✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
At the same time?

Well, maybe it is more like holding a colored ball that has three colors...past present future. I would not really expect an ant to comprehend bible prophesy, any more than a man to comprehend the full power and nature of God. No one said we need to understand it all.

However we do live in this universe created 6100 years ago (or whatever exact time it may be) that has time in it, at least on and near earth. An hour is an hour here and a day a day. A year is a year. (no use quibbling over exact measures, basically a year is a year)

Time is blended or woven together with space here a certain way with certain results. That is the only way we know time. Science has assumed time is time is time...although they don't really even know what it is! They use that little "T" in the math for so many things, and that stands for time. They also use other letters in maths standing for time in different ways ..like speed, or velocity etc.

We must face the absolute fact that unless time existed exactly as we know it in deep space that almost all cosmology is a foolish fairy tale. No sizes of space objects, or distances are or can be known. This makes science of origins of the universe a true godless fable collection. Cunningly devised fables.

Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Think of it this way: The present, the now, a dimensionless point, is the center of a sphere, and the sphere expands into the past. We see only the past. By the time iinformation reaches our eye and is processed by the brain it is past. Just so, for all our senses.
The present is too close to perceive. By the time we perceive the present it is already the past. By observing the past, with patterns we can discern from the surrounding chaos, we can with some degree of certainty, predict the future, but the future is only what is not yet the past.
In short: The universe is expanding away from us, receding as if from some big bang, into uncertainty as information is lost.

:wave:

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Think of it this way: The present, the now, a dimensionless point, is the center of a sphere, and the sphere expands into the past. We see only the past. By the time iinformation reaches our eye and is processed by the brain it is past. Just so, for all our senses.
In what way does the present extend into the past? If we look at an old shoe, it is right here now. Show us that it extends into the past!

The present is too close to perceive.
Close indeed.

By the time we perceive the present it is already the past.
Well, if we chose to define present as so small a time that we can't comprehend or hardly notice it...maybe. We could take a more sane approach though.

By observing the past, with patterns we can discern from the surrounding chaos, we can with some degree of certainty, predict the future,
No. Predictions based on the present and that depend on things like laws and nature can only be good if that all stays the same. There are limits to your rule.
but the future is only what is not yet the past.

Maybe more than that.
In short: The universe is expanding away from us,
Not unless redshift interpretation which is based on time existing is correct. You don't know.

receding as if from some big bang, into uncertainty as information is lost.
Or as if from being created into expanded time and space. You belief is not the only one. Nor is it proven or evidenced or godly.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Time is the event of change.
Oh? So if there is no change there is no time? You know this how?

If absolutely nothing changed, there would be no time. Timelessness is changelessness.

We can't test your claim. Not unless you stop the world and universe. Sorry, that is belief only.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,928.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We can't test your claim. Not unless you stop the world and universe. Sorry, that is belief only.

How do you know that time passes?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the stars may have been to also regulate or determine time for us somehow.
A few years ago, I was in a synagogue, and I overheard one man ask another, "When is Chanukkah this year?" The other man smiled slyly and replied, "Same as always: the 25th of Kislev." This humorous comment makes an important point: the date of Jewish holidays does not change from year to year. http://www.jewfaq.org/calendar.htm

why so many
Gen 15 5 " He took him outside and said, "Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A few years ago, I was in a synagogue, and I overheard one man ask another, "When is Chanukkah this year?" The other man smiled slyly and replied, "Same as always: the 25th of Kislev." This humorous comment makes an important point: the date of Jewish holidays does not change from year to year. http://www.jewfaq.org/calendar.htm
http://www.jewfaq.org/calendar.htm OK.
Gen 15 5 " He took him outside and said, "Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be."

It is true that one day his descendants will be that many.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Decays happens over time. This is what half life is all about, dating to Ernest Rutherford's discovery of the principle in 1907. All elements with 84 or more protons are unstable; they eventually under go decay. Stable isotopes do not decay.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK.

It is true that one day his descendants will be that many.
I have only seen the stars once. When I was out west and hundreds of miles from the nearest city. For the most part the lights from the cites makes it difficult to see the stars.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Decays happens over time. This is what half life is all about, dating to Ernest Rutherford's discovery of the principle in 1907. All elements with 84 or more protons are unstable; they eventually under go decay. Stable isotopes do not decay.
So? That doesn't mean they will be in the future or that they were in the far past. That is now. In no way does the present decay of anything equal time itself. That is something that happens in time...our present time.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have only seen the stars once. When I was out west and hundreds of miles from the nearest city. For the most part the lights from the cites makes it difficult to see the stars.
Seen the stars once? Maybe a life change is in order.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seen the stars once? Maybe a life change is in order.
Sense you have to be hundreds of miles from the nearest city to really see the stars that is not likely to happen at this point in my life. In fact I do not think there is any place in American East of the Mississippi that you could really see the stars. The lights from the cities prevents that from happening.

7ca61cd6ff8ac63733e6c73380fb9b11.jpg

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So? That doesn't mean they will be in the future or that they were in the far past. That is now. In no way does the present decay of anything equal time itself. That is something that happens in time...our present time.
God created the Laws and He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Jesus came to fulfill the law. He was talking about the Law that was given to Moses but this applies to the laws of the natural world also.

""Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,928.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sense you have to be hundreds of miles from the nearest city to really see the stars that is not likely to happen at this point in my life. In fact I do not think there is any place in American East of the Mississippi that you could really see the stars. The lights from the cities prevents that from happening.

7ca61cd6ff8ac63733e6c73380fb9b11.jpg

A few miles east of Bloomington IL, you can still see the Milky Way. It doesn't take that much distance. I suspect there are quite a few places in West Virginia.

Upvote 0