Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I created mine on CF, and I'm glad it survived the move. i like the sky because it looks like a portal is open, and I love hand drums.... Hard to see on this tiny version, but I think I'm holding a microphone (or my character is, LOL), because I am a singer/worship-leader.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but my new avatar is a photo of my little brother, Andrew. :)

It sounds very unremarkable but it's taken me over 45 years to publicly acknowledge him, because he died just before his 2nd birthday, (I was 4) and for years the memories were just far too painful.
I love this photo.
Once remembered, never forgotten.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,524.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Once remembered, never forgotten.

True.
I feel I should tell people that I've got 4 brothers. I don't, but he is still part of the family.

Look forward to seeing him one day. :)

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
I created mine on CF, and I'm glad it survived the move. i like the sky because it looks like a portal is open, and I love hand drums.... Hard to see on this tiny version, but I think I'm holding a microphone (or my character is, LOL), because I am a singer/worship-leader.

you are fortunate yours survived the move, unfortunately mine didn't :(

Upvote 0

Messy2

Sep 20, 2015
✟871.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Finally found a nice avatar. It's messy.

During Corrie’s presentations to audiences, she would often hold the back side of a piece of embroidery (pictured), with hundreds of tangled threads hanging from it. Many wondered if she was holding up the wrong side by mistake. As she held up the messy side of the embroidery she would ask...

“Does God always grant us what we ask for in prayer? Not always. Sometimes He says, ‘No.’ That is because God knows what we do not know. God knows all. ...Look at this piece of embroidery. The wrong side is chaos. But look at the beautiful picture on the other side – the right side.”

Triumphantly she flipped the cloth over and revealed an elaborately embroidered crown – symbolizing our crown of eternal life. The crown was intricately stitched, and had threads of many colors, including gold, silver and pearls.

“We see now the wrong side, God sees His side all the time. One day we shall see the embroidery from His side, and thank Him for every answered and unanswered prayer.”

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

King Mob

Oct 19, 2012
✟15,968.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
My avatar is lismore lighthouse, Lismore being a very beautiful Scottish Island I have many happy memories of.

http://www.southernhebrides.com/isle-of-lismore/

God Bless You :)

Mines is of a graphic novel character who heads a band of renegade time travelers. King Mob, indulges in hallucinogenic drugs, hardcore sex and frequently practices chaos magic!! My kind o guy!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mines is of a graphic novel character who heads a band of renegade time travelers. King Mob, indulges in hallucinogenic drugs, hardcore sex and frequently practices chaos magic!! My kind o guy!!!
this used to be a christian forum

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zugzwang

Feb 28, 2006
✟17,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've had this avatar on other sites. I know I haven't used it here till recently, but...

The red & white iron cross symbol in the eye represents the Umbrella Corporation. In video game history they are probably the most evil company in existence. (Unless you love half-life & refer to Black Mesa, but you wouldn't want to get involved in a nerd fight lol)

It being within an eye, is the eyeball of Alice, at the end of Resident Evil :Apocalypse. She's basically a living bio-weapon.

In short, its a symbol to me, a constant reminder, of how truly evil this world is. (Much like monsanto & gmo foods)

Some ppl have pics of doves or Jesus on their things, I have this stuff to remind me never give up, they're still around.

Upvote 0