Visit site
✟22,317.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“And said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a PERFECT HEART, and have done, that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.

Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah, saying, Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.”—Isaiah 38:3-5

In recent times God is opening my eyes to the revelation of perfection. And from the encounters I have had personally with God recently, I certainly do agree with the great man of God- David Wilkerson- that there is such thing as a perfect heart.

A few days back, as God dealt with me along the lines of perfection, I referred to the teachings of David Wilkerson in his one of a kind book;Hungry for More of Jesus: Experiencing His Presence in These Troubled Times
ir
. As I read that particular book, I came to a chapter where he talked about The Perfect Heart. And the revelation he shared there is very insightful.

According to him, in one particular occasion, God spoke to his inner man, telling him, that there is such thing as a Perfect Heart. And that he should work towards it. Then after his research, he found out some key attributes that makes a Perfect Heart. Which I totally agree with in the spirit. And I want to share them here, so you can also pursue it (The Perfect Heart).

What Then Makes a Perfect Heart?

1. The Perfect Heart is Searchable“Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”---Psalms 139:23-24
the number one thing that makes a Perfect Heart, is that it always submits itself willingly, for the Holy Spirit to search. And as the Spirit searches and reveals sin from the heart, the heart does not struggle with the truth. But rather, it accepts the truth…

And seeks for instant cleansing, in order to maintain a peaceful relationship with God. And more so, can be able to have a holy boldness before God. On the other hand, the individual, who does not submit his heart for the search of the Spirit, can never come to God in holy boldness- rather, he can only go to God with ‘Bold-Face’.

2. The Perfect Heart is Trusting“Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusted in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge until these calamities be overpast.” Psalms 57:1

Another characteristic of a perfect heart, is absolute trust in God. That unflinching faith in the power and grace of God. Such that when the individual is faced with any form of affliction, he/she does not turn to the right or left hand for help. Just like many so-called believer do…

When they’re challenged, they do not put their total confidence in God for salvation. Instead, they start seeking for help from every source. Including devilish sources. Such hearts are not perfected yet.

3. A Perfect Heart Is Broken

“The sacrifices of God are a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.” Psalms 51:17

Finally, a perfect heart, is the heart that is broken before God. What does that mean? It means each time, he falls into temptation, as he realizes what he has done, he mourns for it. Just as Peter did, when he realized he had denied his master (Jesus).

Then after the mourning, the truly broken heart will take appropriate steps to correct the error as quick as possible. If the individual after mourning for a mistake or error, does not take any substantial step as quick as possible, to right the wrong, then his heart is not truly broken.

True brokenness is validated by the action that follows the mourning or weeping for an error.

So there you have it. There is such thing as a Perfect Heart. But to get a perfect heart, the first step you need to take, is to accept Jesus as your Lord and Personal Savior. He is the only one that can give you a Perfect Heart.

In case you have not accepted Jesus as your Lord and Personal Savior. Or maybe you did before, but now your Christianity has been polluted, and you want to rededicate your heart to Christ- pray this prayer out:

Lord Jesus. I come to you as a sinner. But today, I repent of my sins, and accept you as My Lord and Personal Savior. Wash me with your precious blood, which you shared for me on the cross of Calvary. Write my name in the Lamb’s book of life. From today onwards, I believe with my heart, and confess with my mouth, that I’m a child of God. And I’m saved at last. Thank you Jesus for saving me, In Jesus Name! Amen.

To learn more about the perfect heart, get David Wilkerson: Hungry for More of Jesus: Experiencing His Presence in These Troubled Times

This article was originally posted at www.righteousfaith.net
ir