Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My current avatar is one of the prayer bracelets I have been making, which I give to other people to let them know I have prayed for them.
All the colours have a meaning, and I wrote the poem.

Pink - healing
Red - love
Aqua - water of the Spirit
Yellow - joy
Emerald - mercy
Rose pink - God’s loving care.

May God grant healing and make you whole,
may the love of Jesus touch your soul.
May the water of God revive every part,
may the joy of the Lord fill your heart.
May God, in his mercy, hear this prayer,
may the Father keep you in his loving care.

I'm working on bookmarks for the men.
PS: Have you written any more poetry? :)

Upvote 0

YESLORDIWILL

Have you not read? 1Sa 20-22, Ps 52
Oct 12, 2012
✟11,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I chose 2 flowers because I know I cannot do it on my own. Before the CF upgrade, on my profile page, I had a picture of hundreds of these flowers, symbolizing that we're in this together, and it's going to take us all...:rolleyes: but, the profile pictures are gone for now

Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,013.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PS: Have you written any more poetry? :)

Quite a bit, but I'm not sure it's very good, or what poets would call poetry.

Years ago I was invited to a poetry group, and we each had to take along something that we'd written. I didn't understand any of the other poems - seriously. They were all discussing the imagery, theme and so on, and I was thinking, "you what?"
Anyway. I had taken something that I'd written that was humorous and in verse, and I'm afraid that I lied and insisted that I'd forgotten to bring anything with me.

About 15 years ago, though, I won 3rd prize in a national poetry competition - nonsense verse section!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I 3D modeled my shield years ago when we were lobbying to create the Word of Faith faith icon for CF. It was too detailed for a faith icon, so I used it as my avatar, Alpha and Omega.

:cool:
reminds me of "pilgrims progress " when i see it :)

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
God surrounds me, walks with me, is my strength protection and guide (amazingly He is all of this a strong Presence in my life even when I fail and am not strong - He is the strength of my heart and my portion forever Ps 73). Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you. Heb 13:5

Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
When I was a bit younger, I wanted a tattoo that looked like a blowing Canadian flag. When I found this, I have used this ever since.

I ended up getting a Canadian and Israel flag crossing, but it wasn't blowing, so I had it covered, and now I just love it.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When I was a bit younger, I wanted a tattoo that looked like a blowing Canadian flag. When I found this, I have used this ever since.

I ended up getting a Canadian and Israel flag crossing, but it wasn't blowing, so I had it covered, and now I just love it.
Hi, fellow Canuck! The Maple Leaf flag is 50 years old this year!

So do you have any/ any other visible ink now?

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi, fellow Canuck! The Maple Leaf flag is 50 years old this year!

So do you have any/ any other visible ink now?

Blessings.

Yes, but none with Canadian heritage. It's a cross with a robe, crown of thorns, a dove, eagles and my kids names. Look for the tattoo thread here, it's a bazillion pages long but I think it's in there. But only visible when my sleeves are rolled up My Avatar was what I wanted on my tattoo.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but none with Canadian heritage. It's a cross with a robe, crown of thorns, a dove, eagles and my kids names. Look for the tattoo thread here, it's a bazillion pages long but I think it's in there. But only visible when my sleeves are rolled up My Avatar was what I wanted on my tattoo.
I'll check it out... :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,013.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but my new avatar is a photo of my little brother, Andrew. :)

It sounds very unremarkable but it's taken me over 45 years to publicly acknowledge him, because he died just before his 2nd birthday, (I was 4) and for years the memories were just far too painful.
I love this photo.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Forgive me for resurrecting an old thread, but my new avatar is a photo of my little brother, Andrew. :)

It sounds very unremarkable but it's taken me over 45 years to publicly acknowledge him, because he died just before his 2nd birthday, (I was 4) and for years the memories were just far too painful.
I love this photo.
Nothing wrong with reviving a thread. :)

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0