Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you for being kind in return about it.
May God bless you.
And may His peace fill you this fine day.

hahaaaaaa i was thinkin' that the pillow you posted out-shines the pillow i got in my siggie in significance.....and that i'd keep both of 'em....in that 'tis good to have nutty friends too, as they are a blessing from God.

:D

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Why not read the whole story? Yes, it is by grace, through faith. But you are leaving out faith without works is dead. Faith WORKS BY LOVE! Read what James says about love.

James 1
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food,
16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

What is it about a dead faith that you don't understand?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Wolfe
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm, I do not like that one.

But this one from Isaiah 11:6 is a much better fit for you, my friend.

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb..." (Isaiah 11:6).

In other words,

8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you."
(Philippians 4:8-9).

Reactions: Wolfe
Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Matthew 12:22-37
What did Jesus mean by blaspheming the holy spirit? I know it was in context of the pharisees attributing his works to satan, but could we today commit this sin?
If someone, was once a christian, but then stopped believing, rejecting Jesus, and hating him (Cussing, slander, etc), but then later on down the road he has an epiphany and changes his heart,mind and soul. to live a life for God, truly repents, and accepts Jesus into his life. Could he be saved or is it too late?
Basically my question is:
Is there any point, in any ones life, that they cannot repent and be saved? Regardless of what they have done or said about the trinity?

Is this post http://www.gotquestions.org/blasphemy-Holy-Spirit.html correct in saying that we cannot commit this sin, as it is stated in matthew, and the only way to commit it, is to die an unbeliever?

I apologize if this is the wrong place to put this, and if it is, let a mod move it, or lock it, and let me know where to post it. This was just the most relevant sub forum I could find, as it pertains to salvation, and if we can lose it.
This is a huge question.

First, "got questions," does identify the context of the unforgivable sin correctly as rejecting he HS' work of convicting us of sin and Jesus' as the only way of salvation.

Security of the believer is a controversial issue.

There are strong cases on both sides. I do think the best explanation of the scriptural data pleading that we persevere in the faith, and not fall away as others have done (and Paul names names), is strong and only explicable on loss of salvation by rejecting Christ's work on the cross and refusing to bow the knee. I have had several friends in Christ do this very thing. Some have returned, some have not.

I would also agree with "got questions," that we have until we die. Traditionally Heb. 9:27 is used to support that view.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems, though, that if we look at how the incident is described in Mark's Gospel, Christ meant something specific in reference to blaspheming the Spirit. My own understanding would lean towards the possibility that blaspheming the Spirit refers specifically to attributing Christ's miracles while on earth to evil spirits, or to Satanic power. Not simply saying hateful or rude things about the Spirit, or even apostasy.

But my Soteriology is a bit unique. I reject Sola Fide, and hope in Universal Reconciliation. This tends to color how I view passages relating to salvation.

Upvote 0