Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The Good News is that what Moses in the law and the prophets wrote about is hear. What did Moses and the prophets write about? Messiah. The TaNaK points to Messiah.
Reminds me of this;
John 5
39 You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I said or meant sort of a similar thing when I quoted John 1:45 some posts ago. And honestly it's not about obedience to the Torah of Moses.

Mark 1:15
“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

The Good News is that what Moses in the law and the prophets wrote about is hear. What did Moses and the prophets write about? Messiah. The TaNaK points to Messiah.
Messiah is the good news? The good news is that Messiah has come? As promised?

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Quite a vague response, don't you think? Being a Jew, having performed Torah service for years within a congregation I have to assume you are eluding to the Torah scroll? This is what you believe the gospel/good news is? The Torah given Moses?
By "It's the BIG Torah! Hello ..." am referring to the BIG Picture as there are Messianic references to the coming of the Messiah (G-d's Salvation) throughout the entire TaNaKh. So, I presume you are looking for MJs to post scriptures from both the TaNaKh (e.g. Isaiah 53) and the Brit Chadash. The BIG Torah is the Teaching Instruction of our Heavenly Father found throughout the Hebrew Bible.

So, instead of just posting Brit Chadash verses such as John 1:29, or verses from Hebrews (e.g. 9:12-13), we (MJs) would be remiss if not making mention of TaNaKh scriptures referencing the Good News of G-d's Salvation ... scriptures found in every book of the Bible. That's what was meant by "It's the BIG Torah! Hello ..."

Have a most joyous Thanksgiving as we come together, ever thankful for His Loving Goodness (the BIG Torah).

Last edited:
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

big macher

Jewish Believer
Oct 8, 2015
✟8,126.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think our next good news is He is coming back. He will be victorious, and we will be entering into His millennium kingdom. We will be at His Wedding Supper. And All our tears will be wiped away.

The way I see it the Messianic age isn't 'the end of it all', it's not eternity. Whatever a heavenly and spiritual kingdom is I think is the goal but I don't think a heavenly and spiritual kingdom is the Messianic Age. And no I'm not saying we'll be floating on clouds and playing harps.

But I do believe the Messianic Age is necessary where God will completely fulfill His promises to Eretz Israel.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The Messianic age refers to the time when Messiah himself comes to rule Israel. It's a very physical nation that is ruled by the Spirit and God himself. The Messianic Age refers to the redemption and restoration of the nation of Israel.

Can either of you find verses associating the Messianic age with the gospel?

Upvote 0

big macher

Jewish Believer
Oct 8, 2015
✟8,126.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The Messianic age refers to the time when Messiah himself comes to rule Israel. It's a very physical nation that is ruled by the Spirit and God himself. The Messianic Age refers to the redemption and restoration of the nation of Israel.

Can either of you find verses associating the Messianic age with the gospel?

No cause I don't think the Messianic Age is the Gospel because it's not the end result but part of the process if that makes sense. It's bigger than that.

Prob not the answer. What's your premise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think our next good news is He is coming back. He will be victorious, and we will be entering into His millennium kingdom. We will be at His Wedding Supper. And All our tears will be wiped away.
Scripture referencing the good news so as to define the gospel please.

The gospel refers to Messiah's second coming?

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Prob not the answer. What's your premise
It was a good answer to my question. I'm not looking to propose anything, nor am I trying to draw a conclusion. I simply would like to study scriptural references of the good news so as to define the gospel. It's that simple.

What is the good news/gospel as defined by scripture.

Upvote 0

Sheeple Shepherd

Nov 21, 2015
✟15,454.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was a good answer to my question. I'm not looking to propose anything, nor am I trying to draw a conclusion. I simply would like to study scriptural references of the good news so as to define the gospel. It's that simple.

What is the good news/gospel as defined by scripture.
The 'good news' was that the 'gentile' (Israel) could now enter into the faith, the 'jewish' faith as you would know it.
The 'good news' was that others, not just the jew, could receive or have hope in salvation.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you going to participate?
I just did ... You were the one that enquired about my previous post so I participated with the following that including a couple translated writings of the Apostles ... John 1:29 and Hebrews 9:12-13.

By "It's the BIG Torah! Hello ..." am referring to the BIG Picture as there are Messianic references to the coming of the Messiah (G-d's Salvation) throughout the entire TaNaKh. So, I presume you are looking for MJs to post scriptures from both the TaNaKh (e.g. Isaiah 53) and the Brit Chadash. The BIG Torah is the Teaching Instruction of our Heavenly Father found throughout the Hebrew Bible.

We agree that John 1:29 and Hebrews 9:12-13; is representative of the "gospel of GOD" per your enquiry as is Isaiah 53, as is the entire Hebrew Bible and continued in the Brit Chadash. Messianic Judaism believes that the Gospel of God is first and foremost the Hebrew Bible and further expounded upon in the Brit Chadash.

Actually, me thinks you find little reason to fault with my previous reply. References to the "gospet of GOD" is woven throughout the fabric of the Hebrew Bible (the BIG Torah, if you will). Afterall, it is Paul that uses many passages from what is referred as the Hebrew Bible to explain the "gospel of GOD" ... that the crucified Yeshua ... the Lamb of God ... is Yisrael's Mashiach. Many Jews that have come to the realization that Yeshua is their Mashiach by reading the Brit Chadaash.

Romans 1:16-17 (CJB)
16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News, since it is God’s powerful means of bringing salvation to everyone who keeps on trusting, to the Jew especially, but equally to the Gentile.
17 For in it is revealed how God makes people righteous in His sight; and from beginning to end it is through trust — as theTanakh puts it, “But the person who is righteous will live his life by trust.” (Habakkuk 2:4; Proverbs 3:5-6)[/INDENT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jordan Kurecki

Separated unto the Gospel of God
Sep 1, 2014
✟15,613.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What is the gospel of God? What is the good news?

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures

Luke 2:10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Matt 11:4 And Jesus answered them, “Go and tell John what you hear and see: 5 the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them. 6 And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.”

Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

Acts 10:36 As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace through Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all),​
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
One part of the good news is the ben Joseph Messiah came, second part of the good news is the ben David Messiah is coming. Shortly before His crucifixion and resurrection, Yeshua delivered a major prophecy of end-time events which lead to this second half of the good news. The first half, they didn't want to believe. The second half they had hoped it would be in their time.

Reactions: Laureate
Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe it would help with the discussion if you could simply state your answer? Instead of having to prove or justify it, as if we already disagree or assuming my intentions are to find fault. I'm looking for a mature discussion about the gospel according to what is written. State your answer and back it up with scripture please. This is the participation I am seeking. No defense needed, just a statement of faith backed by scripture. Can we MJs agree on what the gospel is so as to share it with the world? The first step is to identify it, no?

What is the good news according to what is written?

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
So, why is the life death and resurrection of Messiah good news?

Upvote 0