1. Saying Goodbye to a Great Staffer: Edial
    Please help me wish Edial a wonderful blessed journey as he steps down from CF staff.
    His footprint on our ministry will always remain but his presence will be greatly missed. I'm sure he will come around as a member to all his favorite forums but for now please join me at his profile page to wish him many thanks for the years of service he has brought to us all.
    All of us on CF staff will miss him dearly!!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the difference between a dream and a vision?

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by good4u, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. good4u

good4u <font color="darkblue"><font size="3"><b><i><font

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Protestant
    What is the eschalogical difference between a dream and a vision? In fact, Daniel in one verse uses both terms. Does any one know?

Joseph, step father of Jesus, had a dream, but no visions. Both Peter and Paul had dreams and visions. God used these methods in ancient times to communicate to men. So then what is the difference?

2. jeffweeder

jeffweeder Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Hello/ they sort of mean the same thing, If you have a strongs concordance, vision = 2376-7, dream ==2472-to dan 2:3 inclusive, then 2492-3 for rest of the book. whether awake or asleep its god giving the info.

3. bertie

bertie New Member

Politics:
    CA-Greens
    Faith:
    Other-Religion
    I hope He gives better info than you jeff.. i havent a clue what you are getting at....
    I think a vision is God inspired,But a dream is not nessessarily always that....though it can be...
    a vision is when the person is concious at the time ,A dream is when they are asleep?

4. jeffweeder

jeffweeder Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    In other words look up "vision " and "dream" in the concordance, and look at the hebrew words used. To much info to post. The point being that it was a god given revelation and it was communicated as such by daniel.

5. good4u

good4u <font color="darkblue"><font size="3"><b><i><font

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Protestant
    Well, I guess I don't know any more than I did before.

I thought you guys were experts on this board.

Any other guesses?

6. exodus19

exodus19 New Member

Faith:
    Other-Religion
    a dream typically pertains to the present and a vision is prophetic and happens with the association of the Holy Spirit.

all visions given in the Bible are from God or the Holy Spirit.

Dreams can be touched by an angels or a sent spirit to intervene to speack messages, or confirm, even give advice.

but a dream will not have all the expression of prophetic events.

it can have past activity and be translated into a future event as with Daniel, but the reading of neb's dream was a sign for the sons and children of God to hear from a former Prophet.

evil ones have dreams and speak of them, but what they say cannot be for certain.
    Only if you are circumcised in heart can a dream be the tale of Truth. but not all dreams are relevent.

One who is in God, is preserved even from evil dreams, or nightmares.

and your question was?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.