What kind of things would get you disfellowshipped at your church?

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe in non-legal marriage like the poster above me. But nobody should kick someone out of church for something like that. I suggest you just be a light to that couple and encourage them. And if someone does kick them out for that I say you follow them out the door if you know what I mean. Don't think though that this would happen in every SB church.

I am not bickering with your statement,only pondering the what if?

What if your Church resides in a State that ordained homosexuality in marriage?

After all it is legal in some States.

Kinda puts a new spin on marriage license,and if a Church wants to abide in the state's ideal of legal marriage.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know the policies of the church I'm now going to. This is a new word to me, disfellowship. I think the only reasons someone should be kicked out of the church is if they are a poison in the well. If they are doing something to hurt other people, selling drugs or exploiting people, stealing, that sort of thing then yes. I cannot believe the young couple in the OP have been treated so harshly. I pray they are treated with more love and grace. It sounds like the girl has been through so much. It's so good for her that she even wants to be in a church at 18, that should be encouraged! She should be given guidance and love.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟839,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is what Jesus said:

John: 8. 7. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. - Bible Offline

It seems to me, that's not applying to calling a sin a sin. That's applying to carrying out a punishment for a sin.

For one thing, the woman in question was about to be executed for "adultery," which in that context was any sexual activity outside of marriage. The leaders were calling for Jesus to approve, but where was the man involved? How could they have caught her in the act, without catching him at the same time? Both of them should have been executed, according to Mosaic law. The woman was set up and singled out. Even if she had been flat out guilty, who in good conscience could approve that?

Under the New Testament, no longer Mosaic law, we don't punish each other for sin. Jesus Christ already took the punishment. But we do call sin what it is. :)

Just my take.

Upvote 0