What is the difference between a dream and a vision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

good4u

<font color="darkblue"><font size="3"><b><i><font
Apr 4, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟1,875.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What is the eschalogical difference between a dream and a vision? In fact, Daniel in one verse uses both terms. Does any one know?

Joseph, step father of Jesus, had a dream, but no visions. Both Peter and Paul had dreams and visions. God used these methods in ancient times to communicate to men. So then what is the difference?

bertie

Oct 25, 2005
enderby bc canada
✟1,283.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
CA-Greens
I hope He gives better info than you jeff.. i havent a clue what you are getting at....
I think a vision is God inspired,But a dream is not nessessarily always that....though it can be...
a vision is when the person is concious at the time ,A dream is when they are asleep?

Upvote 0

exodus19

Dec 24, 2005
✟648.00
Faith
Other Religion
a dream typically pertains to the present and a vision is prophetic and happens with the association of the Holy Spirit.

all visions given in the Bible are from God or the Holy Spirit.

Dreams can be touched by an angels or a sent spirit to intervene to speack messages, or confirm, even give advice.

but a dream will not have all the expression of prophetic events.

it can have past activity and be translated into a future event as with Daniel, but the reading of neb's dream was a sign for the sons and children of God to hear from a former Prophet.

evil ones have dreams and speak of them, but what they say cannot be for certain.
Only if you are circumcised in heart can a dream be the tale of Truth. but not all dreams are relevent.

One who is in God, is preserved even from evil dreams, or nightmares.

and your question was?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.