What is the greatest evidence against the theory of evolution...?

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,291.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
You are intelligent, would you do that?
Many humans have, out of desperation or unusual cultural quirks.

There's no evidence they were any less intelligent then us.

I think you do understand. We cook our food, chimp does not. Why?
It's easier to eat cooked food, but we could survive without it. Chimps are not as intelligence as us, and they have not mastered even the basics of fire.

Why are you ignoring what everyone is saying?
We know humans are more intelligent then all the other animals, WHY is that evidence for it not being an evolved trait?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Many humans have, out of desperation or unusual cultural quirks.

There's no evidence they were any less intelligent then us.

It's easier to eat cooked food, but we could survive without it. Chimps are not as intelligence as us, and they have not mastered even the basics of fire.

Why are you ignoring what everyone is saying?
We know humans are more intelligent then all the other animals, WHY is that evidence for it not being an evolved trait?
It's been seriously weeks since I asked this question. Still no coherent answer?

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟924,291.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
It's been seriously weeks since I asked this question. Still no coherent answer?
At this point I'll take an incoherent answer. At least that would be something to discuss.

It's just been repetitions of the fact that humans are smarter then animals (which in essence isn't disputed) with some weird asides about how much more intelligent humans are.

I'm suddenly struck by the irony of using the massively primitive metric of "We can kill and eat them." as a way to brag about our intelligence and superiority. (I guess he doesn't want to praise science while wanting to deny most of its conclusions in the next breath.)

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
why again that descartes?!, why must we necessarily follow descartes or reconcile ourselves to his philosophy instead of thinking clearly?!, and what kind of sick idea is to assume that only we are living (be)souled beings while all others are unsouled robots?! (this reminds me of a scene of one movie in which a caveman dropped/threw stones on/at the leg of another caveman who cried out in pain, as if he thought that man is not a living human being)

Blessings
Well, we are getting way, way off topic here. A thorough discussion of Descartes belongs in a whole other thread. Nobody says you have to follow Descartes. Some one here made a reference to Descartes and I was just explaining what he meant by "Je pense, donc je suis." Then I received some questions and tried to answer them.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't see any animals can even remotely threat us based on their intelligence. This is very very unusual.
we already killed them all. and now that we live in nearly all environments, natural selection pressures promoting intelligence like ours no longer exist in species other than our own. if our ancestors had stayed in Africa, there probably would be multiple species as intelligent or maybe more intelligent than us.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think you do understand. We cook our food, chimp does not. Why?
-_- chimps can cook. there are even birds that brilliantly use the sun to roast insects that would otherwise be so full of parasites as to be inedible. Most of the foods chimps eat don't need to be cooked for them, because they have a digestive system that is more competent than ours in fighting off parasites and digesting tough vegetation and raw meat.

Furthermore, you were taught how to cook. the majority of humanity has never had to figure out how to do it on their own. Do you know how to grind grain and make pasta from it? Well, I guess you are as intelligent as a chimp then if you don't (according to your logic). Chimps can learn how to do it, and remember it, so can you. That chimps have digestive systems that make it unnecessary for them to do so, and thus have no incentive to figure it out, is the reason why it's uncommon for them. Not because they aren't smart enough. Basic cooking is not a difficult task.

Also, you ignored the part of my post that was the most important: the fact that you have to provide actual evidence that human intelligence is such a special trait that unlike any other trait in any other living thing, it demands a designer. You just keep claiming it is special, and the few reasons why you provide are completely outrageous. Obviously, on any planet with animal-like organisms, there is going to be one that is overall the "most intelligent", that's inevitable. That has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not intelligence can evolve. Even if the second smartest species living alongside us was as intelligent as an ostrich, that means absolutely nothing in terms of whether or not intelligence can be a trait that forms via evolution.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Intelligence has nothing to do with. It's all to do with circumstance. Many carnivorous and omnivorous animals across the world will not actively engage in cannibalism, but only if the situation leaves them with no other alternative but to eat one of their own.

We can subdue any animal. That is what intelligence is.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
we already killed them all. and now that we live in nearly all environments, natural selection pressures promoting intelligence like ours no longer exist in species other than our own. if our ancestors had stayed in Africa, there probably would be multiple species as intelligent or maybe more intelligent than us.

If so, why aren't other animals become more intelligent at much earlier time? Did they have survival pressure?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, we are getting way, way off topic here. A thorough discussion of Descartes belongs in a whole other thread. Nobody says you have to follow Descartes. Some one here made a reference to Descartes and I was just explaining what he meant by "Je pense, donc je suis." Then I received some questions and tried to answer them.

as far as i can remember i did not say "je pense, donc je suis", first, because i did not quote descartes, second, i do not speak french

Blessings

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
as far as i can remember i did not say "je pense, donc je suis", first, because i did not quote descartes, second, i do not speak french

Blessings
Also, you don't know how to properly capitalize and punctuate, either. Anyhow, I never said you did know French. I read Descartes in French, so I am responsible for the "je pense, donc je suis." Anyhow, so what? Either you or someone else first brought up Descartes and I was simply responding to that. I am also aware we have gotten off topic here.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You can subdue a person too.
I have to ask: are you being deliberately or just arguing for the sake of arguing?

OK, here is the point against what you said:
When we subdue a person, the difference in intelligence is small.
When we subdue an animal, the difference in intelligence is huge.
They are fundamentally different.
Can any animal participate in a presidential election?

Upvote 0