Full Gospel vs Pentecostal: What's the Difference in Their Beliefs?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hat's very sad. I wonder if they'll get their own private room in heaven so they won't know we've been sneaked in by Jesus?
In the next town over was a little bible store that was started when I was in high school (circa 1970) Ray - the guy who owned it - was ordained in the A/G and worked in the area as a "fill in" for when a pastor was on extended vacation or a congregation was between pastors. And not just in the A/G denomination. He had a ton of hilarious stories from his store.

In one, a guy (probably from that huge Apostolic congregation in my home town) came in and was all depressed. He had been doing some historical studies and found out that the name "Jesus" had no historical backing for it. Our Lord was called "Yeshua" by his contemporaries.

Since the UPC makes a HUGE issue of what name you are baptized in, "Jesus ONLY," (and the fact that if you could not go back to correct an incorrect baptism) he feared that his entire denomination, himself included, were all doomed to hell due to being baptized in the WRONG name.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So I think we have established that the Pentecostal/Assemblies of God forum is for Pentecostals like Elim,Apostolic,Church of God and other Spirit filled people,who are Trinitarian and UPC and other movements who do not believe in the Trinity are not part of it. Jesus is LORD!

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

Folks, this is not the place for a discussion or debate about Oneness Pentecostalism. Posts in this forum need to comply with the Statement of Faith for the site, which is Trinitarian.

Upvote 0