What is the story behind your username

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maid Marie

Zechariah 4:6
Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
I usually pick a variant of Susie such as Suzy Wuzy [a friend's nickname for me] or Susie Q but this time I decided to be different. Since it was Advent, I was listening to Advent/Christmas music and had on an old song called "Blessed be that Maid Marie." So I decided for this group I would be Maid Marie. My real name is Susan.

Reactions: 1Sam24:12
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yahu is Hebrew for Jehu, the man that had Jezebel cast down which means 'Yah is He' or 'He is Yah' while Yah is the short form of the Hebrew name of God.

Ps 68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH (Yah in Hebrew), and rejoice before him.

My calling is in battling Jezebel. In my 20s I had a conflict with the prime candidate to be the next worldwide high priestess of Asthoreth, the goddess of Jezebel. She, her coven and followers ended up in prison or dead as a result of that conflict.

I got called to play the role of Elijah to her Jezebel. The Hebrew for Elijah is also Eli-Yahu ('mighty in Yah is He').

Unfortunately I lost my wife as a result of that conflict.

So I chose a name that is based on my calling under the spirit and power of Elijah. But just like John the Baptist who had the same type of calling, Jezebel has been my constant nemesis although I did survive the conflict at least this long.

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I chose Peripatetic because it means wandering form place to place. My mind often gets restless, and just keeps wandering and trying to figure things out - probably too much sometimes! :)

I hope to be like my tagline, "restless mind, peaceful soul", but I will admit that my soul isn't always at peace either.

Upvote 0