South Carolina
✟448,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
do you know the difference between praise and worship? is it necessary to close the eyes while worshiping?

No hard definition difference I've ever seen. Most would say that praise songs are focused on showing appreciation for the gifts God has given (grace, the opportunity to worship, etc). As praise, stylistically you could generalize and say they tend to be more exuberant, faster, louder - whatever - but many would quibble with that.

Most would say worship songs tend to be more focused on the glory of God and His greatness. As worship, stylistically you could generalize that they are more prayerful, introspective, slower, softer - whatever - but many would quibble with that as well.

Never heard anyone ever put a physical requirement on either one. You can praise with hands high or by your side, sitting or standing, swaying or still. You can worship in many different physical positions as well. Seems about the heart, not the body, to me.

Upvote 0

Pike11

Nov 8, 2013
✟7,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
do you know the difference between praise and worship? is it necessary to close the eyes while worshiping?

If we take the words literally, praise is to thank or commend. If I praise you, I might be telling you how good a job you've done. For worship, if you want to get to the literal meaning of the greek word, it means to bow and to kiss.

Praise and worship are words we put into the context of music. While the word "praise" might fit, worship might not so much.

As far as what you do with your body, you can dance, you can kneel, you can do whatever you want. Remember, God doesn't look at our actions, but our heart. Jesus said "God is spirit. He is looking for those who will worship him in spirit and in truth".

Upvote 0
K

Kingsdotter

In worship, there is a need to include certain physical gestures e.g. closing your eyes, raising your hands, looking up to heaven, kneeling, bowing your head or laying on the ground. There should be at least one physical gesture of reverence or humilty during worship.

While praise involves less sober emotions than worship and can be done with or without worship gestures. Praise may also include clapping of hands which is not done in worship because worship involves more sober emotions

Upvote 0