ConqueredbyLove

Jul 8, 2008
Northern California
✟803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is God's ultimate plan just for us to hang out with him and be friends and maybe play some boardgames for all eternity? I've heard we were made to worship.... but I mean for all eternity...??

I cannot imagine anything better! Just the thought of seeing His face...:swoon:

Actually, our "purpose" is to bring glory to Him :)

Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
Isaiah 43: 7

Upvote 0

CalmRon

Aug 20, 2009
Western New York
✟8,747.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is God's ultimate plan just for us to hang out with him and be friends and maybe play some boardgames for all eternity? I've heard we were made to worship.... but I mean for all eternity...??

is this such a bad thing friend? but I once had that thought- that heaven will be boring; then I realized that I wasn't looking at this correctly I was thinking about my own personal ways and what I'd need to give up and how boring my time on earth would because of what I would need to give up and comparing that to what my eternal experience would be. a few verses that may focus you thinking

1corinthians 2:9 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--

romans 8:18-25

18I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

these are promises that things will be far better than we can imagine.:)

Upvote 0

jimmyl

Mar 18, 2009
✟15,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Considering we have all eternity before us and we are talking about an infinite God, I don't think we can say, "This is what God's plan is for all eternity," considering what has and hasn't been revealed. We know what God's plan is for the world in this life, but very little has been revealed to us beyond that. Really, that's enough to be getting on with for now. As far as what God's plans are after this world is over and done with or what exactly our part will be in it, *shrug*

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The meaning of life constitutes a philosophical question concerning the purpose and significance of human existence or biological life in general. This concept can be expressed through a variety of related questions, such as Why are we here?, What's life all about? and What is the meaning of it all? It has been the subject of much philosophical, scientific, and theological speculation throughout history. There have been a large number of answers to these questions from many different cultural and ideological backgrounds.

The meaning of life
is deeply mixed with the philosophical and religious conceptions of existence, consciousness, and happiness, and touches on many other issues, such as symbolic meaning, ontology, value, purpose, ethics, good and evil, free will, conceptions of God, the existence of God, the soul, and the afterlife. Scientific contributions are more indirect; by describing the empirical facts about the universe, science provides some context and sets parameters for conversations on related topics. An alternative, human-centric, and not a cosmic/religious approach is the question "What is the meaning of my life?" The value of the question pertaining to the purpose of life may be considered to be coincidal with the achievement of ultimate reality, if that is believed by one to exist.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Upvote 0

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Life has no meaning to those who have no purpose in life.

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Three passions have governed my life:
The longings for love, the search for knowledge,
And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind].

Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness.
In the union of love I have seen
In a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision
Of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined.

With equal passion I have sought knowledge.
I have wished to understand the hearts of [people].
I have wished to know why the stars shine.

Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens,
But always pity brought me back to earth;
Cries of pain reverberated in my heart
Of children in famine, of victims tortured
And of old people left helpless.
I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot,
And I too suffer.

This has been my life; I found it worth living.

~ Bertrand Russell

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Upvote 0

homewardbound

Sep 8, 2004
Sweet Home Alabama
✟10,169.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

You have a limited view of God.

Please don't take that as an insult, though....so do I and everyone else here. None of us can truly comprehend the word "infinite". But if you want to noodle on it, consider One who is infinite in His justice, love, majesty, power, intellect, and....well, you get the picture. No one can really wrap their head around it. That's our God.

God made us because it pleased Him. Our purpose is simply to do that which brings him glory. Worship is part of it, but there is much, much more.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

sungaunga

Jul 10, 2009
✟27,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

hey Donny, I don't think there is a believer who never seriously contemplated the issue of eternity. But don't worry, God has an infinite mind and we do not. I'm sure God in his infinite wisdom will cause our minds from ever saying "boring." And we will worship him forever and ever. Trust me, it won't be boring.

By the way, my goal in life is to find, follow, and fulfill God's Will and to Glorify him. I got a long way to go but I'm striving daily.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums