What is the most IMPORTANT quality of a true Christian ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Biblically, above all else, we are to pursue Love
bouquet.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
loving God with all our mind, all our soul, all our body, and all our strength would be the most important quality. my church calls that being fully devoted to God.

if we do that first, then the light of God that is within us will shine out into a dark world. And it is in the strength and fullness of that love for God that we will go and do and teach and love and care for others.

but if we go and do and teach and love and care, without first being established, rooted, and grounded in the love of God..........

then we go with good intentions, but totally unprepared for what we face.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mercy.

Love is important, but it can exist without mercy. Mercy cannot exist without love because it is an extension of love. If you have mercy, you also have love, and the natural manifestation of mercy produces works.
:thumbsup: I agree! Great post and great insight! :clap:

On the mount, Moses asked God to show him his glory. God said that not only will He show him this but that He will proclaim his name to him.

Exodus 34:6, And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, Merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth

I don't think it is by accident that the first quality God chose to proclaim his name to be was mercy and then followed by grace. Even the children of disobedience can have and share love. What should always set us apart from them is our mercy and grace towards each other and them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.