are in their 60's. I live with them. We have a very strong bond. We go to church together every sunday. I go for walks with my Dad every day. We go grocery shopping together. We talk about the scriptures daily. My parents are the most important people in my life.

Very few people I meet or know have had 'good' stable family with father and mother present. Most are broken up, dysfunctional, and don't know what to do. They're afraid to tell their own children what to do, afraid to train them in the way they should go,
and if if if not afraid, still don't know how to train them or bring them up, and end up "as if" with no other choice than sending them to let the pagans raise|teach|train them (public school/ tv/ neighborhood others/ society).

Remember then who to call on - who is it written becomes the father of the fatherless, abandoned, orphans ? (YHWH).

YHWH always knows how to do things right. And HE DOES!

• Agree
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Honour is so important! It is essential that we honour others. Children should honour their mother and father. This is the Word of the LORD! Respect,'look up to',appreciate love,support,obey,esteem,value.'In the LORD!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Children should be respectful (Ephesians 6:2)
Parents should not be provocative (Ephesians 6:4)
But be aware that Christ says (Matthew 10:35-37)
I understand what you are sharing,'Inkfingers'. Thank you (Matthew 10:37-38)

Upvote 0