Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
True but in occult symbolism, its goat horns. In rock concerts, its generally understood they are goats horns, signs of the devil. Remember that the goat counterfeits the lamb. (sheep and goat parable)
lambs horns curl or spiral under, goats horns stick out. They are dangerous to other animals, while lambs horns are generally left on because they pose no threat.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is that hand sign people use on rock concerts. I just made research and found that it is satanic. I have to be honest I used it years ago too but will not ever use it again for sure.

I like a band called Skillet, it is christian rock. But the lead singer shows this sign with his hand on a lot of pictures. I am confused. Is that a bad sign? Maybe he doesn't know what that means?

Some people attack them that they are not christians. But they sing about God, preached the Gorspel, etc. Is it bad to listen to their music because of that sign?

Thanks.

Zolee:

The scriptures don't say the devil has horns, nor is he red and carries a pitchfork...that's what pop culture came up with.
People of God need to search the scriptures and find out what the bible says.
Let's see, in Ezekiel 28:12-18 God describes Lucifer's appearance: “Thus says the Lord GOD, You had the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The ruby, the topaz, and the diamond; The beryl, the onyx, and the jasper; The lapis lazuli, the turquoise, and the emerald; And the gold, the workmanship of your settings and sockets, was in you. On the day that you were created they were prepared. You were the anointed cherub who covers, and I placed you there. You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked in the midst of the stones of fire. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created. Until unrighteousness was found in you.”

Lucifer, it seems is a thing of beauty and was an anointed cherub who stood on one side of God's throne.
He's a cherub...so he's got this striking appearance.
Look over in 2 Corinthians 11: 13-15 the devil who was known as Lucifer, he can appear as an angel of light and it go on to
say that his demons can transform into ministers of righteousness.

Cherub or cherubim are described over in the book of Ezekiel in chapter one...they are pretty unique looking
if they are like scripture says.

People make hand signs or use sign language to communicate, where I live there's
gangs over in the bad part of town and they have taken on certain types of signs and say they mean this or that.
I know we have to be "in the know" but we should also remember that it depends on where a person
is from and that certain hand signs don't mean what they may mean where you or I live.
For example if you say someone is black, you don't mean anything bad by it but around here brown
skin people don't like that, they say African American; however, you can go to another neighborhood
and it's OK to say black there.
People have gotten touchy about words and signs.
You may use the hand sign for I love you in a certain area and nothing is thought bad of it, then you go
somewhere else and make that sign and it is taken to mean something bad...it seems nowadays that
misconception is all over the place. I gave a thumbs up sign to someone with a really nice sports
car and the person acted all offended and say that it wasn't cool to do that?... I don't know, it seems
people are just so on edge and the least thing offends them, it's like they itching to start trouble or something.

If I want to know what a hand sign means, I ask the person making the sign.
It's probably hard to do that with someone who is well known and plays in a band
but surely they have representatives and assistants who manage their website who
could tell you what the hand sign mean.
Scripture also says we can do "fruit inspection".
I got up close and personal with two of the members of the group Avalon, they aren't so popular like
they use to be but I like some of their music so me and my husband went to listen to them a few years
ago when they played at small theatre type place. I got to talk to them for a good bit. I probably
wouldn't go see them in concert again but I still like many of their songs.

I don't follow bands or singers that closely, if music is god honoring I listen to it, even if it got
a rocky beat or whatever. I use to get all into slower type Christian music and say it
was the only thing to listen to...then I found there to be gospel singers who weren't
living godly lives, they put on a good show and all.
One thing I like is the lyrics of songs because the words don't change even if the singer of the song is fake or has fallen
short. Pay attention to the words of the song, are they true? do the words edify or not? Just somethings to think
about when you listen to songs or read their lyrics.

Also, we got to be praying for people, because the devil is very busy trying to wear out the saints of God.

Reactions: Zoleee
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
True but in occult symbolism, its goat horns. In rock concerts, its generally understood they are goats horns, signs of the devil.

It depends on the person's intent. The hand sign itself can symbolize any horns and as someone posted, even to say I love you.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Zolee:

The scriptures don't say the devil has horns,

It comes from the believe that the first seal shows the Antichrist and he has horns of a lamb. Also the beast of Rev 13:1 has horns and is evil. And lastly, Daniel describes the same beast with horns and someone called the little horn which many believe is another reference to the Ac.

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yes for the readers' perspective, not for the actual sign name. Pinky and index finger out and all others, including thumb in.

Just because a team does it, and does it for some reason they are told, doesn't mean that IS what it is for. A lot of people do things that is spiritually dangerous, thinking it is all in good fun. Often times, they say people like me are looking into things too much. Except, when you actually have some knowledge in the occult, white magic and dark magick (with a k,) then it is almost impossible not to see the magical influence these things have - the (emotional, psychological and physical) energy it invokes.

50,000 people all cheering and throwing up a sign they have no real idea of what it means is a powerfull thing. What is more powerful is getting so many people to siphon that energy to you by telling them it is something benign. I am from Texas but my parents told me at a young age not to throw up the sign. I found out why in my 20s. You don't have to practice magick to be exploited by magick
Just want to point out that magick with a k is just an archaic spelling of magic with a c. Its the same word, its not really suddenly malevolent when you add a k and innocuous without it.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just want to point out that magick with a k is just an archaic spelling of magic with a c. Its the same word, its not really suddenly malevolent when you add a k and innocuous without it.

Magick with a k is used to differentiate stage magic from dark arts. Dark magick vs. Light magic.

The narrative is there is no sinister difference, which is one of many distractions of real, dark Magick - to hide in plain sight through an incredulous arsenal.

Magick is very real, and very powerful.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
in rock bands its generally considered to be the sign of the devil horns, not 'i love you' with the thumb facing out.

The peace sign, or v for victory or 'bunny ears' is different.

Here is from wiki one of the popularizers of the devils horn hand sign - a heavy metal band.

From a 2001 interview with Ronnie James Dio on Metal-Rules.com:

Metal-Rules.com – "I want to ask you about something people have asked you about before but will no doubt continue to talk about, and that is the sign created by raising your index and little finger. Some call it the "evil eye." I would like to know if you were the first one to introduce this to the metal world and what this symbol represents to you?"

R.J. Dio – "I doubt very much if I would be the first one who ever did that. That's like saying I invented the wheel, I'm sure someone did that at some other point. I think you'd have to say that I made it fashionable. I used it so much and all the time and it had become my trademark until the Britney Spears audience decided to do it as well. So it kind of lost its meaning with that. But it was.... I was in Sabbath at the time. It was a symbol that I thought was reflective of what that band was supposed to be all about. It's NOT the devil's sign like we're here with the devil. It's an Italian thing I got from my Grandmother called the "Malocchio". It's to ward off the Evil Eye or to give the Evil Eye, depending on which way you do it. It's just a symbol but it had magical incantations and attitudes to it and I felt it worked very well with Sabbath. So I became very noted for it and then everybody else started to pick up on it and away it went. But I would never say I take credit for being the first to do it. I say because I did it so much that it became the symbol of rock and roll of some kind."[11]

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoleee
Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
If there is a picture of them showing when they did this can you post it. Yes the two signs look similar.
But just looking at generic pics of them online They dont look much different from secular rock bands just cleaner cut.
I noticed with Newsboys, a supposedly christian band, start singing about God as if hes a lion when in the bible the lion is actually the devil.

I dont like this. Same with amy grant, supposedly christian but then she goes and commits adultery and says its ok. I mean maybe they dont know, or maybe the music industry wants to market them in a way that appeals to everyone.
CCM never appealed to me when I became a christian because it just sounded the same as worldly music and used the same marketing methods.

Jesus is referred to the conquering Lion of Judah in Revelation (Revelation 5:5-6) and within the same paragraph the lamb who was slain. It's because back when Israel (Jacob) was blessing his sons, he called Judah a lion cub and prophesied that the Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah and rule over the nations.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes for the readers' perspective, not for the actual sign name. Pinky and index finger out and all others, including thumb in.

Just because a team does it, and does it for some reason they are told, doesn't mean that IS what it is for.
It does so in this case since the UT usage is older than these other uses and is not derived from them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Mano Cornuto, the hand sign in question, is ancient.
I was referring to the 'Hook 'em Horns!' sign, particularly in relationship to the rock music, magic, etc. versions that some think, wrongly, led to its use at the University of Texas.

Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is that hand sign people use on rock concerts. I just made research and found that it is satanic. I have to be honest I used it years ago too but will not ever use it again for sure.

I like a band called Skillet, it is christian rock. But the lead singer shows this sign with his hand on a lot of pictures. I am confused. Is that a bad sign? Maybe he doesn't know what that means?

Some people attack them that they are not christians. But they sing about God, preached the Gorspel, etc. Is it bad to listen to their music because of that sign?

Thanks.

What is the sign...what it looks like I mean.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was referring to the 'Hook 'em Horns!' sign, particularly in relationship to the rock music, magic, etc. versions that some think, wrongly, led to its use at the University of Texas.

I would love to say that Texas college "hook em horns" is occult (it still may actually be occult in nature...)

But, yes really it likely has to do with the longhorn cattle Texas is known for. So I think I misunderstood you earlier.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If skillet is a band that comes from Texas and supports the sports team there, give them the benefit of the doubt. If they are showing I love you hand signs with the thumb facing out then thats ok.

But if they are just copying other rock bands with the devils horn sign then, meh. I wouldn't bother, they just another sheep in wolves clothing run of the mill christian rock group like all the others.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lambs don't have horns.

Yes Lambs have horns.

Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

The pointy things on the lambs head are horns.

2393405_e27def51.jpg

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It comes from the believe that the first seal shows the Antichrist and he has horns of a lamb. Also the beast of Rev 13:1 has horns and is evil. And lastly, Daniel describes the same beast with horns and someone called the little horn which many believe is another reference to the Ac.

The idea that the devil has horns is a rather late medieval artistic depiction in the West, where certain pagan figures came to be appropriated to illustrate the devil. The largest influence was probably Pan, which is also where the devil having goat legs and hooves was taken--and these images likely were responsible for later occultists concocting the image of baphomet--the name baphomet itself likely originating as a corruption of the name Muhammad (compare the old term Mahomet and others).

Earlier art typically would illustrate the devil as a dark, shadowy deformed angel,

359_big.jpg

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,291.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes Lambs have horns.

Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

The pointy things on the lambs head are horns.

2393405_e27def51.jpg
This is not a lamb, it is a yearling ram, once shorn. (I'm a former farm guy).

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.