Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thick and wavy. If I wash my hair and don't touch it as it drys, it looks fine, in a "untamed but cute waves" way. When I put a brush to it then it likes to fight back and be all frizzy.

interesting. mine is really thick and wavy too, but if I don't brush/blowdry then it dries all odd-looking I'm stuck wearing a head-cover the rest of the day. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
interesting. mine is really thick and wavy too, but if I don't brush/blowdry then it dries all odd-looking I'm stuck wearing a head-cover the rest of the day. :sorry:

If I blow dry my hair it grows to twice its original volume and then I have to drag out my straightener and attempt to regain my head.

Honestly, I've found that if I just go and have it thinned every 4-6 months then my life is easier.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Amber.ly said:
Thick and wavy. If I wash my hair and don't touch it as it drys, it looks fine, in a "untamed but cute waves" way. When I put a brush to it then it likes to fight back and be all frizzy.

That's usually the only way my hair will look nice too.... It can be annoying having thick hair. :D I actually only brush my hair if it's really tangly or if I have to go somewhere looking really neat. Sometimes people might think the frizziness is neater than unbrushed... I could be wrong though. I always get differing answers from people when I ask them if my hair looks okay. :D
I heard that combs work for people who don't want to brush their hair but I have yet to find a comb that works for my hair...

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Amber.ly said:
Show and tell time!

Obviously the ultimate goal for my hair would be to look like #1 most of the time but the truth is, about 90% of the time its #3 :D

I like number 2 the most! Because it's pretty and it takes the least amount of work. :D Number 1 is pretty too but it seems like it could get annoying spending lots of time drying and staightening it. How do you straighten it by the way?

Reactions: Amber.ly
Upvote 0

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Amber, I really like number 2. Regardless, I think all of the pics look nice. :)

My hair is wavy but the top is often frizzy and it's really annoying sometimes :argh: I have to use oils and stuff to keep it neat and not looking like I just got up from sleep.
Yeah, I use natural oils to help tame the frizz also. :)

Reactions: Amber.ly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's usually the only way my hair will look nice too.... It can be annoying having thick hair. :D I actually only brush my hair if it's really tangly or if I have to go somewhere looking really neat. Sometimes people might think the frizziness is neater than unbrushed... I could be wrong though. I always get differing answers from people when I ask them if my hair looks okay. :D
I heard that combs work for people who don't want to brush their hair but I have yet to find a comb that works for my hair...

get one of these.

139069631.jpg

it "brushes" the hair, but it doesn't leave it all frizzy in the process. Its the only way I can brush or style when I have a perm. works great for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Observer

Observer
Sep 29, 2004
Australia
✟10,101.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have loose curly hair. I have noticed over time that a lot of people with quite straight hair will call their hair wavy/curly just because it's not pin straight, or has a kink somewhere... still straight. lol

All curly/wavy hair will appear frizzy if it's dry or brushed.. if you brush it, you break up the waves/curls, you want them to look defined so don't brush and break them apart.

You can't do any form of permanent straightening (or shouldn't) if your hair is damaged, lightened etc. Also it grows out like anything else. There are keratin treatments that last around 3 months that smoothe out your hair without getting rid of the curls completely, like brazilian blowout, but beware because I have known people to go to places who claimed they were doing this and that it could not damage the hair because it's only coating it, then they actually used straightening chemicals and nondescript jars of things and ruined the people's hair...

Upvote 0